Oklahoma City @ Hamilton, Jan. 8, 3 PM EST

dlbalr

The Bulldogs end their 3-in-3 series looking for a sweep as they host former Hamilton goalie Yann Danis and the league leading Barons in another afternoon affair.

button_okc.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Phillipe Cornet (17)

Assists: Keller/Helmer (15)

+/-: Ryan Keller (+13)

PIMS: Triston Grant (74)

button_ham.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Andreas Engqvist (10)

Assists: Brian Willsie (14)

+/-: Andreas Engqvist (+10)

PIMS: Zack FitzGerald (122)

Puck drop is at 3:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Yep, Dipronio is the backup while Mayer is in once again. It looks like the same lineup as last game as well which bugs me as I'd much rather see Nattinen in over Lefebvre.

1-0 Bulldogs at the halfway point as Engqvist scored to extend his point streak to 8 straight. Avtsin and Palushaj (also on a hot streak with 9 points in his last 4.5 games) had the assists.

any news on the injury to Louis Leblanc? He took either a stick or elbow in the kisser in the third and was in a lot of trouble. His gloves sat on the ice for a couple minutes until the next whistle. It was amazing that neither of the referees made a call after they seem to call a lot of chintzy stuff earlier (duelling whistles). Not impressed with Vinnerborg (aka the Swedish Meatball) and think he is being fastracked into NHL officiating. Late penalty call on Pulashaj also seemed like the officials were trying to add a sense of drama and the penalty call could have easily gone either way. I get frustrated where the post game shows goes on with stats ad nauseum for 45 minutes but no actual discussion takes place-what is the goalie situation for example (is Delmas coming up, what is Lawson's diagnosis), whether some of the calls were ligit (I understand the league threatens broadcasters who are overly cricitical), injury status on Bishop, Nash, Conboy and if we might see any Habs sent to Hamilton for rehab (for example White). There is so more that could be done

I don't know about Leblanc's injury but here is what I do know on some of the other stuff:

- Bishop and Nash, both are out long, long term. I've heard both could miss the entire year.

- Conboy (and Berger), long-term but not season ending injuries.

- White - highly doubtful he'll go for a conditioning stint, the Habs seem dead set against those for some reason.

- Delmas - played and won again today; with lots of time off now I would expect he'll be up for Friday's game (but may not come right away) if Lawson has more of a serious concussion.