GDT: Canadiens vs Oilers - 8/11/2011

bar

what is the point of playing Moen with Eller???

If they get shutout, will this be two straight games against the oilers?

what is the point of playing Moen with Eller???

Teaching Eller self-reliance. How else can you become a star in a team game unless you get the chance to play by yourself for long stretches in the attacking zone.

And no skin off Moen, great guy, great worker, but he's no Cole/Cammi.

and there we go.. bad blind pass from Pleks...

He really did have an awful game.

Do you reduce a guy's responsibilities when he just doesn't look like he has it that night? Or do you keep the faith that a veteran player like Pleks will battle through it?

You know what helps? And I'm no hockey coach, but I think this could help.

Hitting the net.

You know, with shots? Like, for instance, can the defence put the puck on net? Because at least there's a chance to score when you hit the net. Or the forwards. I know they want to hit corners and have these brilliant goals, but exhibit (A), the goal by Patches, was a backhander - weak - through the legs. But he hit the net. At least he had a chance to score.

Love Subban, but I'm not sure if you doubled the net size it would help. Diaz, Weber, etc, ad nausea (sic), we have no shot from the point that hits the net. Plex on the point during the PP? Missed the net. Doesn't he set up endless chances down low? I guess that's unfair for the opposition. Another story.

This story?

Hit the freaking net.