Canadiens @ Islanders - November 17th, 2011

bar

<p align="center">

Montreal+Canadiens+v+New+York+Islanders+YAkbkA_4MbIl.jpg

<p><br />

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center">742.png

<!-- enemy team jersey image here http://www.jerseydat...ts/1/9/1922.png -->

</td>

<td align="center">

70.png <!-- http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/69.png HOME http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/70.png away -->

</td>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" colspan="2"><b><u>Projected Lines</u></b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center">New York Islanders:</b></td>

<td align="center">Montreal Canadiens:</b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>FORWARDS</b><br />

Moulson - Tavares - Grabner <br />

Rolston - Nielsen - Parenteau <br />

Comeau - Reasoner - Niederreiter <br />

Martin - Bailey - Pandolfo <br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>DEFENCE</b><br />

Streit - Staios <br />

MacDonald - Hamonic <br />

Mottau - Jurcina <br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>GOALIES</b><br />

Nabokov <br />

Montoya

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea" align="center">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>FORWARDS</b><br />

Cammy - Plekanec - Gionta <br />

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole <br />

Gomez - Eller - Palushaj <br />

Moen - Nokelainen - Darche <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>DEFENCE</b><br />

Gorges - Subban <br />

St.Denis - Weber <br />

Diaz - Emelin <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>GOALIES</b><br />

Budaj<br />

Price<br />

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" align="center"><u><b>Stat Leaders:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals:</b> Tavares (8)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Parenteau (11)<br />

<b>Points: </b> Tavares (15) <br />

<b>+/-: </b>Niederreiter, Eaton (+0)

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals: </b>Pax (8)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Plekanec (10)<br />

<b>Points: </b>Plekanec (16)<br />

<b>+/-: </b>Gorges (+11)<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" align="center"><u><b>Team Stats/Notes:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%" >

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>4-8-3<br />

<b>Scratches:</b> Okposo, Eaton<br />

<b>Injuries: </b><br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>7-7-3 </b><br />

<b>Scratches: </b> <br />

<b>Injuries: </b>Markov, Campoli, White, Gill, Spacek, AK<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500" height="57">

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" width="100%" height="19">

<b>Puck Drop:</b> 7:00 PM EST<br />

<b>TV: </b>TSNHD-A,RDSHD<br />

<b>Radio:</b> TSN990, FM 98,5

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<br />

Some notes:

- Nabokov starts in net.

- Kyle Okposo is likely to again be a healthy scratch as is Mark Eaton.

- There will be 4 Swiss players dressed between the two teams (Diaz/Weber and Streit/Niederreiter). Some seem to think this has never happened before, I have no idea if this is true though.

@Brian - I could hardly imagine how this could not be the first time four Swiss players are in the same game. Especially not four Swiss skaters! Who could have been there before? Luca Cereda, Reto Von Arx, Goran Bezina and Julien Vauclair (I swear, I did not even use wikipedia to find those names!)

Glad the Habs gave the nod to Budaj. Between having back-to-back contests and his good showing thus far, its hard to argue with the decision.

In any event, shameless self promo, but just whipped up a preview: http://habsworld.net/article.php?id=2643

@Brian - I could hardly imagine how this could not be the first time four Swiss players are in the same game. Especially not four Swiss skaters! Who could have been there before? Luca Cereda, Reto Von Arx, Goran Bezina and Julien Vauclair (I swear, I did not even use wikipedia to find those names!)

Nice references, particularly with Vauclair who only played 1 game. There have been several instances of 3 in recent years so you never know if there was an instance with 4. It'd be few and far between though and I'm inclined to believe the suggestion considering it came from someone who closely follows Swiss hockey. Depending on the lineup when the Habs play Anaheim, it will happen then as well.

Okposo is the dog house? He'd look good as a 3rd liner on this team now wouldn't he.

His second straight game as a healthy scratch interestingly enough. This means he's been a healthy scratch in his career a total of...2 times. Yeah, I don't get it either.

His second straight game as a healthy scratch interestingly enough. This means he's been a healthy scratch in his career a total of...2 times. Yeah, I don't get it either.

He's been a healthy scratch before this season as well I believe. I mean the kid deserves to sit because of his lousy start to the season with 3 games and only 3 assists for what is supposed to be a power forward is troubling. But I wonder if the kid needs a change of scenery because he has not lived to expectation.

I don't like Moulson.....he's a big body but he's also pretty soft. I've wanted tio see a Dustin brown, Shane Doan, Kyle Okposo (projected), Wayne Simmonds type of guy. Players who can skate and play and score and drop the gloves when needed.

...how good would Moulson look in a Habs jersey??

Not gonna happen, but I'm just saying... :-)

Well, I'm sure there would be a lame marketing campaign or two from Montreal ownership if they were to get him. Buy a Molson to show your support for Moulson...ugh.

Well, I'm sure there would be a lame marketing campaign or two from Montreal ownership if they were to get him. Buy a Molson to show your support for Moulson...ugh.

That's awesome.

A win tonight and we are in 8th, seems like only yesterday I read on hear how hopeless this season is and how we may aswell look at top picks..... Some glad PG didn't panic like so many on here did.

GO HABS GO

Early days but... Gomez has been our best forward! How's that for a "how're you doin'?"

When AK is back i'd keep Gomez on Eller wing.

This sounds a little weird but AK and Eller works well and Gomez has the ability to change speed

to enter the zone and has some passing skills.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I've ever seen a 6'1 goalie (Budaj) look so small in the net. He's doing well enough, but he collapses himself a lot when he goes down. Lots of net to hit if the Isles had some vision, I think.

Habs are not at all sharp with the puck. They're throwing away possession regularly.

This is more what I expected yesterday - for the Habs to look sloppy in their own end with the defencemen looking a little antsy under pressure. I was surprised to see DiPietro come in, I thought he was still hurt.

Stats of the period:

- Gomez leads (or is tied for the lead) the Habs in faceoff percentage and takeways.

- Darche at 1:48 has the least amount of ice time on either side. (I suspect there will be cheers there...)

That's about it, not much in the way of action to really have stats for.

• Upvote 1