Line combinations?

SOOPAVILLIN

In fairness to the coach, when he witnessed Chucky getting run by penguins last game (and the rest of the team did no more than witness it either......coach pencils in Prust on kids line before they even get to the airport. In having/wanting to do that, there is the ripple affect across the board with changes on other lines. Hence pleks centering number one line. ouch.

Thats why max would never be my captain. Seen him turn away too many times when gally, dd, subban or chucky get abused. He's no Iggy thats for sure.

Captains in the NHL who fight more than once or twice a year:

?

?

"turns away when gally, chucky, dd, subban get abused".

fighting i never mentioned. if you would like to talk about fighting i think the tinordi thred is doing that at the moment.

"turns away when gally, chucky, dd, subban get abused".

Abused is what happened to Pacioretty in the Chara hit. What happened to Galchenyuk were clean hits that he put himself in position to receive. Prust tried to fight Steve Downie when he hit Emelin and Downie demurred, that's where my fighting comment came in. Did you watch the game/read what you wrote?

?

Chara.

Ja.Benn, Ference, Weber, Phaneuf and Ladd all fight about twice a year when the timing is good.

I thought Dustin Brown fought more than he does, but nope.

good point 30..Max wouldn't step in even if it were his own mother

Patches is not a fighter, never has been, never will be. He does not have the temperament for it. More likely to see Gallagher fight than Patches. Hell Gallagher probably take on Chara.

you were talking the exact same way about NB till he came up and made you eat every word.

I wouldnt go that far and give him a Norris quite yet, Beaulieu has 0 goals in 50 games or something like that, still shakey (bit lost at times) in own end.

But seems to be holding his own for now and i do hope he becomes a solid d-man.

Stil not sure he is sharpest tool in the shed neither (but with his super skating/puck skills maybe irrelevent?)?

I havent had any big complaints about him in last few weeks that is for sure and very encouraging play.

He wouldnt be the first Hab d-prospect I was wrong about, is a long-ish list. (OByrne, Weber, Belle, Valentenko, Henry...)

Guest Stogey24

I wouldnt go that far and give him a Norris quite yet, Beaulieu has 0 goals in 50 games or something like that, still shakey (bit lost at times) in own end.

But seems to be holding his own for now and i do hope he becomes a solid d-man.

Stil not sure he is sharpest tool in the shed neither (but with his super skating/puck skills maybe irrelevent?)?

I havent had any big complaints about him in last few weeks that is for sure and very encouraging play.

He wouldnt be the first Hab d-prospect I was wrong about, is a long-ish list. (OByrne, Weber, Belle, Valentenko, Henry...)

Not sure where you get he's not the sharpest tool in shed? He's been one of the better defensemen as of late

Guest Stogey24

Chara.

Ja.Benn, Ference, Weber, Phaneuf and Ladd all fight about twice a year when the timing is good.

I thought Dustin Brown fought more than he does, but nope.

Funny this comes up. I was watching the Ducks Jets game and Byfuglien smoked someone, can't remember who, but it was a good clean hit. Guess who the first guy was to skate over and drop the gloves, Getzlaf.

nobody said Patch had to step in and fight everyone..or anyone for that matter..but, he still must STEP IN to be there for a linemate. That goes a long way in my book, and it is certain to go over well in the dressing room.

I don't disagree the old take someone and hold em oughta work.

We don't have a captain yet. It'll come down to Max or PK but neither is ready. I wouldn't think Plek will be named because I'm not so sure that he's in the team's longterm plan. I'd like for him to be here another 4 years. However, I don't think we need two 3rd line centers. Pleks and Eller are both 3rd line centers in my book and we lack one bonafide scoring center. AG is the top center we have, but is he a #1 or #2? At times he looks legit, but other times he looks like a 2nd liner. I guess we make do with what we've got.

Abused is what happened to Pacioretty in the Chara hit. What happened to Galchenyuk were clean hits that he put himself in position to receive. Prust tried to fight Steve Downie when he hit Emelin and Downie demurred, that's where my fighting comment came in. Did you watch the game/read what you wrote?

Abuse has a wide interpertation in the nhl. The write up in the gazette said gally among others were getting hammered and targeted by the pens. Habs had no answer. It was mentioned on here after the game. I thought so too. So i aint alone.

btw thought you were ignoring me? Yes i watch the games, just dont see them the same way you do............thankfully. :thumbs_up:

I don't disagree the old take someone and hold em oughta work.

exactly

Funny this comes up. I was watching the Ducks Jets game and Byfuglien smoked someone, can't remember who, but it was a good clean hit. Guess who the first guy was to skate over and drop the gloves, Getzlaf.

yep. and Maquaid did it on saturday 7 seconds into the game after a clean hard hit on a young Bruin.

I remember chara a couple years ago dropped the gloves and punched out emelin for just MISSING Seguin. He had him lined up and just missed him, but had he caught him it would have been a good hit. Chara immediately punched out emelin for TRYING to hit their young star. That stuff goes on over the league........rarely in montreal.

Some fans have never played the game and think just cause the hit was clean you should just skate away, go take your seat on the bench and wait till your next shift. Maybe get your teammate a drink of water. :rofl:

Guest Stogey24

yep. and Maquaid did it on saturday 7 seconds into the game after a clean hard hit on a young Bruin.

I remember chara a couple years ago dropped the gloves and punched out emelin for just MISSING Seguin. He had him lined up and just missed him, but had he caught him it would have been a good hit. Chara immediately punched out emelin for TRYING to hit their young star. That stuff goes on over the league........rarely in montreal.

Some fans have never played the game and think just cause the hit was clean you should just skate away, go take your seat on the bench and wait till your next shift. Maybe get your teammate a drink of water. :rofl:

It honestly is hard to explain to people who haven't played hockey how far it goes when a teammate stands up for you. Whether your the Captain or it was a clean hit, you at least get in the guys face after the hit

It honestly is hard to explain to people who haven't played hockey how far it goes when a teammate stands up for you. Captain or not you get in the guys face after he lays a big hit on your teammate

right on stogey. you can play for my team anytime.

long as you bring the beer when its your turn of course.

Guest Stogey24

right on stogey. you can play for my team anytime.

long as you bring the beer when its your turn of course.

I was usually the one taking the hit

It honestly is hard to explain to people who haven't played hockey how far it goes when a teammate stands up for you. Whether your the Captain or it was a clean hit, you at least get in the guys face after the hit

I agree, you don't need to be classed as a fighter, or even good at fighting, it's the "got yer back bud" that makes you the best of team mates... a little more grit in the lineup would go a long ways.

Firstly head hunting/ lining someone up" and a clean hard hit are 2 completely different things!!

I recall chara jumping emelin a couple years ago as well and it had nothing to do with a hit or a missed hit... emelin actually broke his stick on seguin's ribs with a cross check at centre ice as he followed him across the neutral zone. To-boot he took himself out of the play to deliver that cross check. thats why chara chased him down in the corner and began to pummel him.

downie as chippy and dirty as he is was not head hunting galchenyuk but simply finished a check in the corner on galchenyuk.

with that said, this is whats wrong with hockey now... you can't throw a clean hard check anymore without having to drop the gloves instantly. its why you don't see emelin throwing those hits as often because he knows he'll have to fight 7 of 10 times and can't with his glass jaw and all! if he can't play his game then sure he'll struggle on the ice.

Actually Emelin still has titanium plate in his face I think.

And it still seems are much fewer fights taking place this year.

Are there even any 4-5minute goons left in league? And if are any left, is too many.