#6: Montreal Canadiens @ Pittsburgh Penguins, 7:00PM

Commandant

Try it in the washroom...but flush the toilet while whooping... it can forestall awkward questions... :ph34r: :ph34r: :o :o

lol

Well, who is the scapegoat? The 3 inexperienced D, the coach, the whole team, the GM? I know it's only 1 loss (unless there is a heroic comeback), and if I keep saying "it's only 1 loss" more than 25ish more times then it's out of the playoffs.

I haven't been able to watch this one, unfortunately. To that extent I speak from ignorance.

Obviously things can't go on like this, though. A couple more losses and you are hitting crisis time.

The primary blame for these early results rests on a GM who brought in Wisniewski last season precisely because he was manifestly necessary to drive our PP, then allowed him to walk without (apparently) even making an offer, while doing nothing to replace that gaping hole in a specialty team that has been criticial to our success for years now. He then compounded his folly by allowing Hammer to walk despite his stated desire to stay here and his quite reasonable contract demands. The result is an impotent power play that is making the difference between winning and losing.

Maybe Campoli would have helped the PP. Maybe not. He is certainly no Wiz.

JM is not the problem, but if you end up 1-6 or 1-7 to start the season, I agree that you have to do something. That's 12-14 points you've pissed down the drain. PG had better be working the phones like crazy (unotuchables? Subban, Price, Patches. The end). And just how wedded is Molson to Gauthier anyway? A few more losses and we just might find out.

• Upvote 1

Alrighty, I'm out for the night. Well said CC.

It's still early ,so I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens, instead of getting all worked up over it. A win against Toronto would lift spirits. We shall see.

Night all.

The only consistent thing about the Habs losses are that forwards continue to suck in their own zone.

Other than that, they either can't score, or the defense is not there, or Price can't stop a beachball...

It would be nice if they could stick to one reason why they lose, rather than giving us a different one every game. It's depressing, and makes me think we have a bad team.

Also, the Habs could be missing Ryan White more than most think...

I'd be all for a coaching change...it may sound over reacting but as a fan i've had enough of 1-2 goals a game.

Okay...pick a French speaking coach to replace him. Not a whole lot out there at the moment as long as the language requirement is in place.

As for the game itself, it was nice to see a little sign of life at the end, Gionta had a few good shifts to end the game. Also nice to see Engqvist back, it's never fun rolling 10 forwards out there. Other positives from tonight since I feel the need to counter some of the negativity:

- Darche looked much better, had several good chances.

- Price had a good game, kept this one closer than it could have been.

- The late goal means lazy26 doesn't get his shutout points for Fleury, helps me stay within striking distance of him in 1st in the HW Yahoo pool.

- It was good to see Gill get a warm reception from the Penguin fans for his 1,000th game.

- Uh...it's a good pitcher's duel in the World Series, that gave me something to flip to.

Yeah, I think that's good enough. :)

Okay...pick a French speaking coach to replace him. Not a whole lot out there at the moment as long as the language requirement is in place.

As for the game itself, it was nice to see a little sign of life at the end, Gionta had a few good shifts to end the game. Also nice to see Engqvist back, it's never fun rolling 10 forwards out there. Other positives from tonight since I feel the need to counter some of the negativity:

- The late goal means lazy26 doesn't get his shutout points for Fleury, helps me stay within striking distance of him in 1st in the HW Yahoo pool.

- It was good to see Gill get a warm reception from the Penguin fans for his 1,000th game.

- Uh...it's a good pitcher's duel in the World Series, that gave me something to flip to.

Such psychological strength! A true fan! We do have a little sorting out to do out there. I don't know nearly enough about coaching to know JM has anything to do with this or not. We've played lots of good hockey with him behind the bench. I also think we'll have a bettter team this year. But what the hell do I know!

I needed those points! :bonk:

We were playing an astonishingly depleted Pens squad! That's unnacceptable. That slow start can easily cost us the 8th place. We can't put the blame on the fact that Gomez was injured. Neither on the back of Markov. I felt it coming during preseason.. those players don't have the level of confidence required to be successful. You can feel it they know they can't score. Plekanec is great and is my favorite forward, but he's not the one who will carry the team behind him. We can't rely our hope on Kostitsyn. Cammalleri is slowly becoming a one-trick poney à la Kovalev. They can't score unless they have their set-play working to perfection. Whatever the system they try to play, it's not working.

It's not just a loss, it's just not a brutal loss, it's a loss against a totally depleted team! And the Habs were outshot, outhit, dominated on the faceoff circle, failed on 4 PP, got 2 roughing/boarding penalties from... our two 5'7 diminutive!! Shameful and pathetic.

He broke up the K-D-P line!

I am sorry, i have not said a bad thing about JM since he got here... but what? they have dominated? this just does not make any sense...

Really??????? Why the surprise???? Remember last year when AK46 started on fire, the penguin shrugged it off by saying its a contract year and then proceeded to play him with the anchor that is Gomez.

I've never seen a coach so stupid in my life in not letting any sort of chemistry develop between a line, because he obviously isn't able to see when their is obvious chemistry between players. The only constant with the penguin is that at some point Moen and Darche will end up in the top 6 and the PP :wall::bonk:

why does JM always ###### with things that are actually working....why break up DD, Kostisyn and Patches. and there has to be better scoring options that Darche and Moen...WTF......we should have kept Muller

when we let Boucher, go, i said we should have fired JM then and kept Boucher. Who cares if we went to the final 4, being in the final 4 isn't winning the cup!

Because 2 players are out of the lineup and they're adapting on the fly? No combos have stayed together, not just the Desharnais line. And they did play some shifts together in the period.

when you are losing and short players, you are handed an excuse to shorten the bench and go with your top guns.

You know what else we don't have... that energy line.. tough, hard working, capable of scoring, etc...

how can we have an energy line, when the penguin keeps anchoring our top guys with the 4th line energy players.