#6: Montreal Canadiens @ Pittsburgh Penguins, 7:00PM

Commandant

Probably no game thread yet as nobody wants to take a guess at our lines!!!

As for Wiz, he was too much money. It would have cost us a player we need to resign in the off season next summer. Pointless arguement. He was a fill in, nobody could foresee the Markov setback, but when he does return I ppredict we once again have the most potent powerplay in the league.

I also don't look at this season as rebuilding, but as a contender. I just still believe that we will turn this around big time. It is far too early to panic. The season is young, as is our d-core. All will improve by this time next month or I will also be up in arms. To say that we are going to miss the playoffs now is about as crazy as Leaf fans planning their parade route already. Sample size way too small.

We have the lines from practice.... I'm not making a GDT as I made the last one and it as our worst game of the year.

Cammy - Plek - Gio

Patch - DD - Cole

Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn

Darche - Engqvist - Palushaj/Weber

Gorges - Subban

Gill - Diaz

Spacek/Weber - Emelin

Further to Johnny's point, dig this hilarious analysis from, I believe, the much-missed Wamsley:

http://www.habseyeso...ctive#storyjump

But contrast with this:

http://www.cowhidean...ull-the-trigger

My conclusion: we're not on the brink yet. But we are definitely approaching it. Even Chris Boyle's analysis (first link above) has this tension, that it argues that a hot start is usually negated by a mid-season slump. Too many more losses will make it impossible to absorb that slump and still make the dance.

Not time to panic. Time, though, to start considering options should we hit the crisis point. A win tonight will be important.

We have the lines from practice.... I'm not making a GDT as I made the last one and it as our worst game of the year.

I knew someone had to be to blame for that terrible showing. Thanks for being a big man and owning up to it. Yes, it was all your fault and please don't do it again. We don't need to fire the coach, just get better game day threads and all will be well. :rofl:

One comment from the CBC which resonated with me is that Muller leaving takes away the buffer between the players and JM. JM is a thinking, Muller provided the emotion, the jokes, the prodding.

I am not one to think this makes Muller a head coach option, they are two different skills. I do worry we are missing him on the bench as the assistant.

One comment from the CBC which resonated with me is that Muller leaving takes away the buffer between the players and JM. JM is a thinking, Muller provided the emotion, the jokes, the prodding.

I am not one to think this makes Muller a head coach option, they are two different skills. I do worry we are missing him on the bench as the assistant.

I agree with that. Martin and Muller had a good cop/bad cop dynamic. Hopefully Cunneyworth can start to develop the good cop part of that.