Habs @ Senators

bar

I'd like to see the new-look PP get a few opportunities in the 3rd, but in order to draw penalties the Habs will probably need to spend more than 10 seconds at a time in the offensive end.

*sigh* Ottawa PP from pressuring Subban.

habs are sitting back again. we need to keep the pressure on when we have the puck, if we dont have the puck we cant back off, pressure the puck.

ghg! 10mins. in the third.

this was a gift. thursday will be a good test, lets see if tonights win was a turning point. now i will rest and enjoy this victory. go habs go!

good night hw.

Well, they played better - especially in their own end - in the second half. Much better puck support. Of course, Ottawa may have been demoralized, but you also have to consider the possibility that Cunneyworth made some in-game adjustments that addressed whatever was ailing us in a ridiculously inept first period.

The big thing tonight was that Pleks and Cammy played better and got rewarded. This team will never go anywhere if those two are unproductive. If Patches can ever remove his head from his bung-hole, things just might start looking up.

PK also played with some swagger again, which was nice to see. He's gonna make gaffes, but they're easier to forgive when he's got that PK mojo working...and when we don't get scored on as a result of 'em, of course.

It was perhaps the most uninspiring win I've seen the Habs ever get, but dammit I'll take it if they can build on it.

The sad thing is that you can say that about most of our wins this year.

Lol. Leblanc 1st star.

I guess it helps when you are actually allowed to keep playing after you score....

Thats the mentality! I'm hoping for a great game that we can look at as the "turn around" point for the season! Woot!

Well! Even though it was the least convincing 6-2 win of quite possibly all time... Maybe! This is the "turn around" point! Lets go boys!

The sad thing is that you can say that about most of our wins this year.

I guess it helps when you are actually allowed to keep playing after you Oscore....

I just didn't think he deserved it. It was a french thing. I would have gone Diaz Cole Leblanc/Price if I were rating them. Eller had his best game in a long time too.

Damn H29R you're killing the mood, things arent lollipops and gumdrops but cant ya let us enjoy this win without being a Debbie Downer?

that's what i'm here for - I try -_-

It's nice that we finally got the two points, but it would be nice to get the win by playing a solid game. I think there were probably only 3-4 games this year where at the end of the game, it felt like we played a solid complete game.

Good things tonight:

- Cammy finally scored AND looked like he was interested.

- The 5 on 3 goal was the type of goal we used to score before the PP sucked (no Kaberle necessary as well)

- Eller scored

- Leblanc looked good with Cammy

- Pleks looked more like the Pleks we know

- Price was Price

Defensively we looked bad. I still don't have much hope for this year and honestly, the next 10-20 games are critical. Unless we can string together 6 - 7 wins or start winning at a 75% pace every for the next 20 games, I'd much rather have the big guns producing and us losing to improve the draft position and the value of our assets for the deadline.

I just didn't think he deserved it. It was a french thing. I would have gone Diaz Cole Leblanc/Price if I were rating them. Eller had his best game in a long time too.

I wasn't referring to the first star actually. I haven't given a crap about the three stars since I was like 14. What made me happy was that he played with skilled guys and pretty much played till the end. I also liked that Pleks was kept under 20 min, Eller 19min, AK46 played 18min, Darche played only 12 min.

I think Moen still played more then I would have liked Cole, MaxPac, Cammy to play more - particularly since Cammy seemed on and Cole was his usual solid self. But it was better bench management then we've seen in over a month.

I wasn't referring to the first star actually. I haven't given a crap about the three stars since I was like 14. What made me happy was that he played with skilled guys and pretty much played till the end. I also liked that Pleks was kept under 20 min, Eller 19min, AK46 played 18min, Darche played only 12 min.

I think Moen still played more then I would have liked Cole, MaxPac, Cammy to play more - particularly since Cammy seemed on and Cole was his usual solid self. But it was better bench management then we've seen in over a month.

Part of the issue there is that Cunny wants to role 4 lines. Because of injuries, Moen is on the Plek line. They are great at shutting down team's top lines. Moen also plays PK. If you disect minutes played and always demmand that certain players get the minutes, you will be disapointed every time.

I agree that I like the idea of rolling lines instead of shortening the bench and wearing down players.

It was certainly the first game where - once that abysmal first 20 minutes were over - Cunneyworth seemed to be actually having an impact. Maybe I'm delusional, but I really felt we got stronger in the two-way game as things went on; a rare case of the team actually getting better rather than worse over 60 minutes, and one that may well have to do with bench management and in-game adjustments. (Although, admittedly, the key variable was probably getting a fat lead and not having to shorten the bench).

It seemed the habs only got in trouble tonight when they were weak to clearing the puck, the D need to take their time and reverse direction instead of shooting a backhand clear, how many times has Gill backhanded trying to clear the puck only to have it be kept alive.

I'm really pulling for RC now. What was he supposed to do? Refuse the offer to coach the team because of language? I hope all that garbage slows down, and that we get to see what he can do as head coach. Not a single person on here can comment on his abilities yet, let's hope he surprises us.

I'd also add that in the past, when the habs had a PP and were protecting a lead they tended to go in a defensive shell. Tonight they actually went for it and scored a nice goal in the process.

It was certainly the first game where - once that abysmal first 20 minutes were over - Cunneyworth seemed to be actually having an impact. Maybe I'm delusional, but I really felt we got stronger in the two-way game as things went on; a rare case of the team actually getting better rather than worse over 60 minutes, and one that may well have to do with bench management and in-game adjustments. (Although, admittedly, the key variable was probably getting a fat lead and not having to shorten the bench).

+1.

It would be interesting to see the reaction of the French media/politicians if Cunneyworth went on the type of run NJ had last year under Lemaire.

I'm really pulling for RC now. What was he supposed to do? Refuse the offer to coach the team because of language? I hope all that garbage slows down, and that we get to see what he can do as head coach. Not a single person on here can comment on his abilities yet, let's hope he surprises us.

Excellent comment. I am in total agreement. IMO, the team looked very bad in the 1st period, despite the fact that it scored 3 goals against one. The guys got stronger as a team in the 2nd period and they looked in control in the last one. The Sens might have had a bad outing, but once they got the lead, the Habs gave them no chance of coming back. Promising, but it has to be followed by a bunch of wins. It won't be easy.