Rangers vs Habs, Nov. 19, 7 PM EST

dlbalr

Absolutely, I never claimed that Gomez was worth his salary - just that, up until last season, he was a good, exciting playmaker. If he gets back to simply being Scott Gomez that is HUGE for this team. I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up about it, but it's really an exciting possibility.

Ironically, the ridiculous injuries may actually be helping the team in one specific sense: the players are desperate and buying into the team system 100%. Crucially, the team is being rewarded: shown that this is how we can win even against long odds. If this adversity helps the team to coalesce into that NJ Devils-style total team play, it'll yield only benefits in the longer run.

Gomez was huge in the Pittsburgh series 2 years ago. The game plan was give the puck to Gomez and let him skate it out of the zone. It was nearly every time he was on the ice. When he uses that speed he is very good. I really hope he can pick it up.

Absolutely, I never claimed that Gomez was worth his salary - just that, up until last season, he was a good, exciting playmaker. If he gets back to simply being Scott Gomez that is HUGE for this team. I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up about it, but it's really an exciting possibility.

Ironically, the ridiculous injuries may actually be helping the team in one specific sense: the players are desperate and buying into the team system 100%. Crucially, the team is being rewarded: shown that this is how we can win even against long odds. If this adversity helps the team to coalesce into that NJ Devils-style total team play, which has been JM's vision all along, it'll yield only benefits in the longer run.

I wish I'd said all that!

Aw yeah I picked the right gameto watch my first full gamne of the season!

It's not even 9 and the game is already over tough, that's really weird!

Ironically, the ridiculous injuries may actually be helping the team in one specific sense: the players are desperate and buying into the team system 100%. Crucially, the team is being rewarded: shown that this is how we can win even against long odds. If this adversity helps the team to coalesce into that NJ Devils-style total team play, which has been JM's vision all along, it'll yield only benefits in the longer run.

100% agreed. He merely has to be a legit 2nd line centre and we become very dangerous.... He doesn't have to earn his 7 million.

Totally agreed on getting the team to buy into the system too. I hope the forwards see how valuable their support is to the defence if we can hold the Rangers under 20 shots with 5 inexperienced Dmen.

Hmm, any chance that Price will get some consideration for the NHL Player Of The Week ? In 3 games this week, he's 2-0-1, with 2 shutouts, .973 save percentage, and a 0.65 GAA.

Hmm, any chance that Price will get some consideration for the NHL Player Of The Week ? In 3 games this week, he's 2-0-1, with 2 shutouts, .973 save percentage, and a 0.65 GAA.

I think that is a serious possibility haha

Gomez was huge in the Pittsburgh series 2 years ago. The game plan was give the puck to Gomez and let him skate it out of the zone. It was nearly every time he was on the ice. When he uses that speed he is very good. I really hope he can pick it up.

What a game by Gomez! IMO he was the 1st star tonight.

• Upvote 1

So pissed at Michel Bergeron on l'Antichambre who at one point yesterday said "We all agree that they're gonna have to send Emelin down and make a roster spot for St-Denis."

Bullshit. Piss off with this Québécois thing. He's praising a barely 8th dman on any NHL roster who is staking one thing only : minor penalties.

Despite playing injured, despite playing out of position on the PP, despite key injuries to teammates...

Plekanec is currently a PPG player.

/beast mode

+1

Simply awesome. Turtleneck and all...

Can anyone say ultimate joueur polyvalent??

I like the way St Denis is playing, but he doesn't have near the talent of Emelin.

Emelin-Diaz was playing against Gaborik last night; St. Denis - Weber was getting the softest matchup JM/Ladoucer could find for them. It says what the coaching staff thinks of the guy. I don't think they agree with Bergeron.

I think we can all agree that Michel Bergeron is past his prime and flip flops on everything he says. One week he says one thing and the other week he says the complete opposite. If you want a good analysis, read and listen to François Gagnon.

So, i was at the game last night, and what a game it was!! The Rangers were a complete no-show for the first 20 minutes of the game. Our boys played well, and took advantage of the chances that were offered to them. I thought Emelin played a solid game, nothing fancy, but it was much better than his game in Uniondale.

Once again, MaxPac and Cole were beasts out there. I love the fact that we have two bonafide power-forwards who can skate like the wind. I LOVE IT!

Even our good friend Gomer Pile played a good game. It's unfortunate that he couldn't score on that breakaway, at least it would've gone a long way to silence the boo-birds who are starting to make themselves heard more and more each week.

This was such an easy game for Carey, that i'm not even sure he deserved the 3rd star of the game...then again, he did get a shutout!

IN the end, I tried to pay close attention to all our players out there (in between swigs from my 10.40$ beers) ;) and I thought everyone on our team played really well last night. Let's hope we can get the same kind of effort Monday night against the damn Pooh-Bears.

this was probably the best 60 minutes the team played this year.

The fans felt that way too.

I can tell you taht everyone in the building was standing up with 1 minute to go in the game. It got pretty loud at the end! It was a Good feeling!

...actually I can't say that.

4 vowels in a row? Is that even human? :P

as human as why, for some obscur reason, "Younge Street" in Toronto is pronounced "Young Street"...

I think we can all agree that Michel Bergeron is past his prime and flip flops on everything he says. One week he says one thing and the other week he says the complete opposite. If you want a good analysis, read and listen to François Gagnon.

:lol:

I like pretty much everyone on Cyberpresse. Cantin, Brunet, Godin and Gagnon. They're all good.

What about McDonaugh guys? I haven't seen much of him. Not sure that he would make much of a difference on our defensive corp.

He played badly last night, but the kid is an excellent prospect and has been very good for the Rangers overall.

He's not as good as Subban, but he'd be ahead of Emelin, Diaz, and Weber, and would easily take the spot of second best young dman if he was still a hab today.

He played badly last night, but the kid is an excellent prospect and has been very good for the Rangers overall.

He's not as good as Subban, but he'd be ahead of Emelin, Diaz, and Weber, and would easily take the spot of second best young dman if he was still a hab today.

Well, it is possible, but we haven't seen that yesterday.

Well, it is possible, but we haven't seen that yesterday.

One game.... If you've watched any of the other Rangers games, its obvious how good he is.

There is a reason why he's #2 on the Rangers in ice time behind only Dan Girardi. He's averaging over 25 minutes per game on a very good hockey team.

First pairing minutes against the other teams top lines (while Marc Staal is injured, granted).

Not only that but the kid has 7 pts and is a +9 in the process.... the kid has talent.

McDonagh, Pacioretty, Subban, Weber..... plus now traded for Eller and Palushaj.

Trevor Timmins did great work in the 2007 draft.

The Stall brother is probably ahead of him, but he is injured. Still, i believe that we have a nice bunch of youngsters and won't miss him at all. Next training camp, guys like Nathan Beaulieu and Jarred Tinordi will be closer to the NHL. Both of them, IMO, will be better than him.