Habs callup Leblanc, demote him Jan. 4 recall Feb 2nd

Commandant

That's a tough call. I am good either way. He certianly hasn't hurt his chances. I think ice time seems to be getting spread out more which would be a plus. I think we are all thinking that there may be some roster movement. My gut feeling is his presence has more to do with what happens around him. He certianly can benefit from another stint in the AHL.

Once (if!) we get healthy, there's no place for Louis on the team. I'd rather him play some big minutes in Hamilton than 4-5 4th line minutes in Montreal.

So far, so good with Leblanc. Larry Carrière said yesterday that the team has no plan to send him back to Hamilton. He is helping the team, and plays better than some older players. He is learning a lot in Montreal. We will see what happen if we get an healthy team, but I would say that his stay in Montreal is far from over.

Leblanc is a no-brainer to stay up, and good on him. It's nice to see a young guy learning the ropes and doing well, ahead of schedule. Eventually, of course, he'll struggle, and then the real challenge will materialize. But for now, it's a small bright spot on a nightmare of a season.

Do you guys think that Louis Leblanc should finish the season in Montreal ?

I still think he needs the AHL time at 20+ minutes a night.

Once Gionta is healthy, it will be real hard for Louis to get quality minutes, but for now keep him up.

Leblanc has looked pretty good for an initial call up and he appears to be ahead of schedule in his development. Add a few more pounds of muscle and another half year of experience in the AHL and he may be a regular on this team as of next season.

Leblanc has been sent back down....

It was the right move. He cannot be playing 4th line minutes so the question is where he lies on the depth chart.

Plekanec, Cammalleri, Cole, pacioretty, Kostitsyn, Eller, Moen, Desharnais, Gionta are likely our top 9 right now. So let him work on protecting the puck, let's get his conditioning up to where it should be and let him work out in a gym for a year and Leblanc is going to be a staple for this team as early as 2012-13 season.

I guess that if Cunneyworth is not going to give him quality minutes, it's better for him to have plenty of ice time in Hamilton. If he remains healthy and gets a little bit stronger, he will make the roster next year. A very good prospect IMO.

I really loved Leblanc

I want him to have a harder shot but he plays the game I anticipate in young players and I hope he continues to pack on some muscle and play a semi physical game.

• 4 weeks later...

per tons of twitter sources.

Finally. now leave him on a line with Eller or Pleks. Don't waste him on the 4th line. Blunden needs to be on the 4th. Darsche-Enquist-Weber is as bad and useless a line as you'll ever see in NHL. 2 AHLers and a Dman. Moen-White Blunden 4th line works good .

There are two small problems with a Moen - White - Blunden line.

1) Two thirds of that line isn't healthy today, or we never would have called up Engqvist to begin with.

2) White doesn't have the speed to play Centre in the NHL.

White also has struggled on the draw in lower levels (much like Leblanc) which may also have precipitated a move to the wing. I wouldn't count on Leblanc being up for long either with White close to returning (perhaps this weekend) while Nokelainen is also DTD. It may be a one and done callup for him (maybe he lasts the weekend too depending on the DTD guys).

Finally. now leave him on a line with Eller or Pleks. Don't waste him on the 4th line. Blunden needs to be on the 4th. Darsche-Enquist-Weber is as bad and useless a line as you'll ever see in NHL. 2 AHLers and a Dman. Moen-White Blunden 4th line works good .

Also its Darche :)