Fire Jacques Martin

C-Love

How does this man keep his job! ya ya we they are only one goal losses but they sure do add up!!!! with a new coach maybe we win those games but one. Lets bring in a coach that will reward our players for playing well and not get punished like lablanc for scoring. And judge a player for dumb plays not just if he is a rookie but make the vets accountable as well if you are sucking then pine you go. See Colins post on the gdt it was so dead on!!!! great read and post Colin

1 regulation loss in our last 7 games? Gotta make sure we update this thread and call for a firing again.

After every loss? really?

Do we really expect that we'll never lose games?

Overall since the 1-5-2 start, the team continues to climb the standings.... its slow and steady, but its happening.

1 regulation loss in our last 7 games? Gotta make sure we update this thread and call for a firing again.

Overall since the 1-5-2 start, the team continues to climb the standings.... its slow and steady, but its happening.

I know we are not the best team in the nhl but we continue to miss use our players and a loss is a loss how many times have we blown leads? how many times does he put out the same pp that is not working? this is the coach!!!!! a young who is playing well will sit in fav of a vet everytime why? why not make the players earn it why is cammy put on the pp when he is not scoring or p.k he can't hit the net. if they sit and watch other player play more then them maybe they will give a shit and try harder and play better.

I know we are not the best team in the nhl but we continue to miss use our players and a loss is a loss how many times have we blown leads? how many times does he put out the same pp that is not working? this is the coach!!!!! a young who is playing well will sit in fav of a vet everytime why? why not make the players earn it why is cammy put on the pp when he is not scoring or p.k he can't hit the net. if they sit and watch other player play more then them maybe they will give a shit and try harder and play better.

I am not a knee jerk reaction person we all have seen way to much of this. LL score by going to the net and he sits afterwards. cammy and pleks are not getting it done so why not reward LL or eller A.K with more ice time? I am not saying bench them just play the others that are getting it done more!!! make our best players play like our best players not just get by with what they have done in the past.

Give me a break.. JM is not the problem. He finally put Max Pac and Cole on a line. That shows he isn't completely ######ed.

YOU said it finally put them together!!! even a dead clock is right twice a day!

Yes, a loss is a loss.

But no team goes 82-0

This is the first regulation loss in 7 games... Came to a club that has won 7 in a row (and that streak is without Pronger) and is 1st place.

We also had some dubious reffing where 1 of our goals was disallowed and the two goals of the flyers that could have been called back based on the same goalie interference weren't.

Yes a loss is a loss... but this isn't the 1976 Habs, they are gonna lose gaes. The key is too keep winning more than we lose.

The sky isn't falling.

We don't need panic after every loss. Its a long season and you are gonna lose games.

However the Habs continue to put up points... we continue to climb the standings. After starting 1-5-2 we are 12-7-5 which is over a 100 pt pace for a full season.

Its a slow and steady climb back into contention, but its happening, and if we didn't fire the coach when we were 1-5-2; we probably shouldn't do it as the team continues to fight its way back from that disaster.

Yes, a loss is a loss.

But no team goes 82-0

This is the first regulation loss in 7 games... Came to a club that has won 7 in a row (and that streak is without Pronger) and is 1st place.

We also had some dubious reffing where 1 of our goals was disallowed and the two goals of the flyers that could have been called back based on the same goalie interference weren't.

Yes a loss is a loss... but this isn't the 1976 Habs, they are gonna lose gaes. The key is too keep winning more than we lose.

The sky isn't falling.

We don't need panic after every loss. Its a long season and you are gonna lose games.

However the Habs continue to put up points... we continue to climb the standings. After starting 1-5-2 we are 12-7-5 which is over a 100 pt pace for a full season.

Its a slow and steady climb back into contention, but its happening, and if we didn't fire the coach when we were 1-5-2; we probably shouldn't do it as the team continues to fight its way back from that disaster.

I love your optimism and wish I could see the same thing. The problem for me is this: the quality of the loss. And for that matter, the quality of the previous two wins, and the quality of the club over the last few weeks. You are 100% correct that there's a slow and steady rise, and a lot of that has to go to Martin and his style. Without a solid defensive game, maybe we're dead last. On the other hand, despite it happening frequently, he still doesn't have the slightest handle on our third period collapses. How many more points could we have there? How many more points if we could see more tangible results on the power play? IMO, the biggest helper on the PP has been Gauthier, who went out and got a QB of sorts. But before that there was the seriously extended Plex butchery, and a whole lot of static. As head coach, he *must* be the one getting that part of the game going. The entire NHL knows that special teams are the key, and yet here we are, a third of the way done the season, and other than Kaberle, there's been very little change in the PP. Ultimately, Martin must take full responsibility for that.

Perhaps more alarming is Martin's reaction in pressers after the games. He blames the youth. "Our youth made mistakes that cost us." Even if it is true, does he have to do it every game? Where does a kid find his confidence?

Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm sure. I like Martin, but I think his time here should be finished. The team has taken all it can from him and he seems incapable of getting over a few hurdles. He doesn't adapt well and it's killing the team's mojo. Where you see a slow and steady rise, fans and pundits alike see a month where the Canadiens only finally managed to string together two wins in a row, and there are questions about his viability long-term. I'd love him to figure it out, but I'm not sure this ol' dog is going to be learning any new tricks.

This has nothing to do with the loss. It has everything to do with Martin being a dumbass.

What other coach rewards hard work, driving to the net and scoring with a benching?

What kind of message is that? :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

This has nothing to do with the loss. It has everything to do with Martin being a dumbass.

What other coach rewards hard work, driving to the net and scoring with a benching?

What kind of message is that? :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Say it again!!!! this is what i am talking about. Cheers!!! He will be gone in ten games or less. What he is saying or teaching our players? if you work hard it doesn't matter i will bench you no matter what. i would love to hear him explain why LL was not used more? playing to hard? he scored a goal? went to the net? the fans cheered to loud for him? he played both ends of the rink ? the whole line played well blunden did his job and then some.

Commandant, the hysterical reaction to the Kaberle deal basically convinced me that Habs fans have completely lost the plot. So it is hardly surprising that every single thing that has ever gone wrong in the history of humanity is being laid at Martin's feet. Every loss is HIS fault and OBVIOUS grounds for firing him. Some honourable exceptions aside, this sort of thing isn't about rational argument or analysis, it's about spasmodic scapegoating.

LOL really ? Why are we the people that don't believe martin is a good fit for this team hysterical or not rational about this? Kaberle was a great pickup but that is a gm move and a good one we needed pp help he when out and got it.P.G IS doing his job J.M is not plain and simple just because we all don't agree doesn't mean anyone is wrong it is a opinion. I think that us habs fans know the game of hockey it is called being passionate not crazy and i can take losing. next time i post something i will run it by you and see if my opinion is right. I don't call anyone names or say your wrong this is a forum to exchange ideas and opinions no ones is wrong here

The problem with the coach is that we need an experienced guy who can speak French. Besides Michel Therrien, Marc Crawford and Bob Hartley, I don't see who can do the job. Since Martin is, IMO, as good or better than all those guys, we will have to make do with him.

The problem with the coach is that we need an experienced guy who can speak French. Besides Michel Therrien, Marc Crawford and Bob Hartley, I don't see who can do the job. Since Martin is, IMO, as good or better than all those guys, we will have to make do with him.

Why do we need our coach to speak french ? we have a lot of different languages on this team. The coach is for the team not for us fans or media thats what pr people are for. The best person for the job is what is needed.

Crawford and Hartley do have cup rings unlike Martin.

Or the habs orginization could hire the best coach available regardless of language.

JM has strengths and weaknesses like every coach. i don't throw him under the bus for 1 loss.

His big failure IMO is his love fest for vets who don't produce and refusing to use rookies or young players when they are better or bring different things to the table.

His big failure IMO is his love fest for vets who don't produce and refusing to use rookies or young players when they are better or bring different things to the table.

I'm going to say, after having looked at it closely for a while, that it's not necessarily about experience over rookies/youth, but rather an unusually stubborn (for a hockey guy) tendency to stick with what he knows. Subban is in his second full season, and he's not had a terribly good spell in the last week, but he's still getting well over 20 minutes. Desharnais is getting a ton of time, and deserves it right now. But he was also getting a ton of time when he was invisible. No, I believe he isn't favouring a certain age group over another, but rather has certain ideas in mind and, for whatever reason, doesn't deviate much at all.

Which goes back to my biggest criticism, Martin isn't adaptable enough. He has great ideas, when they're countered, he remains with them through failure.

To wit, why is Cammi still given 5v3 time when he's so obviously struggling? Would you not put DD's full line out there instead? I'm not sure it has anything to do with youth, but rather with sticking to his guns.

Say it again!!!! this is what i am talking about. Cheers!!! He will be gone in ten games or less. What he is saying or teaching our players? if you work hard it doesn't matter i will bench you no matter what. i would love to hear him explain why LL was not used more? playing to hard? he scored a goal? went to the net? the fans cheered to loud for him? he played both ends of the rink ? the whole line played well blunden did his job and then some.

Why does everyone forget that for the second game in a row, Leblanc took a stupid penalty in the neutral zone. That mistake and the factr it was repeated, had more to do with his cut icetime than anything else. But the crowd cheered really loud for his goal? Sure let's give him icetime based on crowd cheers, I'm sure he'll be the next latendresse in no time.

• Upvote 1

I love your optimism and wish I could see the same thing.  The problem for me is this:  the quality of the loss.  And for that matter, the quality of the previous two wins, and the quality of the club over the last few weeks.  You are 100% correct that there's a slow and steady rise, and a lot of that has to go to Martin and his style.  Without a solid defensive game, maybe we're dead last.  On the other hand, despite it happening frequently, he still doesn't have the slightest handle on our third period collapses.  How many more points could we have there?  How many more points if we could see more tangible results on the power play?  IMO, the biggest helper on the PP has been Gauthier, who went out and got a QB of sorts.  But before that there was the seriously extended Plex butchery, and a whole lot of static.  As head coach, he *must* be the one getting that part of the game going.  The entire NHL knows that special teams are the key, and yet here we are, a third of the way done the season, and other than Kaberle, there's been very little change in the PP.  Ultimately, Martin must take full responsibility for that.

Perhaps more alarming is Martin's reaction in pressers after the games.  He blames the youth.  "Our youth made mistakes that cost us."  Even if it is true, does he have to do it every game?  Where does a kid find his confidence?

Look, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm sure.  I like Martin, but I think his time here should be finished.  The team has taken all it can from him and he seems incapable of getting over a few hurdles.  He doesn't adapt well and it's killing the team's mojo.  Where you see a slow and steady rise, fans and pundits alike see a month where the Canadiens only finally managed to string together two wins in a row, and there are questions about his viability long-term.  I'd love him to figure it out, but I'm not sure this ol' dog is going to be learning any new tricks.

Yes its true the PP wasn't working. Yes its true Gauthier traded for help. Yes its true that now the PP looks better. However the conclusion you draw from this is very strange. Your conclusion that the previous PP not working is the fault of the coach is faulty IMO. What I see is a PP strategy that can work, however it requires the proper players to work. Pk gorges, pleks, diaz, Martin tried every guy we had back there, which is what forced Gauthier to find him a QB. The pp failure easnt on the coach. It was on lack of personel.

Does anyone listen to the team 990?

No because tony marinara sauce is a tool. Also MelnicK has been on a fire Martin kick from the day he was hired. Last year he pissed and moaned about guy boucher so much it became unbearable. I wonder how he feels now looking at what the supposed boy genius and his lightning are doing.

I'm going to say, after having looked at it closely for a while, that it's not necessarily about experience over rookies/youth, but rather an unusually stubborn (for a hockey guy) tendency to stick with what he knows.

I'll use an example to back up this statement. Using Darche on the PP instead of Cole for the first 20% of the season based on prior stats, instead of it being painfully obvious that Cole is better in every aspect.

Does anyone listen to the team 990?

Ya, I listen, mostly in the car. When Mitch Melnyk interviews Stephen Brunt it's usually great radio. And although I find Pierre McGuire to be annoying, it's usually informative. Commandant, you're way off base about Melnyk and Martin. No surprise, because all you do is defend his every move. Try thinking outside the box, and sometimes, less is more...
  • Upvote 1

I think some people are related to J.M on here! lol if we did a poll on fire J.M i am sure it would be one sided. I am not saying the man is a bad coach but he sure is acting like one. he should be an assist coach he is stubborn and lacks the ability to change on the fly when things are not going to plan. PP P.K and cammy have 0 YES 0 GOALS!!!!! and he keeps putting them out there. Again when darche a 4th liner has and gets as much ice time as our best players says a lot.