Montreal vs Boston, 7:00 PM, Jan. 12

dlbalr

I don't see his quote as calling out his teammates so much as the way in which they're coached to play. They may not like that he went public with his comments, but I suspect there are more than a few teammates who completely agree.

I don't see it as either of those things.

Cammalleri talked about the differences between a team that has a "winning mentality" and a "losing mentality" and how the former doesn't care about its opponent because it has the confidence to beat any team. He says that's what the Canadiens had when they eliminated the top-seeded Washington Capitals and the defending Cup-champion Pittsburgh Penguins in 2010, and also when they took the eventual Cup-champion Boston Bruins to overtime of a seventh game last spring.

The team without a winning mentality, however, feels it "needs to play perfect to win," Cammalleri said.

I don't see that as calling out anyone individually... Merely stating that the team needs to start playing with the confidence they had in 2010 playoffs.

I think this is yet another example of reporters making mountains out of molehills in Montreal.

By the way, Price is below Halak (barely), but in the 20s on the list. Diaz made 7th on the rookie list, which ain't bad, but you would think we would have more then that. Toronto had two rookies in the top 40! I would think Emelin would make the list, but he might be short games.

By the way, Price is below Halak (barely), but in the 20s on the list. Diaz made 7th on the rookie list, which ain't bad, but you would think we would have more then that. Toronto had two rookies in the top 40! I would think Emelin would make the list, but he might be short games.

You realize these are fantasy rankings right?

They are all about stats and not who is actually a good player?

Emelin's sole value in those rankings would be hitting. Most leagues don't have hitting as a stat which means fantasy wise, he's effectively useless. That's why he's not on the list.

You realize these are fantasy rankings right?

They are all about stats and not who is actually a good player?

Yes. You realize these reflect how well players are playing this year. How good a player is usually based on several years of performance. With fans, much of it is pure opinion.

One thing that is really pissing me off with Pleks is his failure to go to the net. Earlier in the game (hell, in just about every game), he will have a lane to the net. He could jam in for a chance, or he has a pass. Instead, he always goes around behind the net and comes out the other side, looking for a shot or pass. Usually, all he allows is time for the two D and the back checker to take away the slot.

Pleks has to start cutting in and getting a shot. If nothing else, he will generate a messy scramble in the slot. I am tired of him bailing out and going for a skate.

Yes. You realize these reflect how well players are playing this year. How good a player is usually based on several years of performance. With fans, much of it is pure opinion.

Again, you are complaining that Emelin didn't make the list.

That suggests you don't realize how fantasy rankings work. Its all about Point production with a little bit of PIMs sprinkled in, neiter being something Emelin excels in.

Next you wondered why Price is ranked so low... quite simply because he doesn't have the stats, especially wins, which he isn't gonna get when the team sucks.

Lastly our PP is in the bottom of the league and we aren't a high scoring team, so yes our fantasy stats blow.

Of course I'll ask though, Do you really believe Ian White is the 5th best defenceman in the NHL? or that Adam Henrique is better than Henrik Sedin?

What value are these rankings other than for playing Yahoo fantasy pools?

Fantasy is no way of valuing a player. What about defensive two way players? What about defensive defencemen? Does this look at who line mates are? It completely eliminates defensive play from the equation. Worst way to rate players. Honestly? PIMS are a bonus in fantasy... that doesn't reflect skill at all.

That was a pretty good second half to the period, the Habs had some good chances. Plekanec is playing better and Blunden shockingly doesn't look out of place on that line. As for Cammalleri...well he's not trying any less out there at least.

Again, you are complaining that Emelin didn't make the list.

That suggests you don't realize how fantasy rankings work. Its all about Point production with a little bit of PIMs sprinkled in, neiter being something Emelin excels in.

Next you wondered why Price is ranked so low... quite simply because he doesn't have the stats, especially wins, which he isn't gonna get when the team sucks.

Lastly our PP is in the bottom of the league and we aren't a high scoring team, so yes our fantasy stats blow.

I wasn't complaining. I was a bit surprised at first since it was a long list. I know why Price is low, his stats are not that good. The rankings are based on goals per game, assists per game, and plus minus per game. (except goalies of course).

Boston has 4 centers in the top 40 of the league. We have none. That speaks to our lack of depth in the middle.

I think the game is going to be closer actually. We seem to always play relatively well on Boston ice so I think the Habs can squaek out a victory but the score will be low in the 3-2 range. I also think Cammallari is going to have a big night tonight....at least he has to.

Not sure about Cammy having a big night (although he should after shooting his mouth off) but I definitely see a close game....always seems to be when these two teams clash.

Speaking of Blunden, something I meant to check the other day but forgot. Tonight is his 12th game after his e-recall. As you may remember from a couple years back with Darche, once you hit 10 games the waiver exemption is no longer there. As a result, I suspect he'll be up with the team for the rest of the year, especially since Cunneyworth likes to use him a little more than Martin.

By the way.. go look at the lists. They are pretty reflective of good players and good seasons. Its not PIMs. It is plus minus. There are several good two way players on there. You do realize a good two way player goes both ways.. he gets points and has a good plus minus. :)

In any case.. my point is that only Pacs and Cole make any real showing on these lists, which is pretty reflective of our team lately. Cammy has dropped like a rock. Gionta, never on it this year.

I am not sure why people are arguing. Our team's offensive production has been abysmal. Our plus minus is a joke. It is reflected in these lists. The teams doing well have many names on these lists because they have guys playing well and scoring. ;)

I wasn't complaining. I was a bit surprised at first since it was a long list. I know why Price is low, his stats are not that good. The rankings are based on goals per game, assists per game, and plus minus per game. (except goalies of course).

Boston has 4 centers in the top 40 of the league. We have none. That speaks to our lack of depth in the middle.

Boston has 5 guys at C ranked... but scores a lot of goals, and the reality is that they have 3 Centres, plus 2 guys who are listed as a centre but is really playing wing on that list.

The strength of their entire team is helping right now... more goals... more pts... better +/-

Its no surprise none of our centres are ranked... none of them are putting up stats, and the guy who has the best stats is -12.

The list doesn't mean that Rich Peverley or Chris Kelly is a better player than Tomas Plekanec though, as you seem to imply.

Plus/minus is as much a team stat as an individual one.

Stat of the period: Cammalleri (4:22) is on pace for his lowest game TOI of the season. Seems to me last game he was only slightly higher than that through one.

Well, no real PP time yet to up his time, but perhaps he is being sent a message. Actually, RC basically responded earlier in the day with a "you want more ice time, earn it". I support RC completely in that statement.

Boston has 5 guys at C ranked... but scores a lot of goals, and the reality is that they have 3 Centres, plus 2 guys who are listed as a centre but is really playing wing on that list.

The strength of their entire team is helping right now... more goals... more pts... better +/-

Its no surprise none of our centres are ranked... none of them are putting up stats, and the guy who has the best stats is -12.

The list doesn't mean that Rich Peverley or Chris Kelly is a better player than Tomas Plekanec though, as you seem to imply.

Plus/minus is as much a team stat as an individual one.

I am implying that they are doing a hell of a lot more then Pleks THIS YEAR. I never said to trade anyone based on this list. The piont is, some people were still arguing how we were going to make the playoffs, etc.

Pleks is not having a good year and I don't think I am stating anything controversial with that statement.

I hope Boston stays asleep. We will have a chance if this stays close. My fear is that Boston comes out flying in the 2nd and puts it away.