Montreal at Ottawa

Colin

Betting poll:

Who gets traded during the 2nd intermission tonight?

I think we'll see a couple of extra hotdog vendors get dealt to the 200 level from the 500 level in exchange for two beer vendors amid rumours of Ottawa and Montreal fans starting to get pushy. The philosophy to keep unnecessary fights down doesn't just pertain to the players...

By the way, the lines are as follows:

Ottawa:

Greening- Spezza - Michalek

Condra - Turris - Alfredsson

Foligno - Smith - Butler

Daugavins - Konopka - Neil

Phillips - Gonchar

Kuba - Karlsson

Carkner - Cowen

Anderson

Montreal:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole

Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn

Gomez - Plekanec - Blunden/Cole

Darche - Nokelainen

Gorges - Subban

Emelin - Diaz

Gill - Kaberle

Weber

Price

- Blunden and Cole will split time on the Plekanec line.

- No word on whether or not Weber stays in (I would hope so) or if Campoli will be in for someone else if at all.

So, here's my thought. Does Gomez - or G-Love as he likes to be called (Sir, as Subban is supposed to say) - come back like the beginning of the year, or does he come back like the guy who was trending up nicely after his first injury? I'd prefer to see him between Patch and Cole and let him get some confidence and get rolling. Because if he finds it and does get rolling, then IMO between those two? He could start looking like at least a $5M guy. He was playing MUCH better. I love the guy and really want to see him roll. I'd love him to prove everyone wrong. If he finds his game, he's infinitely better than Desharnais could really make a huge impact. If there's one guy I'm rooting for tonight, it's G-Love. Absolutely awesome guy who I'd love to see find himself and his game starting tonight.

Incidentally, on a personal note? Very disappointed to see Cammi go. He was one of my favourites; he really *understood* what it meant to be a Canadien, I think. Hope he finds his game - though not as much as Bourque. ;-)

You know rebuild v2.0 has gone wrong when your "supposed" 1st and 2nd line centers are both patrolling the 3rd line together.

Ugh.

I put the lines in that way since Cole is going to be double shifting at times. You have to believe they're not going to play Cole in back-to-back shifts which suggests one will probably be the 3rd line and the other the 1st. As it is, the Kostitsyn line has been the top line ice time wise in recent games.