Fire Youppi

ForumGhost

I think we can all agree that Youppi has not only lost the fans but also the locker room as well. How can the Molsons expect to turn this team around when our mascot is completely unable to motivate the players and fans? We've seen the quality of his cheering and dancing decline for a long while now and I for one have had enough. As long as Youppi is wearing number '!', this team will never win a Stanley Cup.

• Upvote 4

Youppi was a terrible signing in the first place. His last team sucked and shuttered, why we would hire him is beyond me.

I say, fire the bastard right now.

Now someone is going to come in and say "who would we hire who would be any better?".. Simple.. ice girls!

• Upvote 1

All the data shows that Youppi! has in fact been an above-average NHL mascot. The decibel level of children's squeals of delight in his presence exceeds that attained by the supposedly impeccable Canucks' mascot Fin by .078%, for instance. The boldness of his colour palette is also in the top third. The fact is that Youppi! is being made a scapegoat for deeper organizational problems, such as the inadequacy of the beer served at the Bell Centre and the crapiness of the DJ. I still say we can contend with Youppi! Stop the scapegoating NOW.

• Upvote 2

But are there mascots available that speak french?

I think we can all agree that his replacement should be the best candidate available at the position, not based on being francophone.

Beat me to it by seconds! :)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZX8nq0cBKjM/ScR3RwRFbqI/AAAAAAAAAEM/xzuFPXkty3k/s320/nordiques8788badaboum.jpg

Lets be honest. The organization won't ditch the french clause. So... what about Badaboum?

I mean sure... he was the mascot of the Nordiques, which could cause controversy... but he is french! And apparently an outdoor enthusiast :P

• Upvote 1

http://3.bp.blogspot...788badaboum.jpg

Lets be honest. The organization won't ditch the french clause. So... what about Badaboum?

I mean sure... he was the mascot of the Nordiques, which could cause controversy... but he is french! And apparently an outdoor enthusiast :P

He looks like one of those unfit 70's players. I mean, it's got jowls. Pass.

I question his fitness level. It looks to me like a showed up to camp over weight. Now that works in baseball, I'm looking at you Cecil Fielder, but not a Jacques Martin team.

• Upvote 1

I don't think the problem lies there. We have been stuck with inconsistant team since Roger Doucette passed away. If the anthem is sung just so then magic happens on the ice. If not...

Come on guys this is pathetic. Only a couple losses and you want Youppi! out? This is so unfair! When the Habs are winning you're never talking of him. It's never because of him the team has success, yet he takes all the blame for a bad streak?! tss tss

I want to personaly thank ForumGhost and everyone who posted in this thread last night.

You made my day.

Lol, yep same here. Every time I seen "fire Youppi" I laughed out loud. This thread is funny on so many different levels.