Habs @ Panthers - December 31, 2011

bar

absolutely no speed... standing around.. dump with no chase.. this is brutal to watch. Florida welcomes the Habs.. no better way to get out of a slump.

I look forward to Price being pulled as we lose posession and give up an easy empty netter...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well at least the leafs lost. IF ottawa gets at least a point, it will knock the make-beliefs out of a playoff spot.

and there is the empty netter.

On the bright side, NYI's won and we are getting closer to a lottery position.

An Cole scores, too little to late. How many times has it been where we have scored after the empty netter???

That's all she wrote boys and girls. We're not climbing back into 8th. It hurts, but why should we care, when the players don't?

probably because i've been a habs fan for over 30 years longer then any of these bums have been habs.

I've been a habsfan since than the ESPN boards created this place (tryin to brag here without anything to brag aboutbut still before the horrible and after the Oled Petrov years) and this is the first year ever that we have actuallly been able to get a lottery pick except from 2005. We might as well just give this year up... and DAMN YOU Gauthier if u trade this pick for a longshot crapplayer. Cole is the first UFA signing in years that is actually worth it.

Season's over...we could go on a run to get into 8th, but why? This team needs a rebuild. The players we have are nowhere near contention. Time for a new coach/gm, clean house, and get a lottery pick. Florida were dunces, now they are a 4-8th team. The right moves CAN make a big difference, look at the Bruins. About the racial slur, who can worry about it? Pk is an effusive personality, and will be the best Black NHLer of all time. Krys Barch is irrelevant. On the positive, being a working guy, the NHL center ice package is an expense for me, I work to see these guys play. Alexei Emelin makes it worth the money. This guy is a brick shithouse, a very clean player, who will be one of the most dominant physical forces in the NHL. I'm happy to see Cunneyworth make a place for him. This season is lost, and I would rather have a lost season than see this team be a 6th thru 8th also ran. This is the Habs. Winning is what this franchise is about.

This is getting crazy. First it was Martin Martin Martin for 2 years. Now everyone is seeing that it isn't Martin. It's the team. On paper this team looked good this year.

Injuries, no Markov, no defense, and too many midgets brought me to the realization that the team is just not that good. I said it many times when people were calling for Martin's head. I even said that without his system, Price would see more high quality scoring chances and would be blamed for more goals. All these things are happening. You could see such a stressed look on gauthier's face. It will be interesting to see what happens before the deadline.

YAWN, another pathetic effert.

They are quickly moving to a lottery pick.

Just my opinion, they should be looking to maove alot of players, no reason they should not have at least 2 first rounders this year and a couple young prospects.

Price, Emelin and Cole were pretty good. I like Emelin way better on the LD.

YAWN, another pathetic effert.

They are quickly moving to a lottery pick.

Just my opinion, they should be looking to maove alot of players, no reason they should not have at least 2 first rounders this year and a couple young prospects.

Price, Emelin and Cole were pretty good. I like Emelin way better on the LD.

Yep, agreed, Emelin looks a lot better on the left side. He's just more comfortable there...

So how long before PG starts disassembling this team? They will certainly be sellers come the deadline. All that remains to be seen is who gets shipped out and how high a draft pick they get.

I didn't see this game, but predicted a dog, and it seems I was right. The players aren't stupid - they knew that loss to TB pretty much put paid to any playoff hopes this season. They just don't have the collective self-belief to respond to that crushing blow with the energy of desperation; listlessness was the predictable outcome.

Kamal, in response to your query, if I am PG I begin the process of selling now. Let the auction ratchet itself up for the next few weeks, then pull the trigger on

-Kosty IF he can't be signed (but try to sign him)

-Gorges IF he can't be signed (but try, try, try to sign him)

-Gill

-Moen, only because his value is at a maximum and only if I get good quality back, otherwise he's the type of blood-and-guts dude we need

-Campoli

-Weber, who appears to be the odd man out on D

-Cammy IF I can get a big cog back (or if he wants out)

Gomez won't be moveable until healthy, if at all. In fact one of the most important variables for the rest of this season is Gomez returning healthy and playing well. That will make a trade possible. Gionta I'd prefer to keep since his value is low now and he is a character player.

If we can get some decent picks and a solid prospect or two back, plus perhaps a bigger piece with Cammyinvolved, then you retain most of the current core, retool with UFAs and move forward, armed with an enriched pool of picks and young talent.

Really disappointing season, though. It ranks behind only 2009 in my recent memory of deep Habs let-downs.

EDIT: BCHabnut, I defended Martin all along...but I still wouldn't infer from their struggles under RC that this team is 'bad' in terms of lacking talent or the capacity for character. Again: the same bunch went to the Semis and then got 96 points last season. I think it's more that a lethal combination of injuries PLUS core guys quitting on JM; this has led to weeks of futility and a team with zero chemistry and even less collective self-confidence. Frankly, I don't blame Martin, I blame the players who quit on Martin rather than rally together to overcome all the adversity. They poisoned the well for this season.

i am more concerned with the lack of a big Canadian Center in the draft....there are a couple of good players, but if we could make a package that looks like Cammy and our 1st to get a guy like Getslaf i would do it in a heart beat.

Getslaf would instantly make our entire forward core better, pushes Plecs back to the 2nd C spot he deserves, with Eller in the 3rd C spot.

Gio Getslaf Cole

Patches Pleks Leblanc

Moen Eller Gomez

White Niok Darche

just assume everyone else is in the forward core is traded for picks...I would even give our 1st and 2nd in this years draft with Cammy to get Getslaf

i am more concerned with the lack of a big Canadian Center in the draft....there are a couple of good players, but if we could make a package that looks like Cammy and our 1st to get a guy like Getslaf i would do it in a heart beat.

Getslaf would instantly make our entire forward core better, pushes Plecs back to the 2nd C spot he deserves, with Eller in the 3rd C spot.

Gio Getslaf Cole

Patches Pleks Leblanc

Moen Eller Gomez

White Niok Darche

just assume everyone else is in the forward core is traded for picks...I would even give our 1st and 2nd in this years draft with Cammy to get Getslaf

We won't get Getslaf, but - why does the big centre have to be Canadian? Who cares?

Gio Getslaf Cole

Patches Pleks Leblanc

Moen Eller Gomez

White Niok Darche

No way would I want to move our 1st and 2nd plus cammy for Getzlaf. I like Getzlaf, but not enough to move a potential lottery pick, a 2nd and Cammy for him. On the other hand, i would move the same guys for the big "Russian" centre Malkin - not because he is Russian, but because he is one of the top 4 players in the game.

I don't know why we need a big "Canadian" centre??? This is as bad as the narrow-minded nonsense that we need a "French" coach and GM!!

No way would I want to move our 1st and 2nd plus cammy for Getzlaf. I like Getzlaf, but not enough to move a potential lottery pick, a 2nd and Cammy for him. On the other hand, i would move the same guys for the big "Russian" centre Malkin - not because he is Russian, but because he is one of the top 4 players in the game.

I don't know why we need a big "Canadian" centre??? This is as bad as the narrow-minded nonsense that we need a "French" coach and GM!!

No kidding. Don't move a lottery pick for anything. And yeah, I guess Peter Forsberg was a second-rater because he's not 'Canadian' :rolleyes:

Well I get what he is saying i mean who are the top hardest workers on the habs night in night out...

Price, Cole, Max, Georges... when healthy White. All North American. Of course this is a huge generalization. It completely depends on the individual, drafting on nationality is pointless. If the player has a bit of a shady history in the effort department, then don't draft him.

So you don't think markov and pleks are among the hardest working habs over the last 5 years when HEALTHY?????

Has Getzlaf been consistent this year???? For the most part he's played like shit!!!

Pleks has not been his usual self offensively this year, but has still been more consistent then Maxpac.

I'd also add Ak46 and Emelin to that list. Along with Cole they have been our most physical players.

This is the typical don cherry type of stereotypical crap that gets pushed without any merit. There are more Canadian players, so you have more examples of hard working Canadians. What about the lazy or inconsistent north american or even lazy or inconsistent Quebecers we have had like Lapierre, Lats, ribeiro, dagenies, Pouliot, Cammy, Gomez, MAB, campoli, or gill. I could come up with a lot more lazy and inconsistent Canadians and north Americans we have had then Europeans and Russians - not because they are more lazy or inconsistent, but because the population size is larger.

Well I get what he is saying i mean who are the top hardest workers on the habs night in night out...

Price, Cole, Max, Georges... when healthy White. All North American. Of course this is a huge generalization. It completely depends on the individual, drafting on nationality is pointless. If the player has a bit of a shady history in the effort department, then don't draft him.

Remember when Ottawa acquired Heatly? All the fans were in ecstasies because they finally had that 'Canadian' star who was gonna lead them to glory after all those years of soft Euro-trash. How'd that work out? :rolleyes:

So you don't think markov and pleks are among the hardest working habs over the last 5 years when HEALTHY?????

Has Getzlaf been consistent this year???? For the most part he's played like shit!!!

Pleks has not been his usual self offensively this year, but has still been more consistent then Maxpac.

I'd also add Ak46 and Emelin to that list. Along with Cole they have been our most physical players.

This is the typical don cherry type of stereotypical crap that gets pushed without any merit. There are more Canadian players, so you have more examples of hard working Canadians. What about the lazy or inconsistent north american or even lazy or inconsistent Quebecers we have had like Lapierre, Lats, ribeiro, dagenies, Pouliot, Cammy, Gomez, MAB, campoli, or gill. I could come up with a lot more lazy and inconsistent Canadians and north Americans we have had then Europeans and Russians - not because they are more lazy or inconsistent, but because the population size is larger.

I have loads of respect for Pleks he has been our best skater for a while now, I was more talking over the last little while I can see his reasoning. As I said its a huge generalization for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I wasn't agreeing I was saying that I can see the reasoning for wanting a Canadian I mean isn't it a fact the team with the most Canadians tends to win the cup? I know it was that way with Boston and Anaheim. I don't agree with it, but I can see the reasoning.

What about Detroit???

I have loads of respect for Pleks he has been our best skater for a while now, I was more talking over the last little while I can see his reasoning. As I said its a huge generalization for exactly the reasons you mentioned. I wasn't agreeing I was saying that I can see the reasoning for wanting a Canadian I mean isn't it a fact the team with the most Canadians tends to win the cup? I know it was that way with Boston and Anaheim. I don't agree with it, but I can see the reasoning.

well at least Yemelin is some fun to watch.

But when Plekanec, Gionta, Cammalleri, Gomez and Markov have 24 total goals combined for 1/2 season and Stamkos has 26, it seems that a $30m group of players is underachieving just a bit.

I know, it is just too easy to find negative #s right now, but with this top player production, do we need to dig any deeper as to why I am already looking towards the draft in June and hoping for some trades for the future.

Gauthier looked like he gonna jump from the bleacher seats last night.

What a great effort by Cole on last goal, what a super pick up he seems to be, too bad he isnt rubbing off on some other forwards.