Rangers vs Habs, Nov. 19, 7 PM EST

dlbalr

Cole is the rock that helps Pacioretty being a lone power forward skater.

They communicate this is the key, look at them, they always talk to each other.

Desharnais does a fairly good job between them. Good enough not combo Plek with

small wingers and still add points on the score sheet.

Bu the way Diaz is really impressive in these kind of games.

Remember when signing Cole was a mistake and he was a bust without Eric Staal?

Or when JM kept throwing Cole's career PP stats in the face of reporters and was playing Darche over Cole -_-

Well there's no denying he struggled early in the season. But few were considering that he was adjusting to a new city, new coach, new system, new linemates [several]. The power play snub was a bit unusual, since most coaches tend to give a struggling veteran forward some time on the PP to help get back on track. Regardless, he's playing very well lately, meeting my expectations.

I just really like the dimension he adds to the team. Between him and Patches its added something to our forwards thats been lacking for 15 years. A couple of skilled power forwards.

This could easily be 3-0 nothing game. I would give Montreal at least 6 high quality scoring chances that period. What a great period of hockey. So much high speed execution!

Cole is the rock that helps Pacioretty being a lone power forward skater.

They communicate this is the key, look at them, they always talk to each other.

Desharnais does a fairly good job between them. Good enough not combo Plek with

small wingers and still add points on the score sheet.

Bu the way Diaz is really impressive in these kind of games.

Agree. Diaz looks great tonight.

The Rags have two really good lines in Gaborik and Richards being split at even strength. This has really helped them give teams problems during their winning streak.

With our young D i didn't know how we'd deal with that.

Seems JM has found something... He's playing Pleks line with a couple of young D against the Gaborik line... our best defensive forward being used to insulate Emelin - Diaz... and using Gorges - Subban against Richards.

Man they GOT to get Pleks off the point. EVERYONE knows that 90% of the time Pleks is NOT going to shoot.

Wow, that play setting up Cammy was vintage Gomez - the good Gomez. THAT'S what we need so much more of. If he could just find that touch again, what a difference it'd make to this team...

Shots are 20-7 with 5 minutes left in the 2nd.

Poor Emelin. I wonder if he is assigned to Gaborik or if Torts is winning the match up game there?

He's been against Gaborik a lot as I noted earlier (usually with help from Pleks)... while Subban Gorges have faced Richards.

That last shift (the penalty to Gorges) was one of very few that saw Pleks, Subban, Gorges all on the ice.

Gomez's game is continuing to come around. He could very well have two or three more points tonight. He's using his legs well, is passing quite well, and is as completely unpredictable as ever. What I really like is that he's moving the puck extremely quickly - playing on instinct rather than thinking. That's where Gomez's game lies.

Gomez's game is continuing to come around. He could very well have two or three more points tonight. He's using his legs well, is passing quite well, and is as completely unpredictable as ever. What I really like is that he's moving the puck extremely quickly - playing on instinct rather than thinking. That's where Gomez's game lies.

Gomez looks great. The thing is, before his injury, he looked inspired and better than last year. He just isn't getting the points.