Montreal at Ottawa

Colin

4.25 million for a 45-50 pt defenceman is not a bad contract.

Why does everyone keep insisting that it is.

How much is a guy who is consistently in that range gonna cost, even if his defence isn't the greatest.

Wiz had one 50 pt season and his defence is only slightly better and got 1.25 million more.

I am not convinced he is going to be that good a D for the length of the contract. Its not horrible, but doesn't seem to be doing much anymore. He isn't playing big minutes against the top lines, he is getting a ton of power play time, and he has cooled right off. If we were closer to a contender, I would be fine with him, but on a rebuild team.. I think he is a waste of money.

Mulbery should be the last guy rating a GM's performance .. wtf

He is correct on some of his comments, but he can never finish without saying something stupid. :)

I've hated PG's handling of the club this year. BUt it's hilarious that the CBC idiot Ron MacLean is asking the WORST GM in HISTORY, the clown Mike Milbury what his approach was to making a deal!!! SERIOUSLY?????

By the way, Kaberle is on track for a 35 point season, similar to PK. PK can play on the penalty kill, plays the most minutes, can hit.. hmmmm.. would rather have another PK.

If Markov doesn't come back, Kaberle only covers one small aspect of Markov's game (passing). At this point, I have to keep hoping the Markov comes back and by next season, is close to his old form.

4.25 million for a 45-50 pt defenceman is not a bad contract. Why does everyone keep insisting that it is. How much is a guy who is consistently in that range gonna cost, even if his defence isn't the greatest. Wiz had one 50 pt season and his defence is only slightly better and got 1.25 million more.

You need to start looking past the stats. I don't like Kaberle because he not only comes from a culture of losing, but was COMFORTABLE in that culture and wanted to stay there, despite that the losing leafs were going to continue to lose.

Same reason i don't want Bouwmeester. He is another guy who's good indivdual stats but, you go back to his junior teams to his NHL career, with the exception of the world juniors/world championships (which had other elite players), the guy has been a loser an never sniffed the playoffs.

We need to get guys that are not only skilled an put up points, but have a commitment to WINNING and care about winning above all else. This this is where I don't have an issue with Cammy's losing attitude/mindset or whatever his exact words were.

I've hated PG's handling of the club this year. BUt it's hilarious that the CBC idiot Ron MacLean is asking the WORST GM in HISTORY, the clown Mike Milbury what his approach was to making a deal!!! SERIOUSLY?????

I like Milbury admitting he handled speaking to every GM in the league wrong. He went up to every one and said, "I plan to trade Palffy. Give me at least ____." What you do is e-mail every GM in the league and when one says, "I'd give you _____" you say, "Sorry, I got a better offer from x with _____." That creates a bidding war. Not asking every GM your ridiculous standards for the player.

4.25 million for a 45-50 pt defenceman is not a bad contract.

Why does everyone keep insisting that it is.

How much is a guy who is consistently in that range gonna cost, even if his defence isn't the greatest.

Wiz had one 50 pt season and his defence is only slightly better and got 1.25 million more.

The only problem with Kaberle is he isn't "The Guy."

You know, The Guy who scores game winners. The Guy who turns his team around when they're in a bad stretch. The Guy who boosts his game when a big performance is needed.

He's never been that guy, nor will he ever be. But if he's playing beside that guy...

Kaberle has a good contract for what he brings to the team. He is, in fact, one of the players whose performance fits his contract.

I am not convinced he is going to be that good a D for the length of the contract. Its not horrible, but doesn't seem to be doing much anymore. He isn't playing big minutes against the top lines, he is getting a ton of power play time, and he has cooled right off. If we were closer to a contender, I would be fine with him, but on a rebuild team.. I think he is a waste of money. He is correct on some of his comments, but he can never finish without saying something stupid. :)

He hates the habs, so he will be hammering them every chance he gets. Point is, he of all people has NO RIGHT to question another GM.

Yes - they scored - was that Pleky?? Gret play - breaks the breakaway scoreless streak!!!!!!!!

If Kaberle was a 50 pt D capable of playing top minutes against top lines, he'd be worth 7 million, not 4.25.

So you think he should be getting more then Doughty and Lidstrom???

I like Milbury admitting he handled speaking to every GM in the league wrong. He went up to every one and said, "I plan to trade Palffy. Give me at least ____." What you do is e-mail every GM in the league and when one says, "I'd give you _____" you say, "Sorry, I got a better offer from x with _____." That creates a bidding war. Not asking every GM your ridiculous standards for the player.

Right approach, but the point is that every deal Milbury ever made he lost :D

By the way, Kaberle is on track for a 35 point season, similar to PK. PK can play on the penalty kill, plays the most minutes, can hit.. hmmmm.. would rather have another PK.

If Markov doesn't come back, Kaberle only covers one small aspect of Markov's game (passing). At this point, I have to keep hoping the Markov comes back and by next season, is close to his old form.

Kaberle since joining Montreal is on pace for 53 pts... we all know his time in Carolina was a disaster, I wouldn't judge him by that two months, when he's been around a ~50 pt pace every year since lockout, including last season

Kaberle since joining Montreal is on pace for 53 pts... we all know his time in Carolina was a disaster, I wouldn't judge him by that two months, when he's been around a ~50 pt pace every year since lockout, including last season

Like i said in my earlier post. I don't care about his stats. The guy is a loser, always been a loser and seemed comfortable being a loser. Not the kind of guy I want around my young defensemen or young players.

Absolutely not.... the difference is they play outstanding defence... and he doesnt'.

Hence he is worth 4.25

and they are worth 7 million +

I thought they were both just under $7M. One of the issues I have with this league, is that if yuo've got Lidstrom making say $6.8M, WHY would another GM even think about paying more to another Dman???? Just becuase you got the cap room, doesn't meen you need to pay over $6M or whatever it was that Wiz got last year.

Go for Grigorenko.

I agree, want the boys to play well, but stay near the bottom. Was pissed off when the Sens scored then started to think about the big picture again.