Sabres vs Habs, Nov. 14, 7 PM EST

dlbalr

Oh man! They're flying.

Oh man, 4 regulars are out and the team is still playing well.

Happy! :)

Unfortunately, I think this is less us playing well (although I agree things are looking positive) than it is Buffalo playing terribly. It feels like every time they get the puck they're ripe for a turnover.

EDIT: Not unfortunately, that's the wrong word. Just start that sentence after that word.

Is there any good reason why Subban doesn't take 75% of the PP? It's painful watching these guys on the point.

Is there any good reason why Subban doesn't take 75% of the PP? It's painful watching these guys on the point.

<p>I had a theory regarding this. I couldn't remember Subban doing much of anything on the powerplay so I put together a mini-table just now of PP efficiency by defencemen. The results:

<table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#111111" width="62%">

<tr>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#000000" align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF"><b>

Player</b></font></td>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#000000" align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF"><b>PP

TOI</b></font></td>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#000000" align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF"><b>PP

Pts</b></font></td>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#000000" align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF"><b>

Pt/PP TOI</b></font></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="25%" align="center">P.K. Subban</td>

<td width="25%" align="center"><b>54:11</b></td>

<td width="25%" align="center">1</td>

<td width="25%" align="center">54:11</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#EAEAEA" align="center">Yannick Weber</td>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#EAEAEA" align="center"><b>53:15</b></td>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#EAEAEA" align="center">3</td>

<td width="25%" bgcolor="#EAEAEA" align="center">17:45</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td width="25%" align="center">Raphael Diaz</td>

<td width="25%" align="center"><b>35:20</b></td>

<td width="25%" align="center">1</td>

<td width="25%" align="center">35:20</td>

</tr>

</table>

<p> So as this table shows, heading into tonight, Subban had the worst PP point to TOI ratio among defencemen. Even with the assist (which wouldn't have happened with Weber keeping it in), he still isn't as 'efficient' as Weber...and I use that term loosely as efficiency and powerplay don't belong together...for anyone.

<p> So as this table shows, heading into tonight, Subban had the worst PP point to TOI ratio among defencemen. Even with the assist (which wouldn't have happened with Weber keeping it in), he still isn't as 'efficient' as Weber...and I use that term loosely as efficiency and powerplay don't belong together...for anyone.

That's "Moneypuck" stats if I ever saw it.

that table didn't quite work out

Eller has not even played 10 minutes yet. I don't get it, does anyone see a reason why he's not being used more? Am I missing something major? He's good in his own end, playing with poise, and doing quite well considering he's playing with all-but-useless wingers most of the time. Does Martin really not like him? I just don't get this decision at all.

Eller has not even played 10 minutes yet. I don't get it, does anyone see a reason why he's not being used more? Am I missing something major? He's good in his own end, playing with poise, and doing quite well considering he's playing with all-but-useless wingers most of the time. Does Martin really not like him? I just don't get this decision at all.

Only two players have played less than him.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, I think this is less us playing well (although I agree things are looking positive) than it is Buffalo playing terribly. It feels like every time they get the puck they're ripe for a turnover.

EDIT: Not unfortunately, that's the wrong word. Just start that sentence after that word.

I actually think there shouldn't be any reason that Subban can't play the full PP - even if it means taking away some 5 on 5 time from him.

I totally agree with the way Buffalo is playing. BUt i think we NEED to be up by more. there is still a lot of time left.

Did i just jinx them - seen this story too many times. NOt finishing on the chances we get and the other team comes back to tie it :wall:

Darche on the PP over Eller. What is wrong with Martin? Is he going to quote a stat to cover for the fact that he doesn't recognize Eller is a better player all over the ice? Where's that female reporter?