Canadiens @ Hurricanes - Nov. 23/11

bar

I'd argue that Cole won the game and Carolina shouldn't have even had a point.

Fair enough.

But even if Cole won the game in the third still 2 pts after a shitty effort in the first 2 periods. I still would have called them stolen points.

Nice to be on the right end of that play 25/65 minutes and get the 2 points equation for once though.

I thought Darche looked good tonight. This was the first game in a while where I've seen him really dig and grind. Eller was great. He really turned it on when Gomer got hurt too.

Eller was great...but why'd he get so little ice time 12:54..a little over 6-mins after two periods? Also, he got 0:00 of ice time in overtime.

I just don't understand this coach.

Lol. Nice observation. Give us da win or ya sleep wit da fishes.

HAHAHAHAHA omg

Eller was great...but why'd he get so little ice time 12:54..a little over 6-mins after two periods? Also, he got 0:00 of ice time in overtime.

I just don't understand this coach.

Neither do I. So frustrating. Eller had a great game, and not a whiff in OT. WTF? And this Pleks at the point thing, I hate that. Has to stop.

Came home from work in time for the third, so I only saw the Habs when they looked good. Was terrified of Price in the shootout, happy he finally won one. Give him confidence to stop the shooters next time, without relying on goalposts (although those are nice too, not complaining). I thought Weber and Emelin made a couple of nice moves and were sharp defensively from what I saw.

Moen... my dad calls him Rocket Moen, as in Richard. Glad he's producing, because otherwise I really think he's that awesome.

Incidentally was at the game against the Bruins... where the most exciting thing that happened was the crazy brawl in the stands. And Emelin and Cole hits. The rest was a bit of a snooze, like the teams feeling each other out and then the game never actually started.

Stopped watching this game with six minutes to go in the second...the boys really looked shameful, especially on that bungled 4 min pp. Some thoughts- Pacioretty can't buy a goal right now-Apparently, since Gomez had a multiple point game, he deserves to play in all situations?? Look out Pleki-Through two periods Yannick Weber looked 4th line, or even Hamilton bound-Emelin and Diaz are holding down the fort as a decent second pairing-Emelin seems to be showing some offensive flair, I really hope he stays on and plays at least 60 games this year, he has a definite upside as a top 4 guy.

Edited by Lovett's Magnatones

Am I the only one that though Emelin really looked lost out there at times?

Only once lost

and once missed a big hit which led to some what of an odd man rush

But overall he was great last night probably the Habs 2nd best d man. (last night)

No, its a continued problem... His positioning is getting better, but there are still moments where he is way out of position.

Its happening a lot less than it was earlier in the year though. Continued improvement is good.

So Gomer gets injured and Eller still can't increase his ice time? Firing Pearn did turn things around, but I still think Martin's schtick is up. I mean, come on.

HAHAHAHAHA omg Neither do I. So frustrating. Eller had a great game, and not a whiff in OT. WTF? And this Pleks at the point thing, I hate that. Has to stop.

Maybe he had a minor injury of some sort,

We shouldn't always asssume that its the coach being stupid. I also thoght Eller was very impressive.

Maybe he had a minor injury of some sort,

We shouldn't always asssume that its the coach being stupid. I also thoght Eller was very impressive.

Except that it's happened all year. Hercule Poirot needs to solve his Mystery of Why I Hate Eller.

No, its a continued problem... His positioning is getting better, but there are still moments where he is way out of position.

Its happening a lot less than it was earlier in the year though. Continued improvement is good.

Yemelin is a rookie and i agree he is improving and getting more up to speed every game, the one who looks totally lost is #76, he was set up over and over and refused to shoot on numerous occasions and ended up turning the puck over, is he recieving zero coaching? Even on the simple dump ins, he seems to think he needs to have a big windup and showboat, if he kept it simple and used an acurate low wrist shot, he would likely have more than 1 goal.

Great to see Moan doing well.

I also cant fathom why Eller sees no PP or OT time? Is he not the fastest guy on the team who backchecks and is deserving of more icetime?

Gorges is back and doing what he does best.

I dont think anyone can say Cole is not fitting in perfectly, Pacioretty, Eller and Kostitsyn should take note of how to take the puck to the net hard.

Entertaining and fun game to watch.

I love how we complain about Subban who is playing 25+ minutes a game against the other teams best line, and has become a plus player after starting off the season -6.

The kid is playing great right now.

You'll never catch me complaining about PK, love the kid!

He brings so much to the table and has so much potential!

• Upvote 1

So Gomer gets injured and Eller still can't increase his ice time? Firing Pearn did turn things around, but I still think Martin's schtick is up. I mean, come on.

How can you justify firing the coach right now?

He's matched or exceeded expectations for two seasons and two post-seasons, plus the team has been on a bit of roll since Pearn was fired. The main criticism against him in his first two seasons was that he didn't know how to develop young players and yet the young players he's worked with have mostly developed as well as anybody could have hoped. Price is one of the top goalies in the league, Subban is becoming a legitimate top pairing d-man, Pacioretty is one of our best forwards, role players like White and Palushaj have done well, and Desharnais and Eller have improved a lot since they first joined the team. We don't have to go throw the same cycle of blaming the coach every time a young player struggles or doesn't get a promotion. Eller will get his chance with time, just like Subban and Pacioretty did.

• Upvote 1

HAHAHAHAHA omg

Neither do I. So frustrating. Eller had a great game, and not a whiff in OT. WTF? And this Pleks at the point thing, I hate that. Has to stop.

Yes, so many things that this coaching staff does makes me scratch my head. I just don't get it. The Plek experiment has been failing all season.

There are two teams that have let in four short-handed goals against in the league (The Devils and Habs) and BOTH use a forward on the point on the PP (Plek and Elias).

Conicidence?

Anyone who doesn't see him lost out there at times is certainly not watching the game. Emelin will be a good player and certainly a top 4 on this team but he struggles with the angles of this game. It's justifiable for sure having played 20 years on a specific ice surface.

His back is often turned to the play, he often goes for the wrong guy in front of the net, wanders to the wrong side of the ice.....none the less he has to play ahead of one of Diaz/Weber because of that added element no-one else on the team has.