Canadiens @ Ducks - Movember 30th, 2011

bar

Everyone is depressed and I can understand that but it's not like we're getting blown out...yeah...I'm just trying to look on the bright side...but it's getting hard haha.

Just saying..I told you I was bad luck when I made the GDT...I blame ALL of you that do not step up and make the GDT for all the troubles we've had this year!! :ph34r:

I made one and we lost against Florida. Then Commandant went on a role and we started winning. Anyways...

This year, with all the talk about the defense, I think the problem has been offense. The players are getting older, and when the revamp happened the 2 years ago, maybe that's the biggest push that we'll see with the core group of players. They're good people, yet I don't know if I'm liking Gio, Gomez and Gill on the habs. Same with JM.

We traded away the home grown players... :(

Koivu!!! :cry_smile:

(I'm just being over dramatic 'cause that's my style :rofl: )

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also just looking at the standings here and we're tied for 6th last in the NHL for most wins with two other teams.

This team is on the fence at the moment, and if Markov is supposed to solve all the problems, well, it's a team game we all know. 1-0 with 3 PPs and no energy. That's where you can win a game.

The 3rd period will tell the rest of the tale for tonight.

If I have to watch much more of this junk, I will join Habs29. Blow the whole thing up and trade and dumP the whole team but Price and Plek. Tank 3 seasons and try again. Better than this junk year after year.

Yeah, or at least Eller and 4D, someone needs to take the faceoff.

OR clone Darche 4 times. :rofl: Nothing against the guy, it's just this teams management has been blowing my mind.

I agree with whoever said Darche is out there to send a message to the rest of the pp units.

I remember about a month ago Tony on team990 said that because of the style of play for the last two years, we're seeing the issues now. It's like, playing behind for 164 games and now they're out of gas. With the best coming the 1st season and lots of that was Halak so...

I hope to see some changes. Hard with the salaries though.

If I have to watch much more of this junk, I will join Habs29. Blow the whole thing up and trade and dumP the whole team but Price and Plek. Tank 3 seasons and try again. Better than this junk year after year.

Keep Cole too, he's been playing his heart out this year, and AK has come under too much scrutiny with JM. Keep Subban, Patches, Eller.... yet it was those trades and signings 2 years ago that didn't pan out that we're seeing now. Gomez, Gionta, Cammy and Gill. With the rentals... How much cash is that? Almost 20mil?

Remember when Carbo put out a unit of pluggers to send a message?

Well he was fired.

His team quit on him. I haven't seen this team quit.

When a team quits, it leaves no doubt... go back to the Calgary and Edmonton games just before Carbos firing where the Habs got blown out of the building.

Or watch Washington/Toronto; or Washington/Buffalo the past couple weeks.

I don't think Jacques has lost the room in the same way that Carbo did.

Another game that came down to PP... make it 2-0 instead of 1-1 on on of those PPs in the first period and its a different game.

Tie the game in the 2nd on one of those PPs and its a different game.

Score a PP n the third and you have a chance.

0 for 7 is just not acceptable.

Once again, they need Markov.

When a team quits, it leaves no doubt... go back to the Calgary and Edmonton games just before Carbos firing where the Habs got blown out of the building.

They brought nothing against the coldest team in the league.

Well... now the former coldest team.

I made one and we lost against Florida. Then Commandant went on a role and we started winning. Anyways... This year, with all the talk about the defense, I think the problem has been offense. The players are getting older, and when the revamp happened the 2 years ago, maybe that's the biggest push that we'll see with the core group of players. They're good people, yet I don't know if I'm liking Gio, Gomez and Gill on the habs. Same with JM. We traded away the home grown players... :( Koivu!!! :cry_smile: (I'm just being over dramatic 'cause that's my style :rofl: )

HAHAHA!

The boys are fine and have played excellent hockey for some time. Very good stuff win or lose.

They'll be back. ... With Markov.

Hmmm, hard to say, they looked rather defeated out there tonight. And I bet there are a few players on the team that have given up on "the system" in the back of their minds. Didn't Ottawa and Florida go through the same things? I just don't understand the defense of JM and never will. And the idea that JM helped build players like Spezza and Bowmeister I don't think is right. Whenever you try to take a circle of potential and talent and shape it to fitting in sharped edge triangle, you loose the smoothness, stifle the creativity and the players ability to get in the zone.

That's what happens to some kids in our society. We drive the creativity, love and spirit out of them via school systems. Anyways, I hope there is a team990 post game tonight, I want to hear some discussions and angry fans.

HAHAHA!

The boys are fine and have played excellent hockey for some time. Very good stuff win or lose.

They'll be back. ... With Markov.

Hehe, yes at times they've played well.

I'm just not as optimistic, and I think the team does have issues.

Time will tell.