Tonight's game GDT Montréal - Boston

JoeLassister

The third line is gonna get a regular shift.... you can't just "cut their ES time".

You can't run 2 lines out there.

its easy to look at the raw numbers at intermission and say X should play more than Y... much different when you are behind the bench and have to tap the guy on the shoulder seeing when in the period the penalties came, who was tired, who wasn't, etc...

You don't need to use the same pairings all night.

Frankly I'd rather dress the extra dman and only use Gill to kill penalties. He has very limited use 5-5 anyways.

As I've noted before, it would be tough to switch a guy like Kaberle over as he's been a LD all his career, switching now would be really tough (the Spacek factor). Gorges could move over but then you have Emelin, Gill, and Kaberle as the LD's. One of them has to play ~24 minutes a game the way the defensive game is set up, I know I'm not comfortable with any of them playing that much. It's not as simple as saying the physical defenceman has to play under any circumstance.

I call a spade a spade. I hate the leafs but you gotta admit they've left the habs in their dust.

Ummm...Not really! Seeing as the Leafs haven'T made the playoffs in what 6-7 years and that they're only 2 points ahead of us. I certainly wouldn't say they've left us in their dust. Not one bit. They started strong, but they're coming back down to earth, like they always do. I don't think we'll make the playoffs this year, but i don't think the leafies will either.

I'm talking of cutting the time for the the 4th line (niko) not he 3rd line (Eller).

The third line is gonna get a regular shift.... you can't just "cut their ES time".

You can't run 2 lines out there.

Speaking of Boston, my best friend is a huge Bruins fan (last year was painful) and I want to get him a present for Christmas. Does anyone know where you can get toilet paper with the Bruins logo on each sheet?

So, best third period in weeks? Rolling four lines, *trusting* in your fourth line to give you quality minutes? Those guys are playing with energy and are draining the Bruins. While the rest of the team isn't playing great, they are playing - and no one has given up. Price has been brilliant a couple of times, but Thomas has had to be very good as well. This is a definite step in the right direction.

My point exactly.

And there is the game.

At this point in the game

1 of Kostitsyn Cole Patches should be on the ice every 2nd shift.

there should never be consecutive es shifts without them

That is how you defend a lead.. Didn't like the Habs pressure so they pushed back hard and now they have a two goal lead...

We beat these guys twice early when their heads were not in the game after the cup run... Since then, they have dominated the league.

Lets start the tanking in time and get rid of bad contracts and get a nice early first rounder. This team isnt going anywhere anyway so might as well go to rock bottom instead of 9th-10th in the east and get a crappy pick.