Cammalleri Traded to Calgary

Commandant

Just like with Halak.. didn't work to get the best offer. PG has to go.

you want to dump Cammy.. you let all 30 GMs know the bidding is open and see what you get. It should take a few weeks, not 5 hours.

According to another writer (Chris Stevenson) the deal has been in the works since December.

And if a GM didn't know Cammy was available, he wasn't doing his job.

Holland...well, everyone was enraged at the Halak trade and PG surprised us. Who knows, maybe in a couple of years, Bourque has scored 25+ for us reliably and Holland is emerging as a real player, this trade looks great.

Right now, it's what everyone thinks, a ridiculous under-selling of our most dangerous offensive player. That being said, I still think Bourque may prove to be a decent acquisition in both cap and hockey terms.

And no, I don't trade Pleks for a pick.

• Upvote 1

If the habs has picked up Glencross, BOurque AND Calgary's 1st pick, i would have been upset, but could have lived with the deal because Calgary could be at least a top 10 pick and Glencross is a at least true physical player who can contribute some offense. Bourque I'd have tried to move right after that trade for a 2nd pick and a prospect at the deadline, which would mean Cammy was traded for a 1, 2, Glencross and a prospect.

But Bourque?????? Hell Ramo on his own may have yielded a 3rd round pick!!!!!!

If the habs has picked up Glencross, BOurque AND Calgary's 1st pick, i would have been upset, but could have lived with the deal because Calgary could be at least a top 10 pick and Glencross is a at least true physical player who can contribute some offense. Bourque I'd have tried to move right after that trade for a 2nd pick and a prospect at the deadline, which would mean Cammy was traded for a 1, 2, Glencross and a prospect.

But Bourque?????? Hell Ramo on his own may have yielded a 3rd round pick!!!!!!

Habs, that is as ridiculous an over-valuation of Cammy as PG's deal was an under-evaluation. Let's not go nuts. The Cammy deal I was fantasizing about was one where he was packaged with a prospect like Weber + a pick for a major asset. No one's gonna give you a 27-goal scorer, Glencross AND their top pick (!) for cammy.

I think Pleks can get you a propect and a #1.

i am just not a big fan of his. Another minus tonight. It was a quality fly by in front of the net on Lucic's goal.

Who cares if AK46 hits clean. The habs need some nastiness. I just would never have thougth Bourque would have been the guy.

I hope that Holland guy turns out good.

So you don't care that Ak46 will hit Chara hard and clean, while Bourque will avoid going i the corner, or take an idiotic elbow to somoene's head (usually somoene smaller then him), and then get a 10 game suspesnion :crazy:

Your best center will be something like minus 25 and 55 points. he never shows when the going gets tough. I would move him in heartbeat.

You get another first and a prospect.

I am just in the minority on Plaks and Ak46.

I will wait and see. PG panicked, moved too fast.

In reality, IF Halland is a top end prospect, if the numbers another poster dispayed are acurate, he is over a PPG player, i don't think the habs have any players like that in the NHL or AHL.

If you asked me yesterday what they could get for Cammy, good prospect a 1st rounder and soem contract back. I don't tknow anything about Holland. Disappointed they didn't get a first.

Ok, on to the next move.

Holland is in the WHL.

Gallagher is much, much better than Holland in PPG ratio. He's nearly a goal per game and nearly 2 pts per game.

In the QMJHL

Bournival is nearly a goal per game... and well over a PPG

In the AHL

Palushaj is over a PPG and leads the Bulldogs in scoring.

Engqvist is nearly a PPG.

Habs, that is as ridiculous an over-valuation of Cammy as PG's deal was an under-evaluation. Let's not go nuts. The Cammy deal I was fantasizing about was one where he was packaged with a prospect like Weber + a pick for a major asset. No one's gonna give you a 27-goal scorer, Glencross AND their top pick (!) for cammy.

There is a general disbelief by the Calgary media that they were able to STEAL Cammy for Bourque. Many considered his declining speed, his lazy attitude and contract length as untradable.

Your best center will be something like minus 25 and 55 points. he never shows when the going gets tough. I would move him in heartbeat.

And who is your new best centre?

Welcome to tanking for at least 3-4 years if you move Pleks for picks and prospects.

For chrissakes, Pleks is a quality player in all three zones; because he's having a bad season you want to throw him away for a pick. And what happens when the player you picked has a bad season? You trade HIM for a pick?

AK46 is what he is, as I've said consistently. Good physical presence, gets hot and looks steller, blows cold and looks like Turner Stevenson. Not a player to want to lose, but not one to go cowabunga over either, and unless he can definitely be signed to a reasonable rate, he should be traded. Once again: you CAN'T bitch about the Habs for not trading impending UFAs like Souray, then whine if they trade Kostitsyn.

I thought you said Bourque was dirty.

Gregierenko is my new center

So an 18 year old is your number 1 centre.

Like I said, welcome to tanking for 3 years.

I like Grigorenko a lot, but hes not Sidney Crosby and isn't gonna score 100 pts as a rookie. He's gonna take time.

For chrissakes, Pleks is a quality player in all three zones; because he's having a bad season you want to throw him away for a pick. And what happens when the player you picked has a bad season? You trade HIM for a pick?

AK46 is what he is, as I've said consistently. Good physical presence, gets hot and looks steller, blows cold and looks like Turner Stevenson. Not a player to want to lose, but not one to go cowabunga over either, and unless he can definitely be signed to a reasonable rate, he should be traded. Once again: you CAN'T bitch about the Habs for not trading impending UFAs like Souray, then whine if they trade Kostitsyn.

Agreed 100%

Yes his minus 18 or whatever really SAYS defense

Oh great the +/- stat as the be all and end all of measuring one player's defensive game. This might be the dumbest argument I've seen made on this board since I've been here.

Never mind the fact its based on one season.

I'm with you. It's not a terrible deal, there's definitely some upside, but I am also of the opinion that PG could have gotten more.

I feel like PG/BG have/had a policy of not all-out shopping players to avoid the inevitable rumours that would surround that player. So they engage only a couple of teams, and once a satisfactory deal is reached, they pull the trigger.

I am of the belief you sign your quality ufa's early. If not, move them. I would have traded Souray. That team had NO SHOT at the cup

A valid point of view. All I'm saying is that anyone who has taken this position (often vehemently and angrily) has absolutely zero right to jump up and down with rage if the Habs now deal Kostitsyn, in exactly the same scenario.

Chris, Pleks will get better, and I know this because he has BEEN better for three of the past four years - vastly so. You're confusing aberration for norm.

Cammy was the guy to trade. Pleks is not going anywhere. He isn't a number one center, but he will be a good number 2 guy.

If we dump Gomez, I would be willing to keep Gionta. We can have one guy like that, we just can't have too many. I am not upset we traded Cammy, I am upset that we didn't maximize the return. As I said before, I won't be surprised if PG just got screwed by Cammy himself, who was tipped off that he needed to faciliate a trade.

In any case, PG has to go. He has been the source of most of the circus in Montreal this season. He is making me like the steady determination of Burke.