Winnipeg vs Montreal, 7:30 PM, Jan. 4

dlbalr

I'm on lunch at work so no fancy stuff today...

Winnipeg:

Kane - Stapleton - Wheeler

Ladd - Antropov - Wellwood

Glass - Burmistrov - Miettinen

Fehr - Slater - Thorburn

Hainsey - Enstrom

Oduya - Bogosian

Stuart - Flood

Pavelec

Montreal:

Cole - Plekanec - Cammalleri *

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kostitsyn

Moen - Eller - Blunden

Darche - Nokelainen - Weber

Gorges - Subban

Gill - Kaberle *

Emelin - Diaz

Price

* - Cammalleri/Kaberle both missed today's skate. There seems to be some speculation that Campoli will play, I presume he'd take Kaberle's spot. Leblanc is expected to be a scratch.

Puck drop is at 7:30, on TSN and RDS.

:1gohabs:

On a side note Colton orr is on waivers right now. I wonder if Cunneyworth will request picking him up. I'd much rather see Orr as a 4th line winger than say Weber or even Leblanc.

I would sign him. I'm kind of tired of watching Price getting ran over every night and players just skating away. He's defiantley an upgrade over Weber and Blunden. I wonder why Leblanc would be a scratch? Something wrong with a guy who goes to the net and gets soem points?

Atleast they finally figured out Emelin should be on the LD.

4-1 Jets

Carolina and the Islanders got pints last night which is good news.

Another game thread, another impending loss - caused by a third-period collapse to boot, no doubt.

Orr, why the hell not.

why not just dress Big George and sit him on bench, he is still getting paid isnt he (sorry, Orr is about as useless isnt he?)

Islanders are just 1 point behind with 2 games in hand, 27th place is just around the corner baby!

The last top ten pick turned out pretty nicely for Habs (#31). As did their last 2nd round pick (#76).

unlike BGL, Orr actually drops the gloves and fights. he'll win more than he loses.

If we have to watch a snozze fest every night at least Orr will stick up for his team mates.

Orr hasn't been fighting at near the same rate as he was prior to suffering his latest concussion.

I think you'd be picking up another Laraque.

This time last year, he fought like crazy... but this season, not been used near as much, not as many fights, and not as good play either.

That stinks, his poor play won't be an issue with this team. he'll fit right in. Probably be moved up in the line up as well.

A fighter who doesn't fight is not a good match for these cream puffs.

Hmm I am shocked at the demotion of Leblanc to a scratch...he HAS to be better than Blunden and Weber and Darche...he seemed to just be getting his stride...I'll never understand NHL coaches.

Orr hasn't been fighting at near the same rate as he was prior to suffering his latest concussion.

I think you'd be picking up another Laraque.

This time last year, he fought like crazy... but this season, not been used near as much, not as many fights, and not as good play either.

he fighting is minute. I am thinking more of a guy who can actually skate at this level and has the ability th throw big hits on a forecheck. Crash and bang and drop the gloves on the odd occasion. I don;t want just a goon.

he fighting is minute. I am thinking more of a guy who can actually skate at this level and has the ability th throw big hits on a forecheck. Crash and bang and drop the gloves on the odd occasion. I don;t want just a goon.

Agreed, I want this player, and Ideally a similar type player to be part of our top 6 Defence for next season as well.

But I don't think Colton Orr is your guy on this issue, even if you want a forward. Not given the state of his career.

I think the major concussion he suffered took a lot out of his game, and I'm not even sure he was good enough at the role you want to begin with.

Hmm I am shocked at the demotion of Leblanc to a scratch...he HAS to be better than Blunden and Weber and Darche...he seemed to just be getting his stride...I'll never understand NHL coaches.

Randy should just come out and announce that scratching Leblanc is the retaliation to all those "The Coach must Speak French" pundits.

Agreed, I want this player, and Ideally a similar type player to be part of our top 6 Defence for next season as well.

But I don't think Colton Orr is your guy on this issue, even if you want a forward. Not given the state of his career.

I think the major concussion he suffered took a lot out of his game, and I'm not even sure he was good enough at the role you want to begin with.

No doubt his concussion is an issue. Will he be the next Todd Fedoruk for instance? I also didn't realize he had that extra year of contract. He's the type of player I think we need however. Blunden can skate and is a pretty good hitter but he has no body mass. I always wanted to see Artukhin but that ship has sailed.

No doubt his concussion is an issue. Will he be the next Todd Fedoruk for instance? I also didn't realize he had that extra year of contract. He's the type of player I think we need however. Blunden can skate and is a pretty good hitter but he has no body mass. I always wanted to see Artukhin but that ship has sailed.

Agreed, we need that type of guy. Just don't think Orr is the answer.

I liked Artukhin too.

Another name brought up a lot is Konopka, but I hate him.

It should be noted that the lines are a guess as officially, every player is a game time decision. To me, that implies there could be an 'interesting' scratch or two, provided Cammalleri/Kaberle aren't actually hurt (as a reason for missing practice).

This should prove to be a hostile crowd. Isn't tonight the big protest game or did that happen earlier? I wouldn't want to be Randy. There were already "fire JM" boo-birds behind the bench earlier in the season. And team Canada losing feels like Habs fans got kicked while being down. :( I wonder how many other fans feel this way.

Go Habs Go. Time's up!

It should be noted that the lines are a guess as officially, every player is a game time decision. To me, that implies there could be an 'interesting' scratch or two, provided Cammalleri/Kaberle aren't actually hurt (as a reason for missing practice).

Hopefully, Cammalleri is scratched because he is moving to another roster for picks/prospects! But not Kaberle, Habs can use his offense and experiance going forward with such a young group of d-men.

This should prove to be a hostile crowd. Isn't tonight the big protest game or did that happen earlier? I wouldn't want to be Randy. There were already "fire JM" boo-birds behind the bench earlier in the season. And team Canada losing feels like Habs fans got kicked while being down. :( I wonder how many other fans feel this way.

Go Habs Go. Time's up!

I thought it was today too but I read somewhere they're saving it now for the Saturday game. Frankly, I hope it never happens as I don't see any possible good coming from it.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUP. Just looking at the Jan. Wallpaper (thumbs up once again) and the Habs play 8 of 11 at home this month........

LET it out FANS, LET it OUT.......... :devil: The frustration with the TEAM not the Language crap

Maybe Gainey could go behind the bench as a figurehead who runs some aspect of the play and have him sit with Randy during pressers. That's how ridiculous this whole situation is, I can suggest something totally crazy that would never happen but just might under these current wacko circumstances. :wacko:

Maybe Gainey could go behind the bench as a figurehead who runs some aspect of the play and have him sit with Randy during pressers. That's how ridiculous this whole situation is, I can suggest something totally crazy that would never happen but just might under these current wacko circumstances. :wacko:

We can debate Bob Gainey for the next 6 months. But personally I don't want him anywhere near this team. And I hope he has zero say in how this team moves forward.