Max Pac

bbp

Okay, with all the waives of negative energy around this season I just want to point something out that I haven't seen mentioned.

Max is 15th in the league in scoring.

He is on pace for 39 goals.

People we have a break out star on our hands and he isn't getting the attention he deserves!

That is a goal scorers goal on Pekke Rinne.

This guy has incredible talent, best hab this season. He is only going to get better and better to.

Just thought I would point this out :)

• Upvote 2

Well he is 33rd in league scoring

But tied for 11th in goals.

Pretty impressive I must say.

Imagine if he finished the year in the top 15 in goals? When was the last time a Hab did that?

edit (Kovalev 07-08 but I bet it was a long time before that since the last one)

Do NOT vote for him in any All-Star voting. Make sure all your Habs fans don't either. The fewer times our Habs make the All-Star team, the less leverage they'll have when it's time to negotiate! ;-)

• Upvote 1

Do NOT vote for him in any All-Star voting. Make sure all your Habs fans don't either. The fewer times our Habs make the All-Star team, the less leverage they'll have when it's time to negotiate! ;-)

hahaha smooth

I love MaxPac but I actually don't want him in the All Star voting. He is not a legitimate NHL all-star yet, and the karma of Montreal fans swamping the ballot boxes is terrible - remember what happened in 2009?? It clearly went to the heads of guys who hadn't earned it.

Let him play at this level or higher for a couple of years, THEN get the reward.

I hope fans love this kid, though. Any team in hockey would be ecstatic to have him. I'm not saying anything surprising when I say that he, Subban, and Price are the future core of what I hope is, ultimately, a Cup-winning team.

I love MaxPac but I actually don't want him in the All Star voting. He is not a legitimate NHL all-star yet, and the karma of Montreal fans swamping the ballot boxes is terrible - remember what happened in 2009?? It clearly went to the heads of guys who hadn't earned it.

Let him play at this level or higher for a couple of years, THEN get the reward.

I hope fans love this kid, though. Any team in hockey would be ecstatic to have him. I'm not saying anything surprising when I say that he, Subban, and Price are the future core of what I hope is, ultimately, a Cup-winning team.

I don't buy that. All-star selections doesn't seem to effect young players on other teams. If his numbers say he belongs there, he should be there. The only guy who didn't deserve to be there that year was Komi. This year, I'm not sure if Price or Subban will have the numbers for them warrant to being in the all star game. They could end up there though from the usual ballot stuffing exercise.

I don't think there's any doubt that MaxPac is a bona fide Power forward in the making. He's got the size, the skill and he's a good skater on top of that! Also bringing in a veteran Power forward like Cole can only help in developing Maxpac. The kid is good, and I really enjoy watching him develop into a great NHL player!

You know what affects every player at All-Star games? Injuries. Don't forget, the Habs are cursed. Do we really want to put our players in harm's way? No. So for a positive future and a great season, Vote No to Habs at the All-Star game.

This comment has been approved by the agents for the Forum Ghosts who are still bitter about a great many things and will continue to inflict injury on the Habs until such time as said Ghosts feel their feelings have been properly assuaged.

In fairness Rinne looked horrible on that shot. I think he was thinking pass so was leaning to his left slightly. Perfct sht none the less.

Pacioretty has been a great find though. I think most were expecting him to be a Mike McPhee type of player but he has become a John Leclair but with more speed. My only knock on the guy is that I wish he woyuld take the body just a little bit more. Too often he peels off on the forecheck. There are many times in the game when he can hit a D-man but ultimately decides not to. Not sure if this is a result of Martin not wanting players to get out of position to finish a check or if it is a personal thing.

In time I hope Max improves on that side of the game.

The only reason he got the McPhee label was because McGuire went off on it incessantly. There were plenty of others who thought he'd bring more offence than that. However he's still exceeding expectations now, and becoming even better than other experts thought.

The only reason he got the McPhee label was because McGuire went off on it incessantly. There were plenty of others who thought he'd bring more offence than that. However he's still exceeding expectations now, and becoming even better than other experts thought.

I think the label was merited however because he has never been a goal scorer. I mean his Michigan team was stacked sure but he finished well behind guys like Porter on the scoring sheet. Even his first year of pro hockey he scored a total of 9 goals.

I'm glad he is doing better than what most thought because max had it right all along when he said he'd rather stay in Hamilton then play 8 minutes a game on he 4th line. Good for him.

He was a freshman at michigan while guys like Porter were Seniors. Just like in the CHL where a 20 year old is expected to score a lot more than a 17 year old, it doesn't make him the better prospect.

The fact was that MaxPac still put up a ton of pts, even if they weren't goals at Michigan, 15 goals and 39 pts in 37 games is excellent production for a freshman and showed the offensive potential he had. He just needed to be comfortable and confident playing pro hockey.

I agree that sending him to Hamilton last year was the best thing the organization did for his development. They learned a lot from the Latendresse situation, and it shows in the handling of Subban and Max Pac, and now are using those lessons with Leblanc and Gallagher as the next guys they want to develop.

I thought Max looked somewhat disinterested last night. I see an apparent chemistry between DD and Cole more so than with Patches in the past 2-3 games. I know the line is clicking but perhaps it is time to try something new?

I hope Martin unites Gomez and Gionta because Gomez had another strong game. I would throw Patches on that line and place Eller up with DD and Cole.

Hate to use Moen on the 1st but since Pleks is used in a defensive role perhaps a line of Cammalleri-Pleks-Moen wouldn't be so bad.