Carey Price named NHL's 1st Star of the Week

lazy26

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=598265

Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price, Edmonton Oilers goalie Nikolai Khabibulin and Philadelphia Flyers forward Jaromir Jagr check in as the NHL's Three Stars of the Week.

Price, the First Star, allowed only four goals on 80 shots as he beat the Flyers on Wednesday and led the Canadiens to a home-and-home sweep of the rival Bruins on Thursday and Saturday.

I won't deny that Price's .950 SV% helped me win a few goalie categories this week. :)

I wonder if this is the first time someone has received first star honours despite making such a horrible gaffe like Pleks' own goal.

Good for Carey! I have slightly mixed feelings about it, though. There's a certain view out there that the Habs are a mediocre team upheld by a terrific goalie; yet it's not as though Price won those three games single-handedly by any means, and the whole team played very well. Nevertheless, he is a terrific goalie playing in a murderous market, so kudos to him,

Good for Carey! I have slightly mixed feelings about it, though. There's a certain view out there that the Habs are a mediocre team upheld by a terrific goalie; yet it's not as though Price won those three games single-handedly by any means, and the whole team played very well. Nevertheless, he is a terrific goalie playing in a murderous market, so kudos to him,

He did stop a lot of shots... but we also scored 11 goals

Carey's the real deal most of us hoped he would be. I believe we're lucky to have this player. I also loved Halak, I tend to support everyone who puts on the jersey. One observation though. Many of the anti Carey Price posters seem to have disappeared from this mighty website!!! One in particular, who used to tell us stories about the 60's. I forget his name, come on back! No hard feelings.

Haha. where are all those people who wanted to keep Halak? too funny.

Price is the man. I can tell you for certain that he doesn't give a crap about this 'award' and would be the first to complement his team for their elevated play of late.

Many of the anti Carey Price posters seem to have disappeared from this mighty website!!!

It's a good thing ALL the anti Price posters didn't leave, otherwise we wouldn't have this great website left. I was one of the rare ones that stuck with him his whole career and there wasn't many of us.