Blues @ Canadiens

bar

I will give you cole and Patches. eller and AK are soft players and not that big. Moen is a okay, but he is not top 6. Our skill guys are Pleks, Gionta, Gomez, and Cammy.. that is too many who are too small.

We have made progress, but we need more and they have to be tough and big. Emelin is bigger then Gill from my perspective.

Eller and AK are soft? AK has consistently been among the top players on our team in hits, and is one of the few who go to the net regularly.

Eller best assets are winning board battles, protecting the puck, absorbing hits, and playing on the cycle.

I don't see either guy as soft.

Agreed that there is still room for improvement on Forward, and a big #2 C would be a great addition,

But I really feel that if there is somewhere more size and strength is needed its on defence. We could really use another big mean defenceman back there.

• Upvote 1

Eller and AK are soft? AK has consistently been among the top players on our team in hits, and is one of the few who go to the net regularly.

Eller best assets are winning board battles, protecting the puck, absorbing hits, and playing on the cycle.

I don't see either guy as soft.

Agreed that there is still room for improvement on Forward, and a big #2 C would be a great addition,

But I really feel that if there is somewhere more size and strength is needed its on defence. We could really use another big mean defenceman back there.

AK hits along the boards, but he is not a big, drive the net guy. He does it sometimes. He is a "jabber", not a knockout guy.

I would like to see another Emelin too. Plus a big center. Plus a big winger (like Cole), plus some real nasty 4th liners. I want us to be a hard working, hard to play against team.

Think Boston with some class. :)

AK hits along the boards, but he is not a big, drive the net guy. He does it sometimes. He is a "jabber", not a knockout guy.

I would like to see another Emelin too. Plus a big center. Plus a big winger (like Cole), plus some real nasty 4th liners. I want us to be a hard working, hard to play against team.

Think Boston with some class. :)

A fourth line of Moen - Noke - White would be fine, we've just never seen it.

Add me another big centre, and someone who can put up pts and I'm fine at fwd personally.

Its on the Defensive end where we couldn't contain the St. Louis forwards.

I've already figured out who Trevor Timmins is gonna draft if we don't land in the bottom 2.

Team will force him away from defence and tell him to take a forward.

So I found the guy

- tons of talent, great skater, two way player.

- blew out his knee and isn't playing

- Father was a member of the Belarus National Hockey Team

- Born in the USA

- 6'1 but only 185 lbs

We might as well start buying Galchenyuk hockey jerseys now, Timmins won't be able to resist this guy.

I've already figured out who Trevor Timmins is gonna draft if we don't land in the bottom 2.

So I found the guy

- Born in the USA

- 6'1 but only 185 lbs

We might as well start buying Galchenyuk hockey jerseys now, Timmins won't be able to resist this guy.

LOL... oh wait.. you might be right... :cry_smile:

Blew out his knee...

Perfect he can play with Markov

Play NHL 13 on xbox that is.

Fail for Nail

Good night for Habs in terms of getting closer to the bottom.

Looking through the sched for rest of the year I think 12 wins is possible.

3 ot/so losses

66 points - 29th in the NHL

WWYW

Bar, you are too nice.

I blame the players. they are awfull. I guess a quick winless week should get the ball moving on more trades.

Pleks another outstanding evening, minus 2. minus 15 in his last 20 games ouch!

the entire defense was incredibly bad as well.

one day closer to the fire burning sale.

Bar, you are too nice.

I blame the players. they are awfull. I guess a quick winless week should get the ball moving on more trades.

Pleks another outstanding evening, minus 2. minus 15 in his last 20 games ouch!

the entire defense was incredibly bad as well.

one day closer to the fire burning sale.

In my opinion, there won't be a fire burning sale. That's just not how this organization operates. That theory only exists on a website like this. Sure, they might dump a useless player with an expiring contract, like Campoli. But that's about it. I really expected more from this team last night. I thought they'd at least get a loser point.

I blame Brian for this loss! You spit in the eyes of the superstition gods Brian...why didnt you make the GDT!!!

You know why, I did mention it at the beginning of the thread. I'll probably do the GDT for tomorrow's game tonight just in case I'm unable to get out of bed tomorrow as is what happened until yesterday afternoon.

If TB and the Isles win their game in hand, MTL would get the 5th overall pick. It's getting closer and closer to that point in the season. Sink or swim, boys. Sink or swim. Honestly, you just have to think that, under the waves, there are concrete cuffs on their ankles...

So I found the guy

- Born in the USA

- 6'1 but only 185 lbs

i think you are trying to be sarcastic??

Galchenyuk will likely be long gone by Habs choice and he would be exactly what Habs need, i am scared by ever picking Russians, but top end skill and a big centre like this fellow would be fine by me and he is not really a russian..

i think you are trying to be sarcastic??

Galchenyuk will likely be long gone by Habs choice and he would be exactly what Habs need, i am scared by ever picking Russians, but top end skill and a big centre like this fellow would be fine by me and he is not really a russian..

Galchenyuk was ranked 5th by McKenzie prior to the season.

That was before he stunk at the Hlinka tournament, and before he blew out his knee in preseason.

He basically hasn't played all year as he's been hurt.

He's also not exactly big... 6'1 185 lbs. He's not small, but he's not the "big centre" you make him out to be. He plays a speed game, he's not small, and Brendan Gaunce may only be 1 inch taller, but he's got 30lbs more on his frame and he's far closer to playing a big man's game than Galchenyuk is.

If the Habs picked today they'd have the 7th pick. I think based on his injury, and the play of some of the other high ranking players, there is a very, very good shot he's still on the board when the Habs pick.

I dont' mind him, but the knee thing scares me.... I'd much rather try and get the top 2 pick and get Grigorenko.

Galchenyuk was ranked 5th by McKenzie prior to the season.

That was before he stunk at the Hlinka tournament, and before he blew out his knee in preseason.

He basically hasn't played all year as he's been hurt.

He's also not exactly big... 6'1 185 lbs. He's not small, but he's not the "big centre" you make him out to be. He plays a speed game, he's not small, and Brendan Gaunce may only be 1 inch taller, but he's got 30lbs more on his frame and he's far closer to playing a big man's game than Galchenyuk is.

If the Habs picked today they'd have the 7th pick. I think based on his injury, and the play of some of the other high ranking players, there is a very, very good shot he's still on the board when the Habs pick.

I dont' mind him, but the knee thing scares me.... I'd much rather try and get the top 2 pick and get Grigorenko.

Sure, i just thought you were pokng fun, because knee and Belasusian/Russian connection (Kostitsyn underachieveing/Markov injury), and dismissing on those factors alone. Sizes seem to vary for all juniors, some have him 6'1" 195-198lb and others a tad bit smaller.

Habs a lottery pick? would just be too sweet, but they just aint bad enough and i see finishing 10th to 12th in East.

So i think the best they could hope for, would be Dumba/Murray or maybe Forsberg/Grigorenko. Gaunce has been rising and is right around where Habs will likely pick and on paper his size is impressive (like a Mark McNeil last year), but as skillful as one of Czechs Faksa or Frk (another injured prospect)? I have never seen Gaunce play but he seems like a OK prospect from what i have read (and he is Canadian which is also a plus).

Sure, i just thought you were pokng fun, because knee and Belasusian/Russian connection (Kostitsyn underachieveing/Markov injury), and dismissing on those factors alone. Sizes seem to vary for all juniors, some have him 6'1" 195-198lb and others a tad bit smaller.

Habs a lottery pick? would just be too sweet, but they just aint bad enough and i see finishing 10th to 12th in East.

It was said tongue in cheek based on our drafting history.

That said,, if healthy Galenchyuk was a great player last year, so if we draft him, i love the talent, just worry about health.

So i think the best they could hope for, would be Dumba/Murray or maybe Forsberg/Grigorenko. Gaunce has been rising and is right around where Habs will likely pick and on paper his size is impressive (like a Mark McNeil last year), but as skillful as one of Czechs Faksa or Frk (another injured prospect)? I have never seen Gaunce play but he seems like a OK prospect from what i have read (and he is Canadian which is also a plus).

Grigorenko will go top 2. Mark my words he will not be around at number 3. Grigo is better than Galchenyuk.

I've seen Gaunce, and I love him as the Habs potential pick. If we are picking 5 or later, he'd be who I want.

I hope if we are in the spot that Murray or Dumba or another D is gonna go, we trade down just a little and get more picks. We need to get a centre.