Cammi's Comments

MK1

"We prepare for our games like losers. We play like losers. So it's no wonder why we lose."

"I'm used to playing 20 minutes a night," he told NHL.com. "I'm not playing as much, so I need to get a little work here in practice to stay in shape."

That is some large talk coming from a guy with no letter on his shirt and who could be the most underperforming player on this team (maybe Plex) this year. His lack of performance has NOTHING to do with Cunny, moreover this is the first time all year that he is actually being held accountable for his shitty play and no-heart efforts most nights by riding the pine alot more.

Sounds like someone wants a ticket out of town, and wanted it publically known at that.

PS - the arrogance to pop off about needing to work harder in practice to stay in shape, Cunny should grab him by the throat and let him know that he is not JM and that he will have to earn his icetime like everyone else.

1. Cammi chose a poor venue to air his frustrations.

2. If you have a high paid star under performing, my opinion is to bench him, either for a period or a game, then play him his 20 minutes and see what happens. Make him responsible for his actions, then tell him to prove himself under ideal conditions.

3. I've said it all year long and Cammi is 100% right. The Habs play not to lose. They don't play to win. I completely agree with this statement. Montreal never dictates play, rather they respond to the play of the opposition. For whatever reason (injuries, etc perhaps) they've been in a defensive shell all year.

Was just listening to Tony Marinaro and have to admit that i agree 100% with what he just said. I hate what Cammalleri said, he through his team and his coaches under the bus and he plays like he has given up on the team but despite what he said, there is still so much truth in it.

Think of this for a second.

Our best player in markov was basically left to train by himself with any involvement from the training staff. As a result he re-aggravated himself and has missed more time. Now he doesn't even train with the team but rather has hired to old trainer Scott Livingstone to now help him.

We fired Pearn to shake things up and then eventually Martin and the only change to the coaching staff was a hire a man who has 0 coaching experience in any level.

We have a GM who does make some good moves but fails to address the needs of this organization,.

We have a small team who get pushed around on a night yet never are reinforecements relied on.

Seems like occassion after occassiosn there is a defeated attitude.

I may be in the minority here, but I truly believe that this whole Markov situation needs to just go away and stop being a crutch/excuse for this team. They need to be developing a roster assuming he is not in the lineup, and whenever he is there it is a bonus. At this point in his career it is very likely he will be a shell of his former self, if he ever plays consistently again.

With 52GP over the past 2 1/2 seasons he is the news article that won't go away for this team, and as much as I like him as a man and admire how he played previously, he is a distraction to this team at this point.

Just my humble opinion, not meant to be malicious or mean-spirited, more of a realist I guess.

I appreciate Commandant's argument that Cammalleri's comments have been framed by the French press in the most negative way possible, but it still seems crystal-clear to me that they were not just a classic calling out of teammates, but an attack on the coaching staff as well. That is completely unacceptable from a guy who has stunk the joint out all season AND who was a key figure in getting the previous coach fired. Cammy has revealed himself to be a total pr*ck.

Ray Ferraro was on the radio this morning and he was appalled at these comments. Interestingly, he also said that he'd be interested in acquiring Cammy at the deadline because he's such a good scorer. So the path seems clear. Make Cammy the centrepiece of your deadline sell-off. Get quality back. Retool, go forward.

I may be in the minority here, but I truly believe that this whole Markov situation needs to just go away and stop being a crutch/excuse for this team. They need to be developing a roster assuming he is not in the lineup, and whenever he is there it is a bonus. At this point in his career it is very likely he will be a shell of his former self, if he ever plays consistently again.

With 52GP over the past 2 1/2 seasons he is the news article that won't go away for this team, and as much as I like him as a man and admire how he played previously, he is a distraction to this team at this point.

Just my humble opinion, not meant to be malicious or mean-spirited, more of a realist I guess.

bad management. Team handled him very poorly. So combine the markov, Gomez, Cammalleri salaries and you literally have 1/3 of your payroll doing nothing for this team. That is what is crippling. Bad contracts, with injuries and we are screwed.

I appreciate Commandant's argument that Cammalleri's comments have been framed by the French press in the most negative way possible, but it still seems crystal-clear to me that they were not just a classic calling out of teammates, but an attack on the coaching staff as well. That is completely unacceptable from a guy who has stunk the joint out all season AND who was a key figure in getting the previous coach fired. Cammy has revealed himself to be a total pr*ck.

Ray Ferraro was on the radio this morning and he was appalled at these comments. Interestingly, he also said that he'd be interested in acquiring Cammy at the deadline because he's such a good scorer. So the path seems clear. Make Cammy the centrepiece of your deadline sell-off. Get quality back. Retool, go forward.

I can find it exciting that we can potentially deal Cammallari and then there is the chance we dump Gomez. Imagine almost $14 million available. Alot can be done with that.

The argument about money is a red herring. Having money available doesn't guarantee players will come here, it's been well documented that the habs have offered more money to players only to have them scoff the habs and sign with other teams. The solution to the habs problems cannot be boiled down to one thing, it's a collection of factors, which is the case in most problems.

I'm in the minority about Markov and was glad the habs FINALLY took a risk, I hear a lot of talk about the habs not wanting to risk signing Gorges after his surgery and how that was a mistake, yet they did the same with Markov and THAT is a mistake...you cannot have it both ways.

In regards to Cammys comments, it would hold more weight if he was doing anything productive. Sure he has like 4 pts in his last 5-6 games..but unlike Plek, who actually has tangible benefits opposed to scoring, Cammy does not, if he's not producing on the score sheet, he in invisible. I apprecaire the honesty of Cammy but it's very hard to swallow when he's under performing.

I agree the habs play not to lose, and I suspect that is a trait that was ingrained by JMs style of hockey. I want players to make mistakes trying to keep a play alive, how many times has the habs D backed off instead of trying to keep the puck in the opposing zone. How many times has the habs linechanged early when Cole carries the puck into the opposing zone only to have no support. There needs to be a shift in philosophy, but you cannot just flip a switch and say "Ok boys do this"...it has to be gradual. I've seen changes in the habs with their forechecking since RC took over, but it's not enough.

Players aren't going to want to sign with the habs after they see this defensive shell of a system where players post career low, it's bad for future contracts. I never though I'd miss the firewagon hockey under Carbo, but at least when they were down by 2 goals in the third, I knew the game wasn't over.

Half of his comments make me thing "good, calling the team out including himself". But then he whines about his ice time and suggests they "prepare to lose", which is a shot at the coach.

PK has done more for this team that Cammy this year and was benched for a couple of bad games. Cammy has stunk and is whining he is getting a couple minutes less a game? This lack of ice time is because the Des and Eller lines are playing far better then Plek and Cammy. Its not like he is getting 4th line minutes or a lack of PP time.

When a team is struggling, there are always frustrations. It also shows you the natural divisions in the room and who the leaders are. It doesn't sound like Cammy is a leader. It sounds like he is a whiner.

This is good information for a team looking to sell at the deadline.

The argument about money is a red herring. Having money available doesn't guarantee players will come here, it's been well documented that the habs have offered more money to players only to have them scoff the habs and sign with other teams. The solution to the habs problems cannot be boiled down to one thing, it's a collection of factors, which is the case in most problems.

I'm in the minority about Markov and was glad the habs FINALLY took a risk, I hear a lot of talk about the habs not wanting to risk signing Gorges after his surgery and how that was a mistake, yet they did the same with Markov and THAT is a mistake...you cannot have it both ways.

In regards to Cammys comments, it would hold more weight if he was doing anything productive. Sure he has like 4 pts in his last 5-6 games..but unlike Plek, who actually has tangible benefits opposed to scoring, Cammy does not, if he's not producing on the score sheet, he in invisible. I apprecaire the honesty of Cammy but it's very hard to swallow when he's under performing.

I agree the habs play not to lose, and I suspect that is a trait that was ingrained by JMs style of hockey. I want players to make mistakes trying to keep a play alive, how many times has the habs D backed off instead of trying to keep the puck in the opposing zone. How many times has the habs linechanged early when Cole carries the puck into the opposing zone only to have no support. There needs to be a shift in philosophy, but you cannot just flip a switch and say "Ok boys do this"...it has to be gradual. I've seen changes in the habs with their forechecking since RC took over, but it's not enough.

Players aren't going to want to sign with the habs after they see this defensive shell of a system where players post career low, it's bad for future contracts. I never though I'd miss the firewagon hockey under Carbo, but at least when they were down by 2 goals in the third, I knew the game wasn't over.

Gionta, Cammalleri, Spacek, Mara, Moen all signed here after Martin was named coach. Don;t beleive the players won't sign here argument. Players follow the money. Sure they want a winning atmosphere but teams like Columbus and Atlanta or Toronto never had a an issue signing players, they just made bad decisions.

Cammi is the MTL version of Phil Kessel.

When he is on and playing well everyone loves him because he brings something that not alot of other players can, a natural ability and instinct to put the puck in the net. However, when they are not scoring, they are easy targets because both players bring very little else to the table. They don't kill penalties, they don't block shots, and their +/- is usually atrocious. Patrick Kane is in the same boat, however his supporting cast allows him to be 1-dimensional without hurting his team too often. I'm sure if either the leafs or the habs had Toews and Sharp on the line with Kessel/Cammi not many would be complaining quite as much because those other guys make up for their weakness.

I consider a player like Cammi to be the hockey equivalent of a speedy wide receiver in the NFL. They make highlight reel catches and get alot of the glory, along with huge contracts. But when they aren't producing, they do little else and are easy scapegoats for fans/media.

Not sure if anyone heard Darren Dregger this morning on TSN990 but he mentioned how Cammalleri was a locker room issue in Calgary. He and Bertuzzi went at it. He had an issue with Keenan as well. So Dregger admits t=he has heard Cammalleri has an attitude issue.

I agree and even with no french spin on his other comments my opinion on Cammalleri has not changed. Even last year when i heard criticism of Kostitsyn, i was wondering why a guy with same production and twice the salary got off scot free?

I have said i would stop being negative about Cammalleri when he started producing, but still am waiting and been almost 2 years now, playoffs aside (which is another example of how, to me anyways, selfish his play seems to be and i had never heard any comment from him neither that swayed my perception.

Is he delusional? that is the only new facet that i saw yesterday.

He is softest player on Habs and almost hope Gill and Cunnyworth take him out behind the barn and....

I just hope he hasnt lowered his market value to a bag of pucks like Gomez has.

I would love to rant and rave and use many more expletives but maybe he was just spouting off what he does in the mirror every morning?

What did Weber say?

The more I think about it, the less irritated I am with Cammi. We say it all the time, the press says it all the time. Refreshing that a player comes out and admits the truth as well. They *are* playing like losers. Everything this season has been done with a "play not to lose" mentality. It's embarrassing.

Weber said something to the effect that he was better than the other 6 D and should be playing more. I didn't get the quote word for word.

Granted all but Gorges is a # 6 defenseman, but weber is a # 8 defenseman on really bad defensive team.

Don't call out the team when YOU suck. I'm no coach, but when you cross the blue line into the opposing zone, any system or mentality get's forgotten. You head for the net, use any creativity and skill you've got, and try to score. That's it. If he had 18 goals, and was working hard, then he could talk about what we ALL feel, about that playing not to lose stuff. The stuff that got Martin's ass fired. So now what? He get's traded? That would be 4th team by the age of 29. We overpaid him to sign here, that's right, overpaid. Keep your trap shut, and do your job.

If Cammy had just said the team isn't going out there with a will to win, and is instead playing on its heels all the time afraid to make a mistake and needs to man up - I've got no problem with that. The only issue is that he himself has been one of the massive underperformers all season, so his words would ring hollow. I also think legitimately hard-working guys like Price, Gorges, and Cole would be completely reasonable to take umbrage at his characterization that they 'prepare like losers.' But again, if he wants to say such things, that's fair ball.

But he went further an indicted the coaches. This is what is grotesque, considering that HE bears some responsibility for getting Martin fired, that RC has already been put under ridiculous amounts of scrutiny and pressure, and that the coaches have been going with a 'reward performance' principle that is the opposite of a 'loser' mentality. Cammy has basically announced that he will only support a team/coach that plays exactly the system and style he personally prefers. The appropriate response is : f*ck off.

Pacs and Gill are coming out to defend Cammy. At least there are some leaders on this team. It doesn't mean they are happy, but they know better then to air it outside the room.

Next up, a smiling PK talking about how much he loves Cammy. :)

A guy who is calling out the coaching staff doesn't say that he wants the team to play like it did in the 2010 playoffs though.

I really just think this is a frustrated guy who is being villified for showing a little emotion.

Guess that's why we haven't heard from Pleks and AK.................... :rolleyes:

Pacs and Gill are coming out to defend Cammy. At least there are some leaders on this team. It doesn't mean they are happy, but they know better then to air it outside the room.

Next up, a smiling PK talking about how much he loves Cammy. :)

Personally, I like Cammy's comments. It's nice to hear something other than what 99% of players are programmed to say in that situation. It is no secret that the team IS playing like losers, so I don't understand why it's such a big deal coming from one if it's players. And all this talk of him wanting out or if we should move him is BS. He has stated numerous times how much he likes it in Montreal and good luck getting back equal value if you trade him. That has horrible asset management written all over it.