Hossa, Komi, Hainsey, sure bets?

Habby1197

I don't think they are. I was thinking... All of our dead weight might be impossible to get rid of. I wouldn't be surprised to see Komi, Hainsey and Hossa all spend time with the Dogs next year.

Juneau

Dackell

Perreault

Sundstrom

Kiger

McKay

Chow

Not all of them will be gone next year, as much as we hate to hear it, it's the truth.

Sundstrom is not deadwood. He will be on this team until:

a) He is replaced via trade by someone better

B) He is replaced bia prospect by someone better

c) He leaves via free agency

Give him a year (like Julien) to work his magic. He can partner with Bulis to become a great defensive tandem. And when/if we find a defensive centremen who is physical, we will have a great 3rd line.

McKay is Stuck for at least another year. Maybe give him another half a season to improve. He was terrible last year, maybe this comoing year he'll shape up.

Czerkawski, well, I'm looking for news on him. Maybe he'll be like McKay and shape up too.

Juneau and Dackell will be hard to get rid of. Juneau is old, no longer dependable, and has a largish contract. Dackell is easier to get rid of, but we're looking for a good bidder. I've seen reports that Minnesota like his style, but nothing solid.

Perreault or Ribeiro will be gone by the end of next season. It's either youth revolution, or trade Ribs in a package for something better (and maybe younger)

Kilger is still cheaper than most, and if we put him with other physical players (i.e, McKay, Dwyer, Lindsay :clap: ) then he'll do well. Just look at the ugly duckling. Put a goose with ducks, and he'll act like a duck. But not a :monkey:

Audette will be gone by the end of next season too. I wonder if NY would like him.

Audette-Kovalev-Bure

Barnaby-Holik-Lindros

Nedved-Messier-Donato?

Hmm. Or maybe Czerkawski.

Oh well. I'll jump on Puck's bandwagon:

"I can't wait til' 2004!!!"

[Edited on 2003/6/19 by TheAussiePosse]

Komisarek will be with the Habs for sure. I would hope the same for Hainsey, but unless he gets an amazing training camp, the team is stupid enough to send him to the dog pound.

As for Hossa, it depends on how he performs a camp. He probably has his spot reserved on the roster, but the team wont hesitate to send him down if he doesn't perform.

Sundstrom is not deadwood. He will be on this team until:

a) He is replaced via trade by someone better

B) He is replaced bia prospect by someone better

c) He leaves via free agency

Sundstrom is definitely not deadwood. He's IMO one of the best defensive players in the league, and can also contribute offensively. If we are to be cup contenders in a cople years, we'll need a guy like Sundstrom.

me too i like a lot sundstrom... i'm amaze each time i see him along the board.. always find a way to win those battle.. nice deking too and anticipation. Doesn'T have a high potential offensively, it's why coaches use his ability againts the opposite team top lines.. if used on an offensive line, he would score 20-25 goals.. 40-50 pts

Audette-Kovalev-Bure

What a smart line, only RWs(even though Kovalev and Bure can play some LW).

Anyway, I doubt very much that we wont see more youngsters next year, if we dont then were regressing and the upper management is very high on its youngsters right now.

Just look at Madden before he left, or Trevor Timmins, or Andre Savard.

How can you play someone like Dykhuis but not Komisarek, how can you play Sh!tcowski instead of Hossa, it doesnt make sense, Hossas got way more upside. I mean how can play Reverse instead of a probably more mature Hainsey(big talk during playoffs, rebounded very well).

Next year well start seeing more rookies and the year after, all the contracts expire and THEN well be back to being a good team.

Komisarek is a sure bet, no doubt about that. We are paper thin on RD (especially after we move Brisebois , assuming we do) ... Komisarek is a lock....

Hossa is also a sure bet to start the year with the habs , unless of course we trade him before that (which we just might do) ,

Hainsey on the other hand is not a lock , like CC said he'll need to have a big training camp to make the club , nothing is going to be handed to him this year , he has to earn it ...