GDT Garbage Day Thread Canadiens visit Devils Game 30

JMMR

It`s too bad for Brodeur. He`s lost his game. Maybe he can get it back but I doubt it. His numbers and performance weren`t up to his own standards last year either. In the one game he got get pumped up and did well to rise to the old occasion he unfortunately runs into the push back factor- Carey Price. NEUTRALIZED!

Marty doesn`t even own the Leafs anymore. Who does he own now?

Mise au jeu ticket:

Patches to score first....check

Devils more penalty minutes than the Habs...check

Subban 4 shots or more....check

Habs under 28 1/2 shots....check

Devils under 28 1/2 shots...check

Final score Habs 2-0 devils.......ARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5$ to win $35000......

I just checked ESPN.com, and they have the Devils at 29 shots on goal!

NHL.com has it at 28....doesn't really matter anyway.

Always the bridesmade never the bride

NHL.com has it at 28....doesn't really matter anyway.

Always the bridesmade never the bride

Actually they just changed it

Weber got 7:51 of ice time. I didn't see him at all. I realize he was with Darce-Noko.

Oh and in this horrible Habs week, where we needed to fire Gauthier and Martin... we got 6 out of 8 possible points.

And looked like crap doing it. Barely winning games we should win and getting loser points doesn't mean all is wonderful. I always hate posts like yours.. told ya so, told ya so... see, every thing is great!

Blah. I don't think firing JM is the key to our problems either, but I would hardly call our play this season a ringing endorsement of either of them. If you honestly believe this team was so great the last two years, then the fact is they are getting worse, not better. That is not something PG should be proud of. We should be going from 'good enough to make the playoffs' to 'now we are a contender". This isn't happening and there is a valid argument then PG hasn't been that great a GM. There is also a valid argument that our coach isn't that great. Some people think he is the worse coach ever, but many people just think he is average. Average players with an average GM with an average coach equals an average team.

Well, they certainly tried to lose the game. Kaberle defintely made a difference; hopefully he can keep up the strong play.

I agree with that. We could see, right away, what difference an experienced player can make. He is more patient, is able to skate sideways along the blue line to open the box; his passes are quick and on the tape. It was just one game, but it looked good out there. I think that the younger player will improve while playing with him Of course, he has got a big contract, but we needed help right away. Let's face it, the season could be finished before the return of Markov. I still believe that the agenda has not change with no. 79, but we can't be sure that he will be able to play up to his usual excellence when he will be back. Kaberle provides what we absolutely needed on the PP and Markov will be a huge help in a month or so. Gauthier took a big chance, but he might very well have saved the season. I keep my fingers crossed.

See I'd argue that the only game we were lucky to get a point in was the Columbus game.

We outplayed LA and deserved the win.

We outplayed Vancouver for the majority of the game, and they were lucky to tie that game and steal two points.

We were in firm control of this game for 55 minutes.

Heck I thought we were better than San Jose and failed to hold that lead too.

The team needs to improve on closing people out.... on finishing games, no doubt about that... but I don't think we've looked like crap for the majority of the game... quite the opposite for the first 40 minutes.

See I'd argue that the only game we were lucky to get a point in was the Columbus game.

We outplayed LA and deserved the win.

We outplayed Vancouver for the majority of the game, and they were lucky to tie that game and steal two points.

We were in firm control of this game for 55 minutes.

Heck I thought we were better than San Jose and failed to hold that lead too.

The team needs to improve on closing people out.... on finishing games, no doubt about that... but I don't think we've looked like crap for the majority of the game... quite the opposite for the first 40 minutes.

i concur, but both teams looked like crap today, battle of 2 mediocre/sleepy teams, but take a win over that goalie even if ugly and painful to watch.

Got to see both sides of Kaberle, skillful at one end of ice and soft at other, but love the trade, got a 5th or 6th d-man for a 6th or 7th one.

Eller and Desharnais continue to improve in faceoff circle, maybe they could give Plekanec some pointers?

Great win for Carey, that penalty shot stop should help confidence.

i missed the game getting my winter tires installed. looks like the habs FINALLY managed to hang on for the win. but man, they came pretty close to blowing another lead in the third period and got bailed out by price again. This guys really make it hard on themselves AND their fans!

Kaberle got two points, but while i only saw the highlights, and didn't see the whole play, he looked pretty soft on the coverage for the devils goal.

I'm still not sold on him, but if Martin uses him like Bergeron, he should at least help the PP.

It was great seeing price make the big save on the penalty shot, given his struggles on the shootout!

Weber got 7:51 of ice time. I didn't see him at all. I realize he was with Darce-Noko.

Oh and in this horrible Habs week, where we needed to fire Gauthier and Martin... we got 6 out of 8 possible points.

We may have gotten 6 points, but those were the sorriest looking six points I've seen. Blown leads and having to settle for the shootout loss point is hardly something to be happy about! The only saving grace is that at least we didn't give up a point against a team that we will be fighting for a playoff point.

We may have gotten 6 points, but those were the sorriest looking six points I've seen. Blown leads and having to settle for the shootout loss point is hardly something to be happy about! The only saving grace is that at least we didn't give up a point against a team that we will be fighting for a playoff point.

Ya, I was really concerned about a 3 point game. Things are staring to look more normal in the standings. Washington just needs to knock Florida out of the race and Montreal needs to do the same with Toronto. That was a tough win and the turtling in the third was gross. At least they were a little more effective at clogging the neutral zone, but when NJ was in our zone, it looked dangerous every time.

I'm still not sold on him, but if Martin uses him like Bergeron, he should at least help the PP
His overall performance in this game was huge. Many of his shots got through. If he keeps playing like he did today, you'll love it. We can only hope. Fingers crossed. If you can watch Canadiens Express - I recommend it!

His overall performance in this game was huge. Many of his shots got through. If he keeps playing like he did today, you'll love it. We can only hope. Fingers crossed. If you can watch Canadiens Express - I recommend it!

What's the Canadiens Express? Is that on RDS. I do have RDS.

It's on tonight at 9:30 ET on RDS. So it's likely on RDS at 7:30 Calgary time.

And, I'm just saying overall he looked solid. On 2 plays left alone on partial breakaways he was worrisome but I expected far more disaster than what came of it. He recovered pretty well.

I just hope he fits with the Habs like he did with the Leafs. We'll see

And looked like crap doing it. Barely winning games we should win and getting loser points doesn't mean all is wonderful. I always hate posts like yours.. told ya so, told ya so... see, every thing is great!

Blah. I don't think firing JM is the key to our problems either, but I would hardly call our play this season a ringing endorsement of either of them. If you honestly believe this team was so great the last two years, then the fact is they are getting worse, not better. That is not something PG should be proud of. We should be going from 'good enough to make the playoffs' to 'now we are a contender". This isn't happening and there is a valid argument then PG hasn't been that great a GM. There is also a valid argument that our coach isn't that great. Some people think he is the worse coach ever, but many people just think he is average. Average players with an average GM with an average coach equals an average team.

I absolutely agree with Brobin. We may have picked up 6 out of 8 points, but we should have picked up 7 points. You conveniently forgot to mention that the previous week we only picked up 2 points out of a possible 8 points. That averages 8 points out of 16. Whioch isn't too bad, but for a team that is chasing 4-5 other teams to make the playoffs, it simply isn't good enough. Also, I think that what's got everyone all riled up is the way in which our Habs have lost games.

If we were down to Vancouver 3-0, and then lost in the SO, i don't think many people would've complained. Same thing with the game against Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago, and the game against Buffalo etc.etc.etc. It's unacceptable to drop 2-3 goal leads. OUr boys need to find a way to make the most of their chances, and to STOP playing on their heels as soon as we get a 1 or 2 goal lead.

It's on tonight at 9:30 ET on RDS. So it's likely on RDS at 7:30 Calgary time.

And, I'm just saying overall he looked solid. On 2 plays left alone on partial breakaways he was worrisome but I expected far more disaster than what came of it. He recovered pretty well.

I just hope he fits with the Habs like he did with the Leafs. We'll see

Thanks will check out the game tonight. I thought I'd be back by the end of the 1st period, but ended up waiting an extra hour after my appointment time just to get my car in the garage.

Are you kidding? Well, if you're not, Canadiens Express is a condensed version of the game. THey cut it down to 1 hour. It's awesome cause you get to see enough of the game(the most important parts of it) to get a good idea how the boys played overall.

I guess my fellow friends in here are frustrated. Hmmm? Yeah, I haven't been posting a lot. The first 10 games I'm surprised I didn't set fire to my TV! Oh well. In short, this team needs to "hang on". That's the simplest way to put it. We'll be holding our breath for at least another month. You get what you get.

If we can survive - we can turn the corner. Jacques Martin isn't going away and no more Kaberle's are likely to beam into Habsworld. I think us fans need to chill. However, to those that can't, I can relate. Talking me in to acceptance in October would have been a waste of key strokes.

The stats that caught my eye this game:

- Desharnais 14/18 on the draw, terrific from him.

- Kaberle (boy is it weird seeing his name beside other Habs on the scoring summary) played 17:33 including leading the team in PP TOI. I thought he'd get a little more to be honest.

- Gill (0:43) played more than Diaz (0:41) on the PP. Granted, these were late shifts and Kaberle was double shifted at times but this is funny.

- No Hab forward played over 20 minutes - I really like this one, guys like Plekanec need partial rests here and there.

- Gorges was the only Montreal D to be credited with a hit (2) - Weber had one but as a forward. The team in total had 6, as many shots as Pacioretty had in the game.

- The Habs had a total of 4 missed shots...I'm not going through all the game summaries but that has to be the least of the year. Usually that's closer to 15-20 I do believe.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20112012/ES020421.HTM

3 game homestand against NYI, Philly and NJ (4 outta 6 points needed - bare minimum) and then the dreaded 6 game Christmas road trip playing the Bruins, Chicago, Winnipeg, back to Montreal for Christmas, Ottawa, Florida, Tampa (8 outta 12 would be nice).

I really feel hope the team collectively takes a stand and makes December a positive month.

I absolutely agree with Brobin. We may have picked up 6 out of 8 points, but we should have picked up 7 points. You conveniently forgot to mention that the previous week we only picked up 2 points out of a possible 8 points. That averages 8 points out of 16. Whioch isn't too bad, but for a team that is chasing 4-5 other teams to make the playoffs, it simply isn't good enough. Also, I think that what's got everyone all riled up is the way in which our Habs have lost games.

If we were down to Vancouver 3-0, and then lost in the SO, i don't think many people would've complained. Same thing with the game against Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago, and the game against Buffalo etc.etc.etc. It's unacceptable to drop 2-3 goal leads. OUr boys need to find a way to make the most of their chances, and to STOP playing on their heels as soon as we get a 1 or 2 goal lead.

The previous week was Pittsburgh Saturday... OT loss..

Anaheim Wednesday.... Loss

San Jose Thursday.... OT loss.

2/6 by my count.... not good, but... overall thats 8/14 which equates to a playoff spot when spread over 82 games.