Lucic - Krejci - Horton

Pouliot - Bergeron - Seguin

Kelly - Hamill - Peverley

Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Boychuk

Seidenberg - Corvo

Ference - McQuaid

Thomas

Puck drop is at 7:00, on TSN, RDS, and NHL Network in the US.

:1gohabs:

Cammalleri needs to be put on Eller's wing for the night. Plex needs to play defensive minutes; i.e. be quasi-benched. Desh needs to prove that he can hold his own against the best, because if he can't, then PG needs to be thinking about how we can replace the water bug with a more effective element.

He is already being punished by playing with Pleks. I beleive the Eller line is the 2nd most effective offensive line. He already has Blunden on his other wing. What else can you do.

I actually want him to get hot and trade him.

This will be another blowout. 6-1 Bruins.

This could be a Flames-esque disaster in Beantown if the boys don't show up ready to play a smash-mouth, fast-paced game for 60 minutes. Couple that with the fact that the MTL powerplay has been anemic all year, and the Bruins will have no problem running players and taking penalties to set a tone since they PP isnt dangerous.

I honestly hope no one gets seriously injured.

To beat the Bruins, the Habs need to play with the kind of determination, guts, and team commitment that we brought to the table against them all last season.

Cammy's comments make that highly unlikely, because most of his teammates probably want to rip him a new one as much as they want to beat the Bruins.

Get ready for a humiliation. Chris is right, 6-1 sounds about right.

I think the game is going to be closer actually. We seem to always play relatively well on Boston ice so I think the Habs can squaek out a victory but the score will be low in the 3-2 range. I also think Cammallari is going to have a big night tonight....at least he has to.

• Upvote 1

Cammy's comments make that highly unlikely, because most of his teammates probably want to rip him a new one as much as they want to beat the Bruins.

I don't see his quote as calling out his teammates so much as the way in which they're coached to play. They may not like that he went public with his comments, but I suspect there are more than a few teammates who completely agree.

I don't see his quote as calling out his teammates so much as the way in which they're coached to play. They may not like that he went public with his comments, but I suspect there are more than a few teammates who completely agree.

You mean they've already given up on Cunneyworth?

Give me a break.

You mean they've already given up on Cunneyworth?

Give me a break.

Given up? No. Not enamoured at this point? Sure. Many players aren't enamoured with Hitchcock either. No one really ever liked Iron Mike. Liking a coach has nothing to do with giving up, or with success. Cammi is frustrated. He should be. Doesn't agree with his usage - fair enough. Doesn't mean he, or anyone else, has given up, though.

I actually think they will win this one.

It is same as when Leafs or Bruins suck, the rivarly always seems to matter more and are 50-50, flip a coin games every time.

Even with Butternuts (#13) still in lineup

cheers

I actually think they will win this one.

It is same as when Leafs or Bruins suck, the rivarly always seems to matter more and are 50-50, flip a coin games every time.

Even with Butternuts (#13) still in lineup

cheers

I hope you're right but every instinct tells me we are set for a total demolition. A team divided against itself gets its ass kicked.

While there's no way of knowing for sure, this may very well be the "make or break" moment for the season. Either they buck up and turn it around, or they die a feeble death. If I'm the GM, I look at the quality of the performance tonight and weigh that with what's ahead and what's happened. My gut tells me *this* is the game.

I think it will be close and this might be a good thing if we beat NHL's fav team or at least shanny's. I am glad Weber is back in the line up to show case him or maybe he will show he is the guy we thought he would be.

I think it will be close and this might be a good thing if we beat NHL's fav team or at least shanny's. I am glad Weber is back in the line up to show case him or maybe he will show he is the guy we thought he would be.

Well, he's obviously better than Subban and Gorges.

Not fully sure about the outcome, but I agree that this won't be a blowout... If we lose by 3 it's because there was an empty netter... My prediction is 4-2. For who? Without being biased, flip a coin... I think it comes down to the bounces tonight.

I hope Weber is just looking at Campoli as to whom he is better than?

I was always a bit worried about his defense, especially being smallish. But unlike Campoli and Kaberle he is still learning the game and no doubt within a couple years he should be a OK to good offensive d-man for some team, but Diaz and Yemelin playing as they are, his hope at playing full time for Habs must be quite low?

And with no 2 way contract and no chance of AHL without being grabbed by some team, it really is likely it is more a showcase for him, if we can get a 2nd round pick for him that would be fair i think?

Well, he's obviously better than Subban and Gorges.

I wouldn't say that but PP i think he is. He has a great shot and gets it on the net and gets it off fast unlike PK. Gorges isn't an offence guy but does make a good first pass. Subban should just play less for a few games he over handles the puck and does these stupid rushes like souray use to do rush all the way down the ice just to dump it in and have our forward standing there flat footed. I would give him 12 mins top a game for a few and make him want it more and bring him down a notch or two. He is still very young and has all the tools just not the box yet.

I hope Weber is just looking at Campoli as to whom he is better than?

I was always a bit worried about his defense, especially being smallish. But unlike Campoli and Kaberle he is still learning the game and no doubt within a couple years he should be a OK to good offensive d-man for some team, but Diaz and Yemelin playing as they are, his hope at playing full time for Habs must be quite low?

And with no 2 way contract and no chance of AHL without being grabbed by some team, it really is likely it is more a showcase for him, if we can get a 2nd round pick for him that would be fair i think?

weber can and has played great in the past and i believe he can again. If we didn't have camp and gil and diaz as well as kaberle all of these guy's aren't overly physical weber would be fine. But we do so it hurts to have another guy like that. i just hope he can put a few in the net or make a few nice O plays out there

Checking out the TSN player ratings, I found it interesting that we have not a single center in the top 40. Boston as 4 centers in the top forty!!! Wow.. They also have two high left wingers (Marchant and Lucic). We have Pacs in the middle and Cammy at 39th. On the right, we have Cole at about 22.

I think Boston having 4 centers in the top 40 statistically shows you what depth means. Frankly, most of their centers would be number one on our team. Pleks didn't even make the list. :(