Tonight's game GDT Montréal - Boston

JoeLassister

I was being sarcastic. Moen has no business playing almost 20 minutes.

Sorry, too foul of a mood to detect sarcasm right now.

It is time to move some d men and get some back with size that hit!!!! campoli weber diaz gill bye bye!!!! I would target franson from the leafs he is big cheap and young a good place to start.

You mean the guy who has been a healthy scratch many times this year? (Sadly, it has to be the year I picked him in the pool...) He's been better lately but not worth the king's ransom the Leafs demanded (having already rejected a young player and a 2nd round pick).

By the way, notice how Pacs and Cole are our only two guys who can drive the net. There is a reason for that. They have the size to do it. We need a few more guys that size to replace Cammy and Gionta, or at least replace one of them.

Cole was a good signing. Thank you sir, I will have another.

You mean the guy who has been a healthy scratch many times this year? (Sadly, it has to be the year I picked him in the pool...) He's been better lately but not worth the king's ransom the Leafs demanded (having already rejected a young player and a 2nd round pick).

What pisses me off is that the leafs got him (They weren't expecting Lombardi to play anyways) and Liles pretty cheap. Take away the idiotic signings in his first year and the Kessel deal and I think Burke has made better moves - still can't stand the blow hard.

Leaf's issue is they also have a lousy coach. Habs can't get the PP going this year, and Wilson hasn't been able to put together a PK in his 3-4 years in TO!

The sad thing is that it's been our veterans that have been costing us, despite Martin continuously throwing the rookies and young players under the bus in his post game interviews.

Yes, yes... its all so clear now. Martin was the problem all along.

By the way, notice how Pacs and Cole are our only two guys who can drive the net. There is a reason for that. They have the size to do it. We need a few more guys that size to replace Cammy and Gionta, or at least replace one of them.

I just dumped Cammy from my favorites on my profile and replaced him by Cole. I'm still worried about him being signed for 4 years (1 year longer then what I would have liked), but he sure looks damn good right now and I think is our most consistent player along with Ak46.

Certainly some positives in this one as the team put forth a strong effort in the 3rd. The 4th line was strong all night and Cunneyworth seemed to roll them as the momentum went. That was a subtle change I noticed. I think we may see Budaj get the Chicago game and let Price have the Winnipeg (in-conference) one though this one was definitely not on Price.

The breakout continued to be a problem. I'm not liking these new homerun passes all the time. Its not working, and when the pass isn't open we have guys trying to skate it out and being stupid like Campoli last game and Moen this game.

Yes, yes... its all so clear now. Martin was the problem all along.

Give me a friggin break. You honestly don't think there was anything wrong with Martin throwing the rookies/young players under the bus after every game???

The veterans certainly weren't responding to him and looks like they don't like the younger anglo-Martin clone that PG replaced him with. He is making the same idiotic decsions as Martin.

I agree for the most part. Tiny, little DD goes hard to the net. He gets knocked around but he still goes there and competes. When was the last time Cammy or Plex moved away from the perimeter?

I do agree though that we need more size or to find a way to really utilize our speed. Cole was a great signing and I love watching him play.

yes that guy!!!! he was third in mins only behind sutter and weber so yes he is a good d man. remember it is the leafs that are sitting him. jason smith was waived only to captain the oilers! and steve sullivan sucked to remember. lol

yes that guy!!!! he was third in mins only behind sutter and weber so yes he is a good d man. remember it is the leafs that are sitting him. jason smith was waived only to captain the oilers! and steve sullivan sucked to remember. lol

Actually, Franson was 7th on the Preds in ATOI per game which means even they had him as a 3rd pairing guy. He's a decent d-man, no doubt but he wouldn't be much, if at all, better than the current crew and most certainly not worth trading more than a 2nd round pick and a decent prospect/young player.

http://www.nhl.com/i...wName=timeOnIce

Franson was 5th on the Predators Defence in total minutes

And 7th in Minutes per game... Bouillion was ahead of him on the depth chart but only played half the season. Blum replaced Bouillion and also averaged more minutes per game than Franson.

Franson was clearly the Predators #6 defenceman, used mainly to play PP on the second unit, and given very sheltered ES minutes (only 13 ES minutes per game, and virtually no PKing time).

Actually, Franson was 7th on the Preds in ATOI per game which means even they had him as a 3rd pairing guy. He's a decent d-man, no doubt but he wouldn't be much, if at all, better than the current crew and most certainly not worth trading more than a 2nd round pick and a decent prospect/young player.

I wouldn't give up more then a 2nd. But didn't the leafs actually get him for less though (along with picking up Lombardi's contract - but then the leafs won't be afraid to dump him to the minors, unlike Molson with Gomez)???

I wouldn't give up more then a 2nd. But didn't the leafs actually get him for less though (along with picking up Lombardi's contract - but then the leafs won't be afraid to dump him to the minors, unlike Molson with Gomez)???

I would not give more than a 4th.

Or I would trade Campo straight up.

Put on the Canada Finland game watch a team compete.

Yeah, they got him for Lebda (bought out) and I believe Robert Slaney who was probably just for the 50-contract limit. The package I'm citing is the one they turned down...I want to say about 5, 6 weeks ago. The issue with Lombardi was the uninsurable contract coupled with his concussion history.

Better then a few we have and has size and gets the odd point . trade them moen str8 up for him god know they are a cup team this year!!! lol

Better then a few we have and has size and gets the odd point . trade them moen str8 up for him god know they are a cup team this year!!! lol

At this point, I'd rather build for next year. This year is done. Had they gotton a coach that was bringing a different message, we might have had a chance. Now, even if we do get into the playoffs by squeaking in again, does anyone honestly think we have a chance against the bruins or Flyers???

Another 50 games of coach ranting?

I think it will be coach and GM ranting :nuts:

The team is so pathetic, depressing, boring, that you have to some way of venting :hyper:

So now it's Moen who is the OBVIOUSLY overused shlub.

Funny, I seem to recall predicting that certain people would never, ever be happy... :rolleyes:

This is the hinge point of our season. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but we do need some wins, and quick.

So now it's Moen who is the OBVIOUSLY overused shlub.

Funny, I seem to recall predicting that certain people would never, ever be happy... :rolleyes:

This is the hinge point of our season. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but we do need some wins, and quick.

Any team that has moen or Darche playing over 20 minutes is not a playoff team.

Yeah we are missing an entire line, so as usual the Martin/PG/Cunneyworth cheerleader has no issue when darche or Moen get more ice time then AK46, Cole, maxpac, Cammy, DD, Eller. Not only does he get more ice time then them, but gets nearly DOUBLE the amount of time that Eller or AK46 got. Ellet could even have been used on the PK more - looked pretty damn good to me on the PK tonight! Moen looked great on that game winning goal didn't he. If that was Leblanc you'd probably be throwing him under the bus like Martin!

Last game it was darche, tonight Moen. On top of that even though darche got less time, he still got more then Niko, ak46 and Eller and only 6 sec less then Cole and 33 sec less then Maxpac and 1 1/2 min less then DD. I won't bother to say bow many minutes more he got over Leblanc. That is really a recipe for success!!

Sure and if we're healthy... one is a fouth liner; and the other is in the pressobx.

Guess what, we''re missing an entire line.