Habs Christmas Goodies

dlbalr

Time for that annual thread (some have been here, others in The Lounge) where everyone can discuss all the Habs-related items they got during the holiday season.

For me, I got a Cammalleri road jersey and tickets to Tuesday's game in Ottawa. As I've never been to an NHL game live before, I'm quite looking forward to this...regardless of the 7-hour each way drive that will be facing us. Here's hoping the Habs show up for this one unlike the travesty in Winnipeg.

Time for that annual thread (some have been here, others in The Lounge) where everyone can discuss all the Habs-related items they got during the holiday season.

For me, I got a Cammalleri road jersey and tickets to Tuesday's game in Ottawa. As I've never been to an NHL game live before, I'm quite looking forward to this...regardless of the 7-hour each way drive that will be facing us. Here's hoping the Habs show up for this one unlike the travesty in Winnipeg.

:o I just can't believe this. Amazing. I'm actually shocked. Have fun man.

You should do the 9 hours drive to the Bell Centre instead of 7 hours to Scotia Bank Place...

I would have preferred the gift of hearing that we shipped Cammy for Spezza. That would gave made the game against Ottawa worth seeing.

:o I just can't believe this. Amazing. I'm actually shocked. Have fun man.

You should do the 9 hours drive to the Bell Centre instead of 7 hours to Scotia Bank Place...

For the amount of hockey I follow, I don't get out to a lot of games. I've been to 3 AHL games in my life; before this, that was the highest level I'd seen. (I've been to about 25-30 OHL games but that's junior level.) As for why we're going to Ottawa, the main reason was price and the fact tickets were actually available (something that isn't exactly the case with the Habs).

I got a Belt with a big Habs logo as the buckle.

But that was it for this year, one of my lower hauls as far as christmas habs stuff goes, but I have so much from previous years that I didn't mind (7 jerseys, tons of hats, t-shirts, pictures on the wall, signed pucks etc...).

I got a habs towel, habs calandar for my wall, now I have one on each side of my dorm! (thanks habs world for the desktop calendar), book on hab history and of course... classic habs pez container :D!

Also I hope the game is great Brian! I've only been to one game myself and it was a amazing 6-2 victory for us habs over the leafs! I hope you get a similar result :)

No presents this year. I have enough already lol. Tomorrow promises the best presents of all. Gallagher might, just might be Canada's best forward in this tourney. Beaulieu super impressed me during Habs exhibition fooling NHLers on the rush and distributing the puck like a pro. He's fast. And, Bournival is a good scoring 2 way player.

:canada:

Adorned my SUV with a CH decal and licence plate holder. Had to find a way to stick out in Connecticut.

Also bought my six month nephew (who's in town for Xmas from Greece) a Habs track suit and t-shirt!

Gotta brainwash them young.

My girlfriend got me a vintage style zip up habs hoodie. I got my father the book about the habs and the game against the Red Army. Would love a jersey, but the price is a bit much, and with the way we get rid of star players, it might be worthless in a few years.

My girlfriend got me a vintage style zip up habs hoodie. I got my father the book about the habs and the game against the Red Army. Would love a jersey, but the price is a bit much, and with the way we get rid of star players, it might be worthless in a few years.

Great choice, the book by T.C. Denault

I learned this years ago - never invest in a jersey with a current player's name on it. The no-brainer solution is to pick one of the greats from the past. I got a Morenz #7 jersey years ago - now there's one that separates the men from the boys ;)

• Upvote 1

I learned this years ago - never invest in a jersey with a current player's name on it. The no-brainer solution is to pick one of the greats from the past. I got a Morenz #7 jersey years ago - now there's one that separates the men from the boys ;)

I got a Koivu #11 jersey. I considered the whole "don't get a jersey with a current player's name" thing, but I figured at that time that Koivu would still be worth wearing once he was gone. And he is. (I got it in 2005-2006ish).

I didn't get too much Habs-wise this Christmas (I've exhausted most possibilities), but I did get a Christmas tree ornament and a Habs' hook wall plaque. It's funny that my girlfriend did better in this department; I got her one of those Habs' female-style home jerseys.

I got a Koivu #11 jersey. I considered the whole "don't get a jersey with a current player's name" thing, but I figured at that time that Koivu would still be worth wearing once he was gone. And he is. (I got it in 2005-2006ish).

Yep, I have a Koivu T-shirt that I bought heavily discounted from the Bell Centre in the summer of 2009, because I knew it wouldn't go out of date. That's the other option - identify a memorable, long-term 'core' player and go with him. But there are very few such players. Of the current bunch, only Price and Subban seem likely to have a chance to play this role, and even that remains to be seen. The other possibility is Cammy, who, notwithstanding his present struggles, is flashy and locked-up long-term. But all three represent risky investments, jersey-wise.

I'm with you there. I have a 44 jersey.

Get a retired player name and number it will be good forever.

I didn't get too much Habs-wise this Christmas (I've exhausted most possibilities), but I did get a Christmas tree ornament and a Habs' hook wall plaque. It's funny that my girlfriend did better in this department; I got her one of those Habs' female-style home jerseys.

Not pink though right?

red?

I got a pair of habs winter gloves

The nice thin ones you can wear under your hockey gloves when playing pond hockey!!!