Subban and Pleks.. Drop em and go....

brobin

Apparently, Pleks and Subban threw some punches in practice today. They were pulled apart and practice carried on.

As expected, they didn't really connect and no one was hurt. :)

I expect the ususal crap said about Subban, but really, its about time this team got mad. Pleks hasn't done shit lately and Subban has struggled. I am glad they are both frustrated.

I am also sure some people will go on and on about a split in the room, or big troubles on the team, or people hate Subban, or they hate Pleks, etc. Let's not over do it. The team sucks, players are frustrated. It happens.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384018

Well, I have a running theory that there are major chemistry problems in the room (no real evidence, just a gut feeling from having seen it before). But I wouldn't have expected Pleks and Subban, blood-and-guts guys both, to be at the heart of it. I figured it was more Gorges/Gill vs. Cammy/Gomez, something like that. So I'm betting you're right Brobin, this is more a symptom of two guys angry at being on a losing team than deep personality conflicts. Time will tell, eh!

The interesting part is how bad Plek has played. He took some brutal penalties. Frankly, his lazy penalties are no different from the lazy plays subban made before his sit down. I would consider sitting Pleks for a game just like Subban was sat.

Still, the fact is both Pleks and Subban set very high standards for themselves and both have struggled. If they didn't care, they wouldn't be in such foul moods, so I am not as surprised they were the too losing their cool.

Meanwhile, Gorges just earned some of that salary with his reffing job.

PK took his share of the blame (when he sat and in the interviews afterwards) yet it seemed like Pleks got off scott free.

Maybe PK mentioned he sat out for his crap play and asked Pleks how come he didn't have too..........

Typically, this is about practice intensity going up as players are frustrated and someone hits someone a bit harder then the guy expects. I could see both of these guys practicing harder then normal right now given how they are struggling.

The Habs get into a fight with each other every season. Heck, that's the 2nd one this year. The only interesting part of it is Subban is usually involved.

You are correct and Subban is usually in the middle (or it seems that way), whether it was prospect camp or over past 2 years with Habs, i hope it is only because he is more intense or something and not still immaturity? Fights at practice do happen, but Plekanec still seemed a bit pissed when interviewed and said "the players need to all get on same page before they can start winning again".

This is a little far fetched, but Pleks always benefited from JM's system which focused so much on defense. Now with the new coach maybe PK has had the mentality that he can free roam a bit more and Pleks is tired of seeing the costly mistakes PK keeps making and having to cover up for him, due to being out of position. He probably wants him to be more defensive and because of his own personal slump was quick to fire at PK if it was brought up.

Pleks is in a slump, the team is in a slump, coaching and game play changes, PK has been in a funk... It isn't surprising to see these two at it as they are players who wouldn't back down. Could have something to do with PK's youth and possible immaturity but I don't think this will develop into a rift of any kind over the long run.

• 2 weeks later...

No one wants PK to play with the exuberance he showed in the past, yet that's when he played his best. Nothing like playing under Montreal's Ridiculous Spotlight to take all passion out of the game. Maybe we can run another future stud out of town with this mentality. Maybe if Subban weren't second guessing every move he made, worried he'd get in trouble with either coaching staff or players, he'd play with that loosey-goosey ability that wins games.

But no, we feel the need to collar him. So, dumass.

I wonder if we're going to trade him during his sophomore slump season. You know, the season when a very large percentage of players struggle? Only to see him come back and rock our worlds endlessly for the next 15 years. Sounds like a Montreal thing to do.

As strange as the management decisions are, i can't beleive they would trade Subban. That's just dumb. ZUnless it's striaght up for another young Dman like Bagosian, Myers, something like that.

Pleks on the other hand could be moved tomorrow and i wouldn't care