Canadiens vs Sharks: Dec 1st (A very sarcastic GDT)

Trizzak

Your definitely in the minority i'm sure. But the one thing i have learned the past few years is just when you think they are completely out of, they have a great game against someone you don't expect them to beat.

However, those teams were better then this one. 5-1 Sharks. the traditional 1 goal scored when they lose.

I am calling it 4-2 Sharks.. we will have a 2 goal lead, sit on it, let in an empty netter...

Our PP will suck. After the game, JM will state that the PP needs to get better. Colin will have an aneurysm, the thread count will go nuts,and Commandant will tell us to stop panicking. Cucumber will try to be the calm voice of reason while practicing making a hangman's noose...

We may be two points out of 8th, yet Washington and NJ have two games in hand, while TB, Ottawa and Buffalo have one game in hand. NY is 5 points ahead of MTL with 4 games on hand. We're a few games behind of 8th actually.

Either way, they're very close to the point where they have to start winning 3 out 5 for the rest of the year.

Last year the 8th placed team had 33 losses, Montreal has 11.

It's a long season sure, yet it's almost 1/3 over already.

Anyways, looking forward to the game tonight.

So today's December 1st. That dreaded day of days. What's the stat? 90% of teams out on this date, don't climb their way back into a playoff spot? Well I guess it starts tonight. Anyone like our chances against the Sharks?

I am calling it 4-2 Sharks.. we will have a 2 goal lead, sit on it, let in an empty netter...

Our PP will suck. After the game, JM will state that the PP needs to get better. Colin will have an aneurysm, the thread count will go nuts,and Commandant will tell us to stop panicking. Cucumber will try to be the calm voice of reason while practicing making a hangman's noose...

LOL Apparently I need to put in more smiley faces, because I can see how one might think my pacemaker would be getting a serious workout.

I agree it is optimal to have a franco coach but if the decision is down to two and one is a Stanley Cup Winning coach and the other is a good coach with no experience then it should not be a tough decision.......it's so frustrating as I am sure it is to you all.

Should be "best man for the job". Unfortunately it isn't and won't be any time soon...

If that's how the buyout was actually calculated in this instance, I'd be all for it. However, it's not as that only applies when cap hit = salary. His actual cap hit cost, if bought out after this year, would be the following:

12-13: $3,523,810

13-14: $4,523,810

15-16: $1,666,667

16-17: $1,666,667

Those first two years are a real deterrent if you're trying to re-allocate his money towards adding other players.

Really? Are you sure about those numbers?

Total: $11,378,000

That's more money than we actually owe him?? How is that possible?

Not that I think that I would know more about this than you, but I thought I had heard that his buy out would be the way I explained it? IN any case, the odds are that you're right, which would mean buying out Gomez is not a very interesting proposal...

Cucumber will try to be the calm voice of reason while practicing making a hangman's noose...

That was priceless! Good one!

Really? Are you sure about those numbers?

Total: $11,378,000

That's more money than we actually owe him?? How is that possible?

Not that I think that I would know more about this than you, but I thought I had heard that his buy out would be the way I explained it? IN any case, the odds are that you're right, which would mean buying out Gomez is not a very interesting proposal...

The cap hit formula is complex and the NHL considers that in the early years of the contract you were saving "cap hits" by paying him 10 but only having a cap hit of 7.357. So you have to make that up either 1) by his later years being a cap hit higher than his dollars... or by his buyout being greater than the dollars.

SJ commentators love Subban's flamboyancy and think the league needs more from him. I agree. Stop stifling him. As long as he's playing a good game, let him be the show!

Incidentally, if you aren't watching, please don't bother. They've had almost all the possession, and we look worse than hideous.

LMAO I should critique more! Cammi with a goal totally against the run of play.

Ah, I feel better about the critique. They went to sleep again and were punished. Weber, watching some chick in the crowd totally loses his mark. Actually kind of amusing to watch him look so completely clueless.

Honestly, I can't remember a player looking so clueless. He looked like he was setting for a face-off in the mid slot. No movement, head not even looking around.