#11: Boston Bruins @ Montreal Canadiens 7:00 PM

Commandant

Why do we care? You answered your own question in your post. You don't like diving.

I don't like it in the game, but as long as the league does nothing about it, I hope the Habs take every advantage they can get. Just win baby!

Two things.... There was a mention here that Cammy was hurt? Is he ok?

He wasn't hurt during the game, I just speculated that he must be playing injured because he's fighting the puck so much, and then Colin reminded me of the stitches in his leg from the cut from Weber's skate a few games back.

I had to listen to Brick and Jack Edwards call the game. Gross. Biggest homers in the announcer's booth today. You can't blame the refs when your team only scores one goal. (The one in garbage time was a fluke, like their cup.) Keep in mind the complaining started ten minutes into the second period. Commandant, I could care less either if Subban dives. This team has no physical presence whatsoever, and not only did he draw two important power plays, a strategic dive may be the only thing he can do to protect himself. Keep in mind Boston has one of the biggest divers out there (Peverly) and in general, are a team full of pieces of shit. They have no moral ground to complain about anything. The endless whining and Jack Edwards speec about the hull of the Ruin's ship having a 100 foot gash was endlessly entertaining!

I had to listen to Brick and Jack Edwards call the game.  Gross.  Biggest homers in the announcer's booth today.  You can't blame the refs when your team only scores one goal. (The one in garbage time was a fluke, like their cup.)  Keep in mind the complaining started ten minutes into the second period.  Commandant, I could care less either if Subban dives.  This team has no physical presence whatsoever, and not only did he draw two important power plays, a strategic dive may be the only thing he can do to protect himself.  Keep in mind Boston has one of the biggest divers out there (Peverly) and in general, are a team full of pieces of shit.  They have no moral ground to complain about anything.  The endless whining and Jack Edwards speec about the hull of the Ruin's ship having a 100 foot gash was endlessly entertaining!

Agreed. Bruins dive as much as anyone. They have no right to complain. Search youtube for Bruins dives, or Marchand Dives, or even Zdeno Chara dives and you'll find them. There is not a single team in the NHL that has not used diving to their advantage and done so recently. This is a multi-million dollar business, and diving helps you win... so everyone is going to do it. This is competition to win, this isn't about being honourable.

Diving should be a suspendable offense. it is gross in my opinion and the players who do it should not be allowed to play.

Honestly what i saw in the final last year was not good hockey and I didn't enjoy watching games were everyone on both teams just flew their heads back whenever anything happened just to draw a penalty. It was boring and just not what I want to see in the NHL.

We should review games and penalize players who dive. This is hockey, not soccer.

Claude Julien was not a happy camper. I would like to send him a message

if i could.

Mister Julien, you are sitting in JM spot right now. Last place of the conference

after 10 games is not looking good, just like you. Nobody really likes you,

you are very near to be fired, you represent the old generation of coaches,

maybe Chiarelli should fire your friend Jarvis.

Have a bad day.

Diving should be a suspendable offense. it is gross in my opinion and the players who do it should not be allowed to play.

Honestly what i saw in the final last year was not good hockey and I didn't enjoy watching games were everyone on both teams just flew their heads back whenever anything happened just to draw a penalty. It was boring and just not what I want to see in the NHL.

We should review games and penalize players who dive. This is hockey, not soccer.

Ok. I agree with that, fines and suspensions for diving. But the fact remains that until the league takes that step, the league itself, by its enforcement, actually encourages diving, in the same way FIFA does.If you don't come down hard against it, its only natural the players will all do whatever it takes to win.

Ok. I agree with that, fines and suspensions for diving. But the fact remains that until the league takes that step, the league itself, by its enforcement, actually encourages diving, in the same way FIFA does.If you don't come down hard against it, its only natural the players will all do whatever it takes to win.

I think it should be the next thing that comes into play for sure. If it was just like a game suspension then players would stop.

Didn't they crack down a couple years back? (IIRC they had a list, and repeat offenders were to be fined on an escalating scale). But then the next hot button item came up and it was the penalty of the year being called, and the diving was forgotten

And (like shots to the head, even though there wasn't a specfic head shot rule there IS an attempt to injure which could have been called on some of the head shots in the past) I think there is a diving (or similiar) rule on the books it's just rarely called........

Didn't they crack down a couple years back? (IIRC they had a list, and repeat offenders were to be fined on an escalating scale). But then the next hot button item came up and it was the penalty of the year being called, and the diving was forgotten

And (like shots to the head, even though there wasn't a specfic head shot rule there IS an attempt to injure which could have been called on some of the head shots in the past) I think there is a diving (or similiar) rule on the books it's just rarely called........

But a penalty isn't enough for diving. The reward doesn't balance out the penalty.

There is a rule, but its rarely called and even when called, the ref still calls the trip, hook etc and its 4 on 4. I also think the game is too fast and the officials can't call it. Hence the need for fines escalating to suspensions, to get this shit out.

There is a rule, but its rarely called and even when called, the ref still calls the trip, hook etc and its 4 on 4. I also think the game is too fast and the officials can't call it. Hence the need for fines escalating to suspensions, to get this shit out.

Completely agree