Don't wait for spring.....do it now!

REV-G

There have been good moves and questionable ones. Nobody is perfect.

I'll disagree with you the Cammi deal, Bourque has outperformed him the last 2 years. Those are facts, Bourque is bigger, tougher and is a part of what the habs desperatley need. the gave up a goalie who would never play in Montreal. A decent prospect and a 2nd. I think you could argue they could have a first.

Cammi does have better potential, but he didn't live up to his potential.

I liked the O'Byrne move, Bournival is going to be a decent 3rd liner. He also adds soem grit and a little offense.

The Cammi deal will be awful.He had 36 points in 27 playoff games. he wasn't brought here to be a two-way player. We have 4 years of a guy that makes AK look consistent,he'll be 34 when his contract runs out. Cammi was right,this has turned into a losers mentality and the fans that applaud PG's moves are a big part of it. Every win,they start calculating playoff chances.

Can I have your crystal ball that says Bournival WILL be a 3rd line center.He's gritty playing against 17-18 yr old boys.See what happens vs men.Plus we already have a bunch of 3rd line centers in the organization.O'Byrne,though nothing special,would still be more valuable to us as a tough 3rd pairing Dman with size than Weber,Diaz or Campoli.

it's probably the same crystal ball when you think Cammy will explode in the playoffs when the team doesn't make the playoffs. He needs to produce in the regular season which in reality has only happened 1 year.

O'Byrne was terrible in Montreal, Emelin is a far better player, and way more physical.

I agree about Weber Diaz Campoli, etc. they are pretty much worthless

it's probably the same crystal ball when you think Cammy will explode in the playoffs when the team doesn't make the playoffs. He needs to produce in the regular season which in reality has only happened 1 year.

Cammalleri was on pace for his usual assist totals but his goals were down. You know who has a similar situation this year on the team? EVERYONE BUT ERIK COLE.

The teams power play failed so everyone on the team is having trouble scoring. Putting the pressure on only Cammalleri to perform in the regular season when he and Gionta are the only forwards this team can properly rely on for post-season scoring is unfair.

It hasn't been so pronounced by others but when the team fired Martin and Gorges went up to Cunneyworth and said, "You're the coach, we're behind you 100 per cent" it's clear that the first guy to try to cause problems for the new coach was going to get axed. Cammalleri and Cunneyworth clashed immediately. It was only a matter of time.

O'Byrne was terrible in Montreal, Emelin is a far better player, and way more physical.

I agree about Weber Diaz Campoli, etc. they are pretty much worthless

36 points in 27 playoff games is PROVEN PLAYOFF PRODUCTION. O'Byrne never got a fair chance and he would drop the gloves and clear the crease,two important things Emelin won't do

Edited by lafrous10

36 points in 27 playoff games is PROVEN PLAYOFF PRODUCTION. O'Byrne never got a fair chance and he would drop the gloves and clear the crease,two important things Emelin won't do

O'Byrne was for the most part absolutely terrible and generally inconsistent. He'd play two to three straight games where he'd look like a pretty good third string blueliner with a lot of size and then he'd go back to having no ability to position, no ability to cover a man and was probably one of the worst players I've seen in a Habs uniform with the puck in most of my time watching the Habs. He went to Colorado, had a string of good games and then went back to being stupid ol' O'Byrne. Oh, and he sucked at fighting for a guy at 6'6" so I'd rather Emelin just embarrass people with hits and keep his hands warm in the gloves.

Why is dropping the gloves so important when Emelin has the tendency to destroy players with hits? I would think twice about taking advantages against the canadiens knowing that Emelin could come are train wreck me. Thats a better form of intimidation then having a good shutdown d-man in the box for 5+ minutes a game.

Why is dropping the gloves so important when Emelin has the tendency to destroy players with hits? I would think twice about taking advantages against the canadiens knowing that Emelin could come are train wreck me. Thats a better form of intimidation then having a good shutdown d-man in the box for 5+ minutes a game.

How about both. Emelin is a great hitter,but intimdated no one from running our goalies.Do you see players running Thomas when Chara is on the ice ?

O'Byrne was for the most part absolutely terrible and generally inconsistent. He'd play two to three straight games where he'd look like a pretty good third string blueliner with a lot of size and then he'd go back to having no ability to position, no ability to cover a man and was probably one of the worst players I've seen in a Habs uniform with the puck in most of my time watching the Habs. He went to Colorado, had a string of good games and then went back to being stupid ol' O'Byrne. Oh, and he sucked at fighting for a guy at 6'6" so I'd rather Emelin just embarrass people with hits and keep his hands warm in the gloves.

O'Byrne would make a mistake and then be benched by JM.You can be enamored by the shrimps like Diaz,Weber and Campolis 'puckhandling". BTW they suck as defenseman also and bring zero physicality with as many mistakes as OB.I'll take the guy who can at least get opposing forwards thinking twice about freewheeling around the net. he did suck as a 6'6" fighter,but would still beat anyone on this team and would stick up for anyone.

I agree O'Byrne was never given a chance, I though he showed flashes of becoming a good, dependable top 4 d at times. Now, on a slightly diff topic, I think it would be a big mistake to have a firesale right now, we're better off waiting a little bit, then seeing what we could get for Gill, Moen, etc. I'd even consider trading Pleks and/or Gionta if the return was a good young center with size. As for everyone else, we can hopefully buy out Gomez and Kaberle, then start building around Paches, Eller, Subban, Price, Emelin, etc.

How about both. Emelin is a great hitter,but intimdated no one from running our goalies.Do you see players running Thomas when Chara is on the ice ?

Ok, you just cherry picked one of the most physically imposing players of the last decade. Every team would want him. Let's be realistic, Emelin isn't the same player.

O'Byrne would make a mistake and then be benched by JM.You can be enamored by the shrimps like Diaz,Weber and Campolis 'puckhandling". BTW they suck as defenseman also and bring zero physicality with as many mistakes as OB.I'll take the guy who can at least get opposing forwards thinking twice about freewheeling around the net. he did suck as a 6'6" fighter,but would still beat anyone on this team and would stick up for anyone.

O'Byrne would make goal costing mistakes and be benched by JM because we were trying to make the playoffs. I don't care for Diaz, Weber or Campoli. O'Byrne stopped nobody from crashing the Canadiens net because he always lost position and allowed forwards to get right into Price's grill. You know who else would stick up for anyone? Tom Kostopoulous. Little good that did for us. O'Byrne was just Jassen Cullimore for a different decade.

O'Byrne took more delay of game penalties for putting the puck over the glass than any defenceman I've ever seen (And that includes non-Habs). It was ridiculous.

O'Byrne was also a very good straight line skater, but had 0 lateral mobilty. People would go around him, and make him look like a turnstile all day.

Lets face it, Alex Picard was not a good defenceman, but the coaches weren't wrong for having him ahead of O'Byrne on the depth chart.

O'Byrne took more delay of game penalties for putting the puck over the glass than any defenceman I've ever seen (And that includes non-Habs). It was ridiculous.

O'Byrne was also a very good straight line skater, but had 0 lateral mobilty. People would go around him, and make him look like a turnstile all day.

Lets face it, Alex Picard was not a good defenceman, but the coaches weren't wrong for having him ahead of O'Byrne on the depth chart.

Coaches scratched Emelin for Campoli,Diaz and Kaberle at various times. The coaches and GMs on this team have been awful,which is why we are awful.

Ok, you just cherry picked one of the most physically imposing players of the last decade. Every team would want him. Let's be realistic, Emelin isn't the same player.

So you're saying our goalies don't get run any more than other teams?

Coaches scratched Emelin for Campoli,Diaz and Kaberle at various times. The coaches and GMs on this team have been awful,which is why we are awful.

So you're saying our goalies don't get run any more than other teams?

No. That's not even the topic. Come correct, you're a flyer fan, right? Everything about everything you post suggests you're not an actual fan of this team, or a fan of the actual sport of hockey.
  • Upvote 1

No. That's not even the topic. Come correct, you're a flyer fan, right? Everything about everything you post suggests you're not an actual fan of this team, or a fan of the actual sport of hockey.

This team sucks this year,. Who TF are you to question anyones fandom ? You seem to be someone who never played the game and just wear pom poms for the home team no matter how they do. I admire the Flyers(and Bruins) organizations because they have a much better plan in place then we do.I hate the B's and aren't crazy about the Flyers. You do know those are the teams that has K.O'd us the last 4 playoffs ?

And the topic went to the coaches were right for scratching O'B for Picard,and my counter was Emelin scratches

This team sucks this year,. Who TF are you to question anyones fandom ? You seem to be someone who never played the game and just wear pom poms for the home team no matter how they do. I admire the Flyers(and Bruins) organizations because they have a much better plan in place then we do.I hate the B's and aren't crazy about the Flyers. You do know those are the teams that has K.O'd us the last 4 playoffs ?

And the topic went to the coaches were right for scratching O'B for Picard,and my counter was Emelin scratches

Ok, any Hab fan is a friend of mine. I've played my whole life. You're new here, and I've never seen anyone's points get destroyed as fast as yours, often by simple common sense and logic. We took the Bruins to OT in game 7 last season, by the way.

Ok, any Hab fan is a friend of mine. I've played my whole life. You're new here, and I've never seen anyone's points get destroyed as fast as yours, often by simple common sense and logic. We took the Bruins to OT in game 7 last season, by the way.

not to agree with him but the BRUINS won that series.

Not only that but they are ripping the league up this year.

Boy do I wish we threw the world a Chara 6 summers ago. Hell I would have given him 10 years 7 mil per the guy is in incredible shape and has no equal in the NHL.

Chara has no equal because he's also a Norris Caliber winning defenceman.

Sure he's a great fighter too, but thats not all he brings.

Boogaard (RIP) was almost as big, and was arguably as good a fighter (we don't know as I don't think they ever fought) but he didn't have the same effect on his team cause he was a two minute player.

The 25-30 minutes of shutdown defence, plus some offence that Chara provides is by far his biggest asset.

Chara has no equal because he's also a Norris Caliber winning defenceman. Sure he's a great fighter too, but thats not all he brings. Boogaard (RIP) was almost as big, and was arguably as good a fighter (we don't know as I don't think they ever fought) but he didn't have the same effect on his team cause he was a two minute player. The 25-30 minutes of shutdown defence, plus some offence that Chara provides is by far his biggest asset.

I was not even talking about fighting.

If I were his coach I would not want him fighting ever because he is so valubale on the ice.

I was not even talking about fighting.

If I were his coach I would not want him fighting ever because he is so valubale on the ice.

Same, other teams try and get him to fight so they don't have to deal with his damn reach for a bit haha

lafrous10, you're either the biggest glass empty fans who goes through 1 TV a month because you want results or you're a troll.

Please explain.

LOL.

You could almost be speaking about me there. At work i'm the one who is known as the glass is half empty guy - but personally, i think my profession has a lot to do with that!

lafrous10, you're either the biggest glass empty fans who goes through 1 TV a month because you want results or you're a troll.

Please explain.

Ha ha. If you're happy in this teams direction then you are one of the reasons we've been mediocre to bad for 15 years.I wish the glass was half empty. It's about empty imo.