New Practice Lines and what they likely mean

Commandant

As much as Renaud Lavoie's openly campaigning for Leblanc's callup, I don't see it happening nor should it. If Markov can go, they can play Weber on the wing and, wait for it, move Darche into the top-9.

*ahem*

• Upvote 1

Priceless. Couldn't agree more. The mere prospect of Markov back out there in a Habs uniform is enough to make me weepy.

And I cannot adequately describe how excited I am to see him play with Emelin. Imagine!!

Markov and the russian Komisarek...minus the being a wussy in fights and only face washing?

If the Habs are in the hunt at the deadline and Gomez still sucks, I could see moves being made for a 2 b centre. I just think that Gomer hasn't looked too bad and his injuries have stopped him from getting on a role. I am not a Gomez supporter or justifier, I just consider the cost of a deadline aquisition for someone who may not perform at all here, and Inthink it would be too high.

If the Habs are in the hunt at the deadline and Gomez still sucks, I could see moves being made for a 2 b centre. I just think that Gomer hasn't looked too bad and his injuries have stopped him from getting on a role. I am not a Gomez supporter or justifier, I just consider the cost of a deadline aquisition for someone who may not perform at all here, and Inthink it would be too high.

IF the Habs are in a playoff position at the trade deadline...

and IF they are in that position in spite of Gomez instead of because of him...

and IF they find a deal for another centreman that doesn't hurt the prospect pool too badly...

then Gomez will be sent down to Hamilton.

Unless all three of those criteria are met, then Gomez would have to be involved in any trade this team makes, and that is limiting to say the least. The cap space to add anyone has pretty much evaporated.

*ahem*

I can be wrong every now and then too. My point still stands; it's a move that was not needed, especially when he could be playing 22-24 minutes a game in Hamilton (and with the depth that's there, the top forwards will be playing at least that for the foreseeable future). This will make some fans giddy to see the top prospect in play but considering the lack of ice time callups see, the expectations better be kept in check.

Forward lines changed post Suspension to Patches

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Gionta;

Cammalleri - Desharnais - Cole;

Moen - Eller - Palushaj;

Darche - Noko - Weber;

So Leblanc isn't playing?

Leblanc didn't make it to Anaheim in time for practice; so those lines could still change.

However, I bet the Habs will want to leave Weber and go with 7D if Markov can play.

Hey the kid gets like 30K and a trip to california in a worst case scenario.

Leblanc didn't make it to Anaheim in time for practice; so those lines could still change.

However, I bet the Habs will want to leave Weber and go with 7D if Markov can play.

Hey the kid gets like 30K and a trip to california in a worst case scenario.

Maybe they sit Darche?

Naw, he actually didn't play that badly last game...

Send Palushaj down? Man it will be great when both Palushaj and Leblanc aren't on the Habs.

Bah-ha-ha-ha-ha!

That's St. Darche to you, peasant! Sit The Chosen One indeed. Blasphemy!

More PP time! I demand it!

I think you're being facetious... but just in case:

Darche's icetime and powerplay time has been cut drastically, lately. In the last 5 games, he's had 1:09 of powerplay time. 1:08 was from Cole not being ready to go on the 1st wave, and the other 0:01 was from a change at the end of the PP.

The powerplay may have it's problems, but right now Darche isn't one of them.

Darche's icetime and powerplay time has been cut drastically, lately. In the last 5 games, he's had 1:09 of powerplay time. 1:08 was from Cole not being ready to go on the 1st wave, and the other 0:01 was from a change at the end of the PP.

Silver-tongued serpent! Thou unholy terror! Fie! You rotting heap of parrot droppings! I fart in your general direction.

He still gets more time then AK46

According to Francois Gagnon, he said the lines were:

Cammalleri-Pleks-Gionta

AK46-DD-Cole

Moen-Eller-Darche

Leblanc-Nokelainen-Palushaj

But there was a chance Weber became the 4th line winger and Leblanc out of the line-up ???

I wonder why they would play him at wing? Soemone can correct me if i'm wrong but he is a center i believe. Let him play center on the line and let Nokekinen take the faceoffs.

It doesn't make sense to me to call up a good prospect and play him somewhere he isn't comfortable.

I wonder why they would play him at wing? Soemone can correct me if i'm wrong but he is a center i believe. Let him play center on the line and let Nokekinen take the faceoffs.

It doesn't make sense to me to call up a good prospect and play him somewhere he isn't comfortable.

Leblanc played centre in junior, but wing at the World Jrs., I think he's played a bit of both in the AHL. At this point, he's better suited for the lesser responsibility of playing wing in the NHL.

I believe the club has been working on making him a winger.

Speaking of centre, anyone notice how Eller and DD have both improved drastically in the face-off department recently? That augers well for the future.,

Alot of players play center but then find their niche in the NHL at a different position. Arguably our 2nd best player was drafted as a center but then was moved to defense in Andrei Markov.

With Les Junior de Montreal he played center but as others pointed out with team Canada he was a winger and with the Bulldogs he has primarily played the wing as well. Most experts even when drafted mentioned that he would probably be moved to the wing so it's really no surprise.

He still gets more time then AK46

AK46 has been injured, so the only thing I can say about that is that Darche's powerplay time went down even with Kostitsyn out of the lineup.

I doubt Darche is given many PP chances for the rest of the season. The faith in him has run out.

AK46 has been injured, so the only thing I can say about that is that Darche's powerplay time went down even with Kostitsyn out of the lineup.

I doubt Darche is given many PP chances for the rest of the season. The faith in him has run out.

May a rabid duck make its way into your Corn Flakes. Blasphemer!