Cammalleri Traded to Calgary

Commandant

oh! I guess someone has called in to bust the season all out. Then I hope it is sooner rather then later. More better chance for a higher pick.

No, he will probably trade AK46 for Penner or Blake Gefferion.

IMO, Bourque can't hold Ak46's jock strap.

BTW, according to Lebrun, when another GM was told of the deal, he was in disbelief and said he wished he know Cammy was available. SOunds like the Halak move. I like Eller, but I still think the habs could have and should have gotten more.

I'm unimpressed with this trade. For all those hoping the Habs would be sellers (cellar?) I don't think the returns on this trade bode well for future deals.

If i'm Molson I fire PG's ass tonight.

flames media love the deal.

Habs29retired, are you serious? Bourque and AK46 over the past 2 years basically have the identical stats.

I am being honest here, what is the love fest for AK46? he isn't that good. he shows up half the time.

I am absolutely dying to hear the media address from Gauthier tonight. IMO, he will have to charm the pants off every media member in the room because they are going to bring some very tough questions. I think he gets fired at season's end until proven otherwise.

We are looking at a total rebuild fellas. Burn the barn and sell everything.

Habs29retired, are you serious? Bourque and AK46 over the past 2 years basically have the identical stats.

I am being honest here, what is the love fest for AK46? he isn't that good. he shows up half the time.

Cammy scored 39 in Calgary. 27 goals in Calgary translates to around 15 or 17 in Montreal. AK46 scored playing as 3rd/4th liner for two years. Bourque's production was on the 1st/2nd line, playing quite often with Iginla. He has gotten VERY slow. I read the flames papers every friggin day here. They hate BOurque. Soft player. selfish penalties. no longer has any speed. Already a repeat offender, still serving 5 game suspension for head hit.

AK46 hits EVERY game and hits hard and clean.

Cammy should have got Bourque and at least a 1st round pick, plus a top prospect from Calgary - Holland isn't even in their top 5 prospects. This deal needed to be made close to the deadline. PG should have held an auction to drive up his value. instead the idiotic goat makes a trade when Cammy's value is at an all time low. This is as bad as the Joe Thornton trade, the Patrick Roy trade.

• Upvote 1

No, he will probably trade AK46 for Penner or Blake Gefferion.

IMO, Bourque can't hold Ak46's jock strap.

I think the same. why I was thiking a plan D (a). I don't like Penner other then his size but Gefferion seems to me as even as we could PG to do, no?

Pierre Lebrun just said a GM told him he didn't know Cammalleri was available, and would have made an offer. Tunnel-vision Gauthier?

God, this just gets worse and worse. If you're gonna move Cammy, who WILL generate interest, at least generate some sort of market for him. I understand the constant references to Roy, because this just reeks of a move made in reaction to events rather than a carefully thought-out hockey decision.

Looking at the stats, though, Bourque can score - in fact his two consecutive 27-goal seasons surpass Cammy's output with us. He's the same age as Cammy and half the price. And he's bigger. IF Bourque can simply transpose his Calgary production to Montreal, then the trade actually makes some sense when you factor in the cap hit: Cammy's production at a fraction of the hit. Not only that but he IS francophone.

What worries me is Habs29's comments about his softness and lack of character as well as the observation that 27 goals in Calgary is 17 in Montreal. While I think Habs29 is somewhat jaundiced in this respect, it's not reassuring.

One thing, though. Amidst all the negativity about this deal, certain things are being forgotten:

1. If you want the Habs to shed salary and retool without completely tanking, this deal helps by opening up cap space.

2. If you are one of those who is constantly complaining about the Habs's bloated contracts, you should like this deal as it is NOT a bloated contract but, if anything, good value.

3. If you are one of those who whined about Cammy's limitations, you should be happy to unload him for (in theory) similar production at half the price and more size. Nor can you grumble that the return should have been higher; on your own estimation, Cammy was a rip-off one trick pony, right?

As for me, there is no doubt in my mind we could have gotten more - possibly a LOT more - had we waited and established a market.

Cammy scored 39 in Calgary. 27 goals in Calgary translates to around 15 or 17 in Montreal. AK46 scored playing as 3rd/4th liner for two years. Bourque's production was on the 1st/2nd line, playing quite often with Iginla. He has gotten VERY slow. I read the flames papers every friggin day here. They hate BOurque. Soft player. selfish penalties. no longer has any speed. Already a repeat offender, still serving 5 game suspension for head hit.

AK46 hits EVERY game and hits hard and clean.

Cammy should have got Bourque and at least a 1st round pick, plus a top prospect from Calgary - Holland isn't even in their top 5 prospects. This deal needed to be made close to the deadline. PG should have held an auction to drive up his value. instead the idiotic goat makes a trade when Cammy's value is at an all time low. This is as bad as the Joe Thornton trade, the Patrick Roy trade.

I think the same. why I was thiking a plan D (a). I don't like Penner other then his size but Gefferion seems to me as even as we could PG to do, no?

As even as we could get PG to do. Any other GM other scott howson or Milbury would get a much better return.

I am absolutely dying to hear the media address from Gauthier tonight. IMO, he will have to charm the pants off every media member in the room because they are going to bring some very tough questions. I think he gets fired at season's end until proven otherwise.

We are looking at a total rebuild fellas. Burn the barn and sell everything.

Surprisingly, l'Anti-Chambre was in favour of it.

Cammy was our only legitimate player we could trade something valuable. He needed to be shopped and dangled and bidded on until someone gave us the kids we could add to the rebuild.

100%. The only hope for a major re-tooling now comes via further moves that open up the cap space to snag a major UFA.

As even as we could get PG to do. Any other GM other scott howson or Milbury would get a much better return.

but the Goat we have is the one eating others yards :P:D

God, this just gets worse and worse. If you're gonna move Cammy, who WILL generate interest, at least generate some sort of market for him. I understand the constant references to Roy, because this just reeks of a move made in reaction to events rather than a carefully thought-out hockey decision.

Looking at the stats, though, Bourque can score - in fact his two consecutive 27-goal seasons surpass Cammy's output with us. He's the same age as Cammy and half the price. And he's bigger. IF Bourque can simply transpose his Calgary production to Montreal, then the trade actually makes some sense when you factor in the cap hit: Cammy's production at a fraction of the hit. Not only that but he IS francophone.

What worries me is Habs29's comments about his softness and lack of character as well as the observation that 27 goals in Calgary is 17 in Montreal. While I think Habs29 is somewhat jaundiced in this respect, it's not reassuring.

One thing, though. Amidst all the negativity about this deal, certain things are being forgotten:

1. If you want the Habs to shed salary and retool without completely tanking, this deal helps by opening up cap space.

2. If you are one of those who is constantly complaining about the Habs's bloated contracts, you should like this deal as it is NOT a bloated contract but, if anything, good value.

3. If you are one of those who whined about Cammy's limitations, you should be happy to unload him for (in theory) similar production at half the price and more size. Nor can you grumble that the return should have been higher; on your own estimation, Cammy was a rip-off one trick pony, right?

As for me, there is no doubt in my mind we could have gotten more - possibly a LOT more - had we waited and established a market.

If you want to shed contract, Cammy is the first guy to move???? First, you need to find a way to bury Gomez. Next Kaberle. As much as i like Gionta's grit, i'd have moved him first. I would have tried to get Cammy to start producing before moving him.

I saw Cammy as a guy who should have been able to yield a 1st round pick (high first round pick) from a team like the islanders, or a top end prospect from a team looking for a playoff performer (i.e. the russian junior's kid from Washington).

Did you hear PG's comments. Cammy was moved because of his style and size. PG was the friggin pro scout when the habs signed Cammy. Did Cammy suddenly shrink from 6'5 to 5'9???? Did he suddenly transform from Maurice Richard to Maurice the mouse?????? He is the same friggin size and type of player then when the habs signed him. This was a dumb, dumb, dumb move.

Search the CBC site and listen the Kelly Hrudy's assessment of Rene Bourque on hockey night in canada - might have been on after hours.

Read this and prepare to be depressed:

http://www.lfpress.c...3/18963881.html

Basically, we moved Mike Cammalleri for a guy for which there was zero demand in November due to his 'motivational issues' and 'inconsistency.'

While it's possible that Bourque will continue to score at a 30-goal pace and thus pleasantly surprise us, and his cap hit is nice, the fact remains: we should have gotten more.

Habs29, I agree with you on the return (obviously). What I was pointing out was the inconsistency of bitching about bad contracts and then freaking out about this one, along with a few other inconsistencies among those in hysterics over this deal. In saying this, I'm ASSUMING Gomer in particular will be cleaned out by the time this is all over. As one part of a general commitment to straightening out our cap situation, this move makes SOME sense. As a stand-alone to save $3 mil, no thanks.

Anyway - the issue is less Bourque per se, who I suspect will be decent, but the return.

Cammy was our only legitimate player we could trade something valuable. He needed to be shopped and dangled and bidded on until someone gave us the kids we could add to the rebuild.

I said it a few weeks ago. With his contract, size and the fact that he is so one dimensional, Cammie would be tough to trade. His numbers have not been that great. The timing is weird. If they were dealing before the interview, I would understand this, but if this is a reaction to the interview and he is just gone without testing the market, PG is an idiot.

but the Goat we have is the one eating others yards :P:D

Actually, i think this goat is eating our own yard :wall: :wall:

I have a feeling this is more Molson than PG

I don't think so. Even if the owner said to move him, did he say, only offer him to Calgary??? Did he say to trade him for a guy who wore out his welcome in Calgary in late October??? Did he say to trade your top trade bait for a pail of pucks????

I have a feeling this is more Molson than PG

If you are right, then suicide should be our preferred option because we're gonna suck for 10 more years, or however long this ding-dong owns the team.

I think Pleks can get you a propect and a #1.

i am just not a big fan of his. Another minus tonight. It was a quality fly by in front of the net on Lucic's goal.

Who cares if AK46 hits clean. The habs need some nastiness. I just would never have thougth Bourque would have been the guy.

I hope that Holland guy turns out good.