GDT Grungy Day Thread Flyers visit Canadiens

JMMR

This was a golden oppertunity with no Giroux and Pronger and it looks like they are going to let it slip away.

how dare you score a goal louis, take a seat on the bench

Yep - ride the pine for showing up the coach!!

Eller stuck with Darche, while we are down a goal - why wouldn't you put Leblanc with him?????? :angry2:

Recall Martin's presser two days ago. He doesn't want exciting at home. Did you hear the crowd when Leblanc scored? You saw his face when he scored - no smile, just went to the bench with a scared look. He knew it. "I scored, the crowd is on its feet, I'm doomed." BENCH

I'm really confused about what is and isn't goaltender and crease violation.

Sigh

To clarify: If Montreal does it, goaltender interference. If the opposition does it to Montreal, no interference.

On the bright side.

This is the Habs first regulation loss in december, and it came to a team that won 7 in a row (including blowing out Washington without Pronger and Giroux) and a team that is 1st in the East.

It also came on a night where the refs disallowed one of our goals for goalie interference, but allowed 2 of Phillys on interference that was just as bad (simmonds) and worse (carcillo).

Well, too bad because it was a great effort. Too many bad turn-overs. We badly need a centerman who can bring the puck in the offensive zone on the PP. Kaberle is a nice addition, but he can't do it all by himself. Plekanec is probably one of the worst centerman to enter the zone; he can't find his wingers and, most of the time, shoot the puck on the board in the hope that somebody will recover it before the defensemen. Gomez is still the best in this team to carry the puck; let's hope that he is not far from beign 100% healthy.

I'm really confused about what is and isn't goaltender and crease violation.

I myself am confused about all penalties. Clutching & grabbing has increased & it's subtle but effective. Er...Um....what about it Gary, is that "New NHL" rules from the glorious 2005 season? I've also noticed holdups of forwards attacking down low when the puck is 4 meters away. FOUR METERS? :wacko: The D's can get away with leaning defensively into the attacker. Interference is EVERYWHERE!

The problem is the league hasn't figured out that on an ice surface 200 X 85 feet with 10 men on skates moving very quickly you're not going to end up with different results tweaking this rule & disregarding it the following season..Gary, hockey doesn't fit into the "Neat Box". Never has & it never will!

Management at the NHL level needs to drink more booze! Drinking less would probably make these morons dumber & booze would do the opposite.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one to see that Plekanec is struggling out there? It looks as though nobody can play with him.

He is clearly struggling..... no doubt about that.

The thing though is even when struggling he plays good defensively so i don't mind him continuing to get his minutes.

Here's my recap. And little mention of Chris Lee!

http://aconcernedfan.com/?p=62

Bang on!!!!!!! A change at coach would do wonders it is like hitting the reset button on the season. J.M is killing this team I really don't know if there is a worse coach out there. We all look at this lineup and see a lot of very good pieces and there is not that much to tweak.

On the bright side.

This is the Habs first regulation loss in december, and it came to a team that won 7 in a row (including blowing out Washington without Pronger and Giroux) and a team that is 1st in the East.

It also came on a night where the refs disallowed one of our goals for goalie interference, but allowed 2 of Phillys on interference that was just as bad (simmonds) and worse (carcillo).

Carcillo plays for Chicago now... I assume you meant Zolnierczyk? Don't blame you for not wanting to type that one. :)

Here's my recap. And little mention of Chris Lee!

http://aconcernedfan.com/?p=62

That was great Colin. I really missed A Concerned Fan.

I don't know how anyone can continue to defend Martin. He needs to be fired right now.

-Benching LL for the third is asinine (he actually had one shift I believe).

-Playing Darche (16:51 icetime) as much as Pacioretty (17:24) is %^$#ing stupid! Perhaps putting Leblanc with Eller instead might have turned out better? Or maybe Leblanc would have scored sooner resulting in a quicker benching.

Martin needs to go :monkey:

• Upvote 1

That was great Colin. I really missed A Concerned Fan.

I don't know how anyone can continue to defend Martin. He needs to be fired right now.

-Benching LL for the third is asinine (he actually had one shift I believe).

-Playing Darche (16:51 icetime) as much as Pacioretty (17:24) is %^$#ing stupid! Perhaps putting Leblanc with Eller instead might have turned out better? Or maybe Leblanc would have scored sooner resulting in a quicker benching.

Martin needs to go :monkey: Amen good sir!!!! i'd buy you a beer if i was sitting there with ya. Colin rocked that post it is like he gets mad that the young guys excel. He is a full out moron