Wolves vs Bulldogs, 10:00 AM, November 8

dlbalr

Do not adjust your screen, you did indeed read the title correctly. The Bulldogs are having a 'school day' which will consist of morning hockey...and a constant sound of kids screaming throughout the arena. Their opponent will be the Chicago Wolves, now affiliated with Vancouver.

chi09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Darren Haydar (4)

Assists: Tim Miller (5)

+/-: Mark Matheson (+3)

PIMS: Mike Brennan (29)

-r105019%20:%20ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: DeSimone/Masse/Stafford (3)

Assists: Palushaj/Willsie (7)

+/-: Alex Henry (+2)

PIMS: ZacK FitzGerald (53)

Puck drop is at 10:00 AM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Looks like another butt kicking, down 2 goals with 4 min to play. Looks like the Trotter trade hurt more than anticipated. Need somebody to start popping goals in.

Hurt the Dogs scoring, sure, but it really helped the Habs 4th line.

I'll take NHL gains over AHL gains any day.

Agreed. I think we need to tweek this line up abit or else it is going to be a long season.

A lot of their problems is that the people who were supposed to score simply aren't. 2 combined goals from Palushaj and Willsie isn't good enough. With one contract spot left, they can't even go sign another veteran. Unfortunately, the extra scoring help is going to have to develop from within.

still wondering what the heck Palushaj did to get at ten minute misconduct at the 46 second mark from referee Marcus "the Swedish meatball" Vinnerborg? Play seemed innocent enough. He stopped before hitting goalie Climie. Just wondering if the play had been blown dead but he couldn't hear due to all the screaming ten year olds in the crowd. He was besides himself in the box and the radio crew failed to mention post game that the team played without one of their top players for ten minutes plus (he was in there for almost 11 minutes b4 play stopped) . Of course, 46 seconds in on the radio doesn't necessarily mean watching what is going on-usually still giving out lineups, who is going left to right etc.

Team looked like they were on a PK all the first period and passes were not connecting. Hank made a couple obvious goofs. Lawson was upset with Vinnerborg after the third Chicago goal - just wondering why?

A lot of their problems is that the people who were supposed to score simply aren't. 2 combined goals from Palushaj and Willsie isn't good enough. With one contract spot left, they can't even go sign another veteran. Unfortunately, the extra scoring help is going to have to develop from within.

I antipate some value returned from Montreal at some point. That value may have to be tweaked (trade) to get some scoring.

Team looked like they were on a PK all the first period and passes were not connecting. Hank made a couple obvious goofs. Lawson was upset with Vinnerborg after the third Chicago goal - just wondering why?

Vinnerborg certainly hasn't been Mr. Popular in Hamilton. Makes you wonder how he was cherry picked to be the first European NHL referee.

I antipate some value returned from Montreal at some point. That value may have to be tweaked (trade) to get some scoring.

Right now, we figure Blunden will be back but he'll be more of a help to the 3rd line than anything. Diaz may be down at some point (especially if Campoli's getting closer to returning) which should help the powerplay and transition game. That's about it for help. They were banking on guys like Dumont and Fortier taking an offensive step forward and becoming top-6 guys - Fortier has stepped up a bit but Dumont's scoring isn't there (he's still playing well though). Avtsin was another who was supposed to be better this year but from what I've heard, he's more lost than before.

They could trade for some veteran help but as a Montreal fan, would you be content with dealing a prospect for a career minor leaguer? Trotter was okay to move as it was evident he didn't have a future with the Habs but is there another one of those types of guys that can be dealt?

has there been any mention re a possible return from injury for Brendon Nash and Hunter Bishop?????. (seems to be out of sight, out of mind)

has there been any mention re a possible return from injury for Brendon Nash and Hunter Bishop?????. (seems to be out of sight, out of mind)

Both are out long-term, I've heard 4-6 months mentioned for both of them but nothing official.

I doubt if the Habs will carry nine defensemen. The question would be which defenseman would you trade? i would try to get some value from players that will be gone next year anyway. Unless you can pull off a 2 for 1, you will be putting the value back in prospects or picks. You have enough value to pick off a goal scoring comer if you wish.

Palushaj will get playing time again with Cammelleri and AK out, showcase

him and trade him back for whatever.

Point wise Avtsin is doing worse than last year. We've been sold a

scoring machine or is broken harm early in his career made him a bust.

Leblanc is pretty quiet, shoots but doesn't have a shooting weapon, more a passer

he is good at a lot of things but not really good at most of things :unsure: .

Leblanc is pretty quiet, shoots but doesn't have a shooting weapon, more a passer

he is good at a lot of things but not really good at most of things :unsure: .

It's early, I must say I figured this was coming. He was all hyped up for his pro debut (as most are) but now the lower conditioning level is coming into play...not to mention the fact his wingers are often checkers. I think he'll be fine as long as they don't throw him into a primary scoring role. He needs to be a secondary piece this year as that should help him develop at a consistent, more reasonable pace.