GDT: Canadiens vs Oilers - 8/11/2011

bar

<p align="center">

Edmonton+Oilers+v+Montreal+Canadiens+e0wKOJ1phOal.jpg

<p><br />

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center">101.png

<!-- enemy team jersey image here http://www.jerseydat...ts/1/9/1922.png -->

</td>

<td align="center">

69.png <!-- http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/69.png HOME http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/70.png away -->

</td>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center" colspan="2"><b><u>Projected Lines</u></b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center">Edmonton Oilers:</b></td>

<td align="center">Montreal Canadiens:</b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;">

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#ffffff"> FORWARDS </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle <br />

Ryan Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky <br />

Jones - Belanger - Gagner<br />

Eager - Lander - Petrell <br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#ffffff">DEFENCE</td>

</tr>

<tr align="center">

<td>

Potter - Petry <br />

Smid - Gilbert <br />

Peckham - Teubert<br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#ffffff">GOALIES</td>

</tr>

<tr align="center">

<td>

Khabibulin <br />

Dubnyk

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea" align="center">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;">

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#ffffff"> FORWARDS </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gionta <br />

Cammalleri - Desharnais - Cole <br />

Moen - Eller - Weber <br />

Blunden - Nokelainen - Darche <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#ffffff">DEFENCE</td>

</tr>

<tr align="center">

<td>

Gorges - Subban<br />

Spacek - Emelin <br />

Diaz - Gill <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#ffffff">GOALIES</td>

</tr>

<tr align="center">

<td>

Price <br />

Budaj<br />

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center"><u><b>Stat Leaders:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals:</b> Smyth, Hopkins (6)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Eberle (8)<br />

<b>Points: </b> Smyth, Hopkins (12) <br />

<b>+/-: </b>Petry, Hall, Eberle, Hopkins (+4)

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals: </b>Kosty, Pax (5)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Plekanec (8)<br />

<b>Points: </b>Plekanec (12)<br />

<b>+/-: </b>Gorges (+7)<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" align="center"><u><b>Team Stats/Notes:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%" >

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>8-3-2<br />

<b>Scratches: </b><br />

<b>Injuries: </b>Hemsky<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>5-6-2 </b><br />

<b>Scratches: </b>Emelin <br />

<b>Injuries: </b>Markov, Gomez, Campoli, White<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500" height="57">

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" width="100%" height="19">

<b>Puck Drop:</b> 7:30 PM EST<br />

<b>TV: </b>TSN-A,RDSHD<br />

<b>Radio:</b>(Not sure about this, anyone know?)

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<br />

• Upvote 1

This game will be a tough challenge for the Habs. They really need a win tonight, but it isn't going to be easy.

And given our history of running into hot goalies I expect Bulin won't be givin us much..

We really need to keep a lot of pressure on their defensive end and force bad giveaways.

It's amazing how, overnight, the Oilers have become the NHL's Sexy Young Team. Good for them; that's a city that deserves a quality club - although I confess to envy at all that high-ceiling talent. In any case, if we want to contend, we need to be able to beat flashier teams with our vastly superior experience, ace goaltending and all-around, opportunistic team game. And oh yeah, we also need to make the playoffs :huh:

Hemsky is in for the Oilers, MPS is out:

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky

Hall - RNH - Eberle

Jones - Belanger - Gagner

Eager - Lander - Petrell

Right now Edmonton is staying alive due to their goaltending (which was so bad before and the reason they were that much worse than the other bottom feeders), their D is awful and can be exposed quite easily. Renney is also doing a great job managing the ice time because that kid line is so young they haven't even learned to pronounce the term 'defensive zone faceoff'. RNH has particular trouble with the last part of that word.

Kostitsyn's a no-go, bottom 6 are: Darche-Eller-Moen, Blunden-Nokelainen-Weber

Would anyone think that Weber would be better on the third with that shot for Eller to give to? Or is he just not good enough?

No goal for Subban in 13 games.

Cammalleri will have to clutch some time if he is a 30 goal scorer. Wich i never seen in a habs uniform.

Kovalev and Ryder!

Why on earth are we not putting Eller with Cole and Cammi?

For some reason, most people seem to be set in the mindset that Desharnais is now the legit #2 C moving forward. Heck, on one of the major sports networks (either TSN or SNET), that exact thing was said tonight, Desharnais is entrenched in that position. Eller should be there, he's shown a lot more than Desharnais.

For a period that had all of 10 total shots on goal, it was pretty entertaining. Stat of the period: Blunden played 3 seconds. You may have spent more time reading that sentence than he did on the ice.

For some reason, most people seem to be set in the mindset that Desharnais is now the legit #2 moving forward. Heck, on one of the major sports networks (either TSN or SNET), that exact thing was said, Desharnais is entrenched in that position. Eller should be there, he's shown a lot more than Desharnais.

For a period that had all of 10 total shots on goal, it was pretty entertaining.

Yeah, I just don't get that. Desharnais hasn't showed me anything in the last pile of games. Eller is the centre of the future, such as it is, for the Habs. He's the guy with the most potential and the best overall package. Desharnais is a cutesy player who can absolutely pass and definitely works hard, but I'm not sure he's got what it takes to make it long-term. He's good, but I'd rather see Eller get chemistry with guys who will be here a while.

Why on earth are we not putting Eller with Cole and Cammi?

I'd comment on why, but then I'd be accused of pushing my anti-Martin agenda on every thread :rolleyes: At least its nice to see Emelin FINALLY get in.

I'd comment on why, but then I'd be accused of pushing my anti-Martin agenda on every thread :rolleyes: At least its nice to see Emelin FINALLY get in.

Just because DD started there doesn't mean he'll end their eh? :P

How has Emelin been?