Pittsburgh vs Montreal, Nov. 26, 7 PM EST

dlbalr

I don't think there will be a suspension. First, it wasn't blind.. Letang saw him coming and elected to drop his head to shoot. Second, Pacs made full body contact. Yes, he caught his head a bit, but it was not the principle point of contact.

Now the ref, he should be suspended.

That was my take on the hit too from the angle I saw.

Well, that was a tough way to end it, that's for sure. Still, there were some positives out there, especially the Cole line getting going again...and the PK streak continuing of course. 43 and counting now.

Rough night for that official, puck directs off him to give Kunitz the breakaway for his second non-goal, then may or may not have botched the call on saying no-goal. (I haven't seen a conclusive replay either way as to whether that puck on its way in regardless of the contact.)

It didn't look to me like that puck was going in before Price was hit. I don't think it should matter. It was not incidental contact on Price. The league has to stop letting players drive goalies into the net. He stuck his foot out to deliberately hit him.

• Upvote 1

How long does Price have to hold the puck for it to be whistled down? What a load. Well done, yet another bad call against the Habs.

You didn't get away with jamming the goalie in the old days. Poor call by referees. However we sat on lead for at least a period, the result is predictable.

No question, the refs awarded this game to the Penguins through that bizarre refusal to blow the whistle. Just a total blown play by the ref.

It happens. At least we got the point.

Price made his discontent pretty clear: throwing his stick in the ref's direction, then raising his arms in disgust at the ref as he marched off the ice. I wonder if he'll be fined?

Price was really making a statement this game, I thought. A shame it had to end like that.

EDIT: looking at that hit again on You Tube, Patches deserves to get suspended.It's shoulder to chin all the way. Whether Patches 'intended' it or not, whether or not he is a 'dirty' player, all of that is BS. Do the crime, do the time.

If that ref [please someone identify which of the two idiots was the one] gets a playoff assignment [ie. the usual reward for good/competent officials], then the NHL is truly run by 3 blind mice.

Incidentally, I don't think the Penguins like us much. If a team, like a man, is judged by its enemies (Boston, Pittsburgh) we're doing OK ;)

I think a lot of these elite teams feel they 'should' be stomping us. When they regularly fail to do that, it seems to gall them. Poor babies.

A lot of people have focused lately on Gomez, but what about Plekanec and Cammalleri? Don't they deserve some criticism after their lackluster play in the last two games. Let's face it, the way he has been playing lately, Plekanec is not any better than Gomez. On the power play, he is absolutely horrible. I don't know what is going on with him, and Cammalleri. Terrible!

No question, the refs awarded this game to the Penguins through that bizarre refusal to blow the whistle. Just a total blown play by the ref.

It happens. At least we got the point.

Price made his discontent pretty clear: throwing his stick in the ref's direction, then raising his arms in disgust at the ref as he marched off the ice. I wonder if he'll be fined?

Price was really making a statement this game, I thought. A shame it had to end like that.

EDIT: looking at that hit again on You Tube, Patches deserves to get suspended.It's shoulder to chin all the way. Whether Patches 'intended' it or not, whether or not he is a 'dirty' player, all of that is BS. Do the crime, do the time.

He might be suspended, but I clearly have the impression that he tried to avoid the contact at the last moment. If you look closely, he moves his elbow to get it out the way. That's the way I see it anyway.

Some thoughts.

- The end of am call was the biggest horseshit I've seen all season. How is that not frozen.

- Patches will be suspended; 2 or 3 games IMO.

- Weber made an unforgiveable mistake in positioning on the tying goal. Just brutal to be on the wrong side of the ice and thats why Staal got that break.

- I know they didn't score, but I liked the PP tonight. They looked much, much better and generated more chances than they have in any of the last three games. Putting Cole and Patches on different units was good, so they both can stand in front and generate traffic.

- The OT goal was complete horseshit.

- Love the Moen - Eller - AK line. Liked DD's line too. Cammy-Plek-Gio doesn't work though.

- Diaz sucks too.

- The OT goal was horseshit.

• Upvote 1

I've now calmed down, and can say we're ok getting the 1 point. How was there no call on the Pacioretty hit? Pens had two goals taken away. Also, who the **** doesn't play as hard as possible until the whistle? Sorry, but that was a messed up play all around.

I can't find it in me to criticize Plekanec. He's been heart and soul all season, game in and game out, for three years now. He's entitled to a dog of a game every once in a blue moon. Cammy is another story though. I like Cammy a lot, but the way he played tonight was totally unacceptable IMHO. A piece of crap. Maybe he's playing hurt. But something ain't right.

As for whether Patches 'tried' to get out of the way, I don't think you can let these fine judgements start creeping in if you want to get headshots out of the game. I'm not making excuses for the kid any more than I made excuses for Chara.

Habsy, both Penguins goals were rightly disallowed. One was batted in by hand, the other by knocking the goalie over after he'd made the save. All that proves is that the Pens had two scoring chances which they failed to convert.

He is either injured, or he is upset about something. Considering that he seemed decidedly unhappy last year too, I'm starting to wonder whether something's going on. Sheer speculation of course. But the guy who came here in 2010 seemed so much more energized and ebullient.

Awful as his defensive game is, he might be worth demoting for a bit. I see him as the real weak sister on that line right now.