Dec. 17, Devils vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

I still think it was a good move signing Markov. Hell, I think they should have signed him for 5 years. The only thing that I was a bit pissed at was that given the number of games Markov has played, they weren't able to get him for for less of a cap hit - even if it was $250k to $500k/year. I still think Markov is a good gamble and should come back strong. It's not like he has had the same injury during the past 2 1/2 years. He's had some very strange injuries. As other have said, Wiz has also had a similar surgery three times. The habs dumped Chelios back in the early 90's because Savard thought his knees were done and he only went on to play almost another 20 years. I also think that Gorges would have locked up at around $3M-$3.5M on a longer term deal and $3.25M sound about right on a 6-7 year deal, given his production.

You also have to factor in that he was getting around $1.5M on his last deal, coming off a major injury which would have led to uncertainty. You also have to factor in that he has said he loves playing in Montreal, so I'd be very surprised if he wouldn't sign long-term for $3.25M. This summer, though, i think all bets are off. THe team wasn't willing to commit last summer, despite him being a heart and soul guy, he has had a pretty solid year, so unless they lock him up long-term before the end of the season, I think he is gone.

I totally agree...BUT I think in Gorges's case he might have taken a discount to get locked up long-term. Not only was his value deflated by his injury, but he's been quite vocal about his love of playing here. Considering how Markov's knee has gone, though, I can certainly understand Gauthier not being in any big hurry to lock up two dodgy knees for a number of years.

crap both the local CBC and the Ontario CBC, which tend to have Montreal or Ottawa games are both showing the leafs games tonight. I guess its RDS again.

like how Cunneyworth is talking to his players on the bench, rather then having his arms crossed looking stoic like Martin.

still playing a dump and chase style, but i guess if they are going to change that, its going to take some time to adjust.

Cammy has to be tougher then that.

Keep it up boys. On pace for 6 shots on net

Why can't these guys get their shots through??? forwards, dman, fan on passes, fan on their shots, its pretty sad. Dman keep hitting our own guys.

O h man, AK46, should have shot there!

Announcers are saying thats gonna be a suspension... but it feels like Larsson lunged forward after the puck putting his head into that spot.

That looked very similar to the Malone on Campoli that wasn't suspended, but given that MaxPac received a suspension for a similar hit, i think Cole is getting 2-3 games and given Maxpac's comments after his suspension, i think Shanahan is going to hit the habs hard.

I agree with Brobin, this is a 1-2 game suspension, I expect he'll get 3-4 games!

Yep. Anyone hear yet if Phaneuf is going to get off scott free for his hit yesterday???

Larson reaching for the puck. Definite 3 game suspension coming

That looked very similar to the Malone on Campoli that wasn't suspended, but given that MaxPac received a suspension for a similar hit, i think Cole is getting 2-3 games and given Maxpac's comments after his suspension, i think Shanahan is going to hit the habs hard.

Yep. Anyone hear yet if Phaneuf is going to get off scott free for his hit yesterday???

That hit was brutal. I watched that game but knew there would be no discipline