Canadiens vs Sharks: Dec 1st (A very sarcastic GDT)

Trizzak

Martin should have been fired long before Carlyle. No excuse for a PP being this bad - Clearly Pearn wasn't the only reason special teams sucked this bad. They fixed the PK, but obviously the defensively minded Martin is clueless on how to fix the PP. FUnny that the ducks win after a no show in the first and they fire their coach after beating up the habs for the next two periods. I guess that means that the way things work in Montreal, Martin will get a 3 year extension after this pathetic game.

Again, missing Markov is no friggin excuse for the PP being this bad. If Martin can't fix the PP without Markov, he has no business coaching at this level, so I don't buy into the arguement he deserves to at least have Markov in the lineup before being fired.

If PG doesn't take action he needs his friggin ass fired as well. BTW, how does the great rebuild look now???? Koivu would look SOOOOOOO much better in the lineup in the #11 then that friggin turd Gomez does :wall::cry_smile::Bulldogs::1vomit:

Also make no mistake about it, the gomez trade was clearly a PG approved move - he was after all in charge of scouring NHL level players.

This team has suddenly got a very old and expensive core a dinasour of a coach and a GM to slow to react.

• Upvote 1

Martin should have been fired long before Carlyle. No excuse for a PP being this bad - Clearly Pearn wasn't the only reason special teams sucked this bad. They fixed the PK, but obviously the defensively minded Martin is clueless on how to fix the PP. FUnny that the ducks win after a no show in the first and they fire their coach after beating up the habs for the next two periods. I guess that means that the way things work in Montreal, Martin will get a 3 year extension after this pathetic game.

Again, missing Markov is no friggin excuse for the PP being this bad. If Martin can't fix the PP without Markov, he has no business coaching at this level, so I don't buy into the arguement he deserves to at least have Markov in the lineup before being fired.

If PG doesn't take action he needs his friggin ass fired as well. BTW, how does the great rebuild look now???? Koivu would look SOOOOOOO much better in the lineup in the #11 then that friggin turd Gomez does :wall::cry_smile::Bulldogs::1vomit:

Also make no mistake about it, the gomez trade was clearly a PG approved move - he was after all in charge of scouring NHL level players.

This team has suddenly got a very old and expensive core a dinasour of a coach and a GM to slow to react.

Ummm. Did you mean to post this over at HIO?

Ummm. Did you mean to post this over at HIO?

never posted at HIO, but I'm sure at this point there are a lot of people with the same feelings.

Oh.. Boudreau already gone? Was almost hoping for him... What about Maurice? Would that make Cole happy?

Wouldn't want Maurice either. I think the Habs have to go non-french at this point, or try to convince Lemaire to be a caretaker for the rest of the year.

never posted at HIO, but I'm sure at this point there are a lot of people with the same feelings.

really? i bet not.

JM has a long leash and deserves it. The PP needs a QB. If not Markov, then someone else is required. It sucked last year too until the Wiz came on board. Lacking a PP QB is indeed an excuse. The sucky PP is also an easy target as it is really the only thing on the Habs this year that sucks.

I remain patiently optimistic about the season. Others may not be as hopeful as I, but I doubt that many of the posters here are feeling as reactionary as you are :)

I agree with HR29, this team is not fun to watch. E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T. That's what I want from my games...remember the firewagon hockey under Carbo (this is by no means indicating I want Carbo back, I thought he was a disaster), the team was exciting to watch. This team is not. Drastic moves need to be made, for years us fan have bemoaned the habs not taking risks in trades, well they did in Gomez and it failed, we move on, it shouldn't stop the team from taking more risks.

Maybe the habs need to suck for a couple of years to get out of this funk, all I know is I personally do not enjoy what JMs coaching style is, this is me as a fan, not as a analysis, I want a coach that can reward good play (no matter how many years in the league), this is a young players league, the best players are mostly under 28, the young guns have to feel free to play their game, make mistakes and not worry if they will be nailed to the bench. That attitude is archaic and old school. The habs can't seem to find that dynamic player through the draft, I thought we had it in Cammy, but he's turning into a bust (this season), maybe it's time to open the vaults and make a run at Parise, Ryan, Carter, someone.

I agree with HR29, this team is not fun to watch. E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T. That's what I want from my games...remember the firewagon hockey under Carbo (this is by no means indicating I want Carbo back, I thought he was a disaster), the team was exciting to watch. This team is not. Drastic moves need to be made, for years us fan have bemoaned the habs not taking risks in trades, well they did in Gomez and it failed, we move on, it shouldn't stop the team from taking more risks.

Maybe the habs need to suck for a couple of years to get out of this funk, all I know is I personally do not enjoy what JMs coaching style is, this is me as a fan, not as a analysis, I want a coach that can reward good play (no matter how many years in the league), this is a young players league, the best players are mostly under 28, the young guns have to feel free to play their game, make mistakes and not worry if they will be nailed to the bench. That attitude is archaic and old school. The habs can't seem to find that dynamic player through the draft, I thought we had it in Cammy, but he's turning into a bust (this season), maybe it's time to open the vaults and make a run at Parise, Ryan, Carter, someone.

Entertainment is all said and good but at the end of the day whats better entertained with a loss or bored with a win? When the team is winning the bell center is rocking no matter what the stye of play is on the ice.

Wouldn't want Maurice either. I think the Habs have to go non-french at this point, or try to convince Lemaire to be a caretaker for the rest of the year.

Maurice is from Sault Ste Marie and is NOT french.

I wouldn't want him either, but he's not a french coach.

Personally winning is entertaining...but would you rather lose a lustless 3-1 game or a 5-4 down to the wire game? With the style of game the habs play right now, I just don't feel like they have the guns to come back from more than a 1 goal lead, that never use to be the case, I am just depressed that the team has gotten so far down. I am a emotional guy, I like seeing emotions from other people...I remember when Subban would light up the ice with his personality, Price would do a pose, players would jump into the boards after a goal..now I see is 'all business', some may appreciate it...I don't.

Winning isn't everything, it's the most important, but when a team doesn't get passion from a coach, I can see how it would trickle down to the players. This is a no-knowledge thought, and it has been brought up before, that maybe Muller was that emotion the players needed, something JM seems incapable of doing, maybe he was more than just the PP guy, maybe he was the shock the players needed when they couldn't get things going.

Maurice is from Sault Ste Marie and is NOT french.

I wouldn't want him either, but he's not a french coach.

A name I heard come up on HIO that was interesting was Ted Nolan.

I am convinced that JM is holding on to this job because there is no one better out there who is French. Roy is a huge gamble that won't be taken until we are really out of it.

Koivu had to go, people need to get over it. Gomez might not have been the right guy to replace him (looked good the first year), but that is a different issue.

I think we have a mediocre team playing below potential, if that makes sense. I don't see Markov or a new coach turning us into Boston. Boston has a big, tough, nasty, skilled team. They have top flight goaltending (as do we). Cole was a step in this direction (as is Pacs), but there is much more for PG to do before we are a contender. Since we are stuck with some huge contracts for fading stars, this won't be easy to fix. I am on board with tanking, dumping some guys for picks, and trying to get another sure star coming up.

When we make that big trade, toss in DD. We need Pleks, and real top two center who is bigger, then Eller, then a plugger. DD has no place in a successful future.

Tonight will be interesting to see if the team rebounds after that embarrassment last night, or simply mails it in.

I am not sure why Montreal is the only play where the coach has to be french.

The biggest sport in the world where the most money is made has Swedish coaches in England, Portuguese coaches in Spain, Italian coaches across Europe. When all is said and done it is winning that counts.

Take the absolute best coach available not one that fits a prerequisite. It makes absolutely no sense.

• Upvote 1

I am not sure why Montreal is the only play where the coach has to be french.

The biggest sport in the world where the most money is made has Swedish coaches in England, Portuguese coaches in Spain, Italian coaches across Europe. When all is said and done it is winning that counts.

Take the absolute best coach available not one that fits a prerequisite. It makes absolutely no sense.

And if I owned the Habs, that would be true. Unfortunately, we all know they won't do that.

And if I owned the Habs, that would be true. Unfortunately, we all know they won't do that.

I agree it is optimal to have a franco coach but if the decision is down to two and one is a Stanley Cup Winning coach and the other is a good coach with no experience then it should not be a tough decision.......it's so frustrating as I am sure it is to you all.

I agree it is optimal to have a franco coach but if the decision is down to two and one is a Stanley Cup Winning coach and the other is a good coach with no experience then it should not be a tough decision.......it's so frustrating as I am sure it is to you all.

Its not us who are hiring a GM or Coach...

I remember when Gainey was in charge, he always said that special teams were vital to success in the NHL. Montreal is *finally* reasonable 5v5, but now our spec teams are nothing but Spayshul. Perhaps, if we stopped the 25-ish game FAILED Plex-at-the-point experiment and, say, tried a little faith in Subban, we might get different results. Who knows, maybe we can find another spot for Plex on the PP. Down low, perhaps? Wasn't he good at that once?

You just gotta love a coach who personified the definition of insanity - he keeps trying the same thing over and over expecting success but which Just. Doesn't. Work.

I get experimenting. You have to try things. But at what point do you take the blinders off to realize that your experiment is an utter failure? I can't remember the last time I've seen someone so stubbornly sticking to something that is useless.

I used to think this guy looked like Hercule Poirot, but damn if he can't solve this mystery to save his life.

Hey Coach Martin: SMARTEN THE FRACK UP!

Plex was moved back, but it will now take time to for that to pay off. Perhaps we will see better chemistry on the PP tonight, assuming JM doesn't change it around again. I am waiting for "we had a PP with Pleks down low, it didn't work, so he is back on the point".