Habs @ Panthers - December 31, 2011

bar

well at least Yemelin is some fun to watch.

But when Plekanec, Gionta, Cammalleri, Gomez and Markov have 24 total goals combined for 1/2 season and Stamkos has 26, it seems that a $30m group of players is underachieving just a bit.

I know, it is just too easy to find negative #s right now, but with this top player production, do we need to dig any deeper as to why I am already looking towards the draft in June and hoping for some trades for the future.

Gauthier looked like he gonna jump from the bleacher seats last night.

What a great effort by Cole on last goal, what a super pick up he seems to be, too bad he isnt rubbing off on some other forwards.

You're spot on, but note that three of the five have been decimated with injuries this season. I think we forget just how much injuries have hurt this team.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're spot on, but note that three of the five have been decimated with injuries this season. I think we forget just how much injuries have hurt this team.

It's not just the injuries, its the team softness. Cammy and Gomez have not shown the willingness to get their nose dirty.

It's not just the injuries, its the team softness. Cammy and Gomez have not shown the willingness to get their nose dirty.

I agree. But I don't actually think we were a soft team over the past two seasons, especially not in the playoffs. That's really my point - I get antsy when I detect people taking the past three months as defining the players on this team for all time. Wasn't referring to you in particular.

wow I really wasnt expecting the kind of response you guys had to my last comment....believe me I am not a redneck and I dont care where the player comes from but, I am from europe myself....but I am emphasizing the need to start playing hardnosed hockey, and I just dont know if I see any of those type of players high in the draft this year (I also dont want to wait 3-4 years for the development time of most prospects). Not to mention I dont know if I really trust our scouting all that much.

I know that some of you will say Ovechkin or Forsberg are a prime examples of european power forwards. But my response would be that for every Ovechkin there are 4-5 Semins or Zherdevs.

We dont need anymore of these types of players.....plus I am no expert but I've noticed the crop of high end centers looks a little weak after Grigorenko. And unless we really shit the bed I think Columbus is gonna take him 1st overall.

i know i know, i didnt say why nor really care at this point how we got to this record, it is just a fact that when your top forwards and top scoring d-man are not scoring, any team is dead in the water, that is all, 29 other teams have injuries as well and like i said it is just too easy to find fault with team's failure.