Habs @ Senators

bar

Only reason the team played like their hair was on fire was cause they knew Brian was in the stands...

Me thinks we should all pitch in so the Habs "un"offical capologist attends every game. Or petition so they hire him full time.

That was a super belated present.

What a great game for a Hab fan to see after the last couple flops.

I crap on Cammalleri all the time, but when he does actually show up to play he can really be a difference maker (but i hope this just increases his trade value)

Love the play of Gorges (was best player easily all game), Yemelin and Diaz just continues to quietly play solid, which basically means Weber can get his things packed and ready to move to, Edmonton, Washington, L.A.?

Love that Campoli was sat, would be nice if he can be sent to AHL for time being.

Leblanc did super for only 9 minutes of icetime, he seems like a nice smart player and both he and Eller finally got rewarded.

Subban finally goes to the net and chips in, why he dosent do more often? he is still scary defensively, but does alot more good than bad out there and great to see him score.

Probably a relief for ol Randy, but still in a no win situation.

Love the roster/line shakeup anyways and not going into a shell once they had the lead.

Love that Campoli was sat, would be nice if he can be sent to AHL for time being.

It would be nice if he could go to Hamilton for a conditioning stint.

Only reason the team played like their hair was on fire was cause they knew Brian was in the stands...

Me thinks we should all pitch in so the Habs "un"offical capologist attends every game. Or petition so they hire him full time.

I could go for that last blurb... :) Lots of driving though; round trip, we were in the car for about 14 hours out of a 31 hour span, plus another hour of driving to/from the hotel to/from the arena.

Some game thoughts:

- Lots and lots of Hab fans which was fun. Our seats were in the 300's but we got down to ice level for most of the warmup, Hab fans were all around the boards in nearly every section at the warmup.

- I haven't seen the Bell Centre screen to compare but their new video screens (which died in the final minute) have some potential when everything is actually fully assembled.

- Diaz had the quietest 3-point effort I think I ever saw. The only time I ever saw him was when he was without the puck covering someone (which he did quite well).

- Seeing the game from high up gave me a real look at how Subban loves to just wander around out there. He looked out of position more than he was in it. I'm not sure if TV did that justice; it's unfortunate as when he actually played his position instead of the old fashioned rover, he played well.

- Ottawa fans really, really don't like Craig Anderson. A couple fans behind us tried to get a we want Emery chant going. Yikes.

- I think I discovered why Darche is dressed all the time. He was fetching the pucks in the warmup constantly ("doing the dirty work out there" :)).

- Eller looked really good out there, I think he got ripped off in the 3 Stars (which officially were Price 1, Cole 2, and Diaz 3, Leblanc was an RDS-only pick). It was also nice to see them come out for the stars even though it was a road game. I'm sure it helped that by the end of the game, Ottawa fans were long gone.

- Our seats were beside a family from England who travelled to see the Habs play. And I thought I had a long trip...

- In terms of general play, the Habs' play in the 1st was even worse than the comments on here suggested. Price kept them in it and some good bounces finally went Montreal's way for once.

• Upvote 2

No, the team actually carried their strong play into Tampa. We lost because Price was shaky at a key moment and/or the refs mucked it up. With a team as opportunistic as Tampa, you can't have breakdowns like that.