Montreal at Ottawa

Colin

Looks like it's just you and me Dalhabs. This place is full of people from ontario, wanting us to lose.

LOL.. no, this site is full of realists that want to build a cup team.. not 15 more years of so-so crap..

Please, take a good long look at this team.. it is not very good and hasn't been all year. We do have a good young core.. lets get some picks and prospects to go with them and we might be the next boston or NYR...

Looks like it's just you and me Dalhabs. This place is full of people from ontario, wanting us to lose.

If we're going to have a losing season, we better lose a lot.

Finishing 9th in the conference is for the Leafs.

• Upvote 1

You know what the Leafs did for a decade? They fell apart early, then made a dramatic late season surge and ended up with a middling draft pick. With the odds of us making the playoffs somewhere near the odds of being hit by lightning or crashing in a commercial jet, I'd rather get things in order for the future. I despise losing, but there comes a time when you need to sit back, take stock of where you are, and maybe realize you need to do a serious re-tooling rather than just a minor one. How well have those middling picks worked for us (you can retort by asking how well the higher ones did too, and I'll be properly mollified - hi Komi)? I want to see Plex moved for a similar return to that of Kessel. I want to see Gilly moved for a 1st. I want to see Eller given the #1/2 spot and run with it for the season. I want to see how Leblanc manages with some serious time up here. Most of all, I want Montreal to STOP being a middling, also-ran club which they've basically been since the early 80's!

LOL.. no, this site is full of realists that want to build a cup team.. not 15 more years of so-so crap..

Please, take a good long look at this team.. it is not very good and hasn't been all year. We do have a good young core.. lets get some picks and prospects to go with them and we might be the next boston or NYR...

You can type LOL all night. I guess I'll take a long look, as if I haven't yet. I still want to win. Hey, the leaf bandwagon has room.

Well, another loss. At least the effort was there. Two games in a row where we did not look too bad. We have to start somewhere I guess....

Anyhow, I did not give them much of a chance in the shoot out. I mean, the level of confidence is so low, you had to expect that we would not be able to score. When you look at it, it's exactly what has happened. Price would have to make miracles for us to win, and he simply can't do that right now (he, too, doesn't have much confidence right now).

Wins are contagious, losses even more. I mean, when you lose, even good players start to play bad, which leads to more losses. It's what we are witnessing right now. Bad plays offensively, mainly I would say. Passes in the skates, poor decisions, as well as poor shots in the offensive zone. Guys like Cole, Desharnais did not play very well IMO tonight, but their effort was A1.

We definitely are out of the playoffs this season, but at least I see a small improvement. And tomorrow night, we will see what Bourque can contribute to this team. I might be too optimistic, but I believe that he will a good addition.

Let's see.

You can type LOL all night. I guess I'll take a long look, as if I haven't yet. I still want to win. Hey, the leaf bandwagon has room.

Be careful, it's truculent.

If we can start winning lots of games and bring that push over into the playoffs and do really well that would be awesome. It would signify that our core is solid, that we are a competitive team and only need a little tweaking and all that jazz... but if we just win every once and a while and miss the playoffs barely we don't get any benefit...

For the record I still think we can look at Ottawa as another team that managed to sink for 1 season, and then come back up.

Much like Philly

I think we can do the same, and thats why I don't want to see the core of the team, like Plekanec, go.

But I dont mind a higher pick.

You laughed when I said the leafs had a better team then us. Some laughed when I said the Bruins were WAY better then us. You can't build a winning with blinders on. I don't mind losing because frankly, we are going to lose anyway. I want to see our young kids develop and learn.

Watch the game with less passion and more of a scouts perspective... enjoy the small triumphs. I hope to really enjoy the draft.

I'm encouraging you ontariens to go. I'll stay here with the countries best restaurants, hottest women, and best night life.

So because i live in Ontario i can't be a Hab fan... nice attitude.

I wish Eller passed more.

You're right; he should pass more. I hope that the coach will have a chat with him on this subject; I mean, he is a center, he is supposed to be a playmaker.

Kaberle 5/12 career over 41% before tonight on shootouts.

Not that strange a pick.

The ignorant bunch at l'Antichambre were criticizing the move, but did not have the facts. You have to come on board like this one to know what's going on. Unbelievable.

Who wants the Habs to lose? Not me. But in the last 15 years, when we failed to make the playoffs it was always 9th or 10th in the conference - resulting in a 15th or higher pick. We didn`t draft well for a long time and that didn`t help either. If we aren`t going to make it, it`d be sweet to add a player of the calibre similar to possibly Rick Nash, Marc-Andre Fleury, Alexander Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, Erik Johnson, Patrick Kane, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Taylor Hall or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Better that than Terry Ryan or Kyle Chipchura.

Toronto has sucked forever & what do they have to show for it? Seguin & Hamilton! Toronto lost those guys for Kessel. Compare that to Montreal`s case, we could have 1 bad tank of a season & we can draft Grigorenko or Yakupov & come right back next year. Our corps have a lot of flexable potential.

You're right; he should pass more. I hope that the coach will have a chat with him on this subject; I mean, he is a center, he is supposed to be a playmaker.

He wasn't bad until that 4 goal game.. he is young.. it goes to the head. I am sure he will snap out of it and remember he doesn't have to do it all himself.

If we can start winning lots of games and bring that push over into the playoffs and do really well that would be awesome. It would signify that our core is solid, that we are a competitive team and only need a little tweaking and all that jazz... but if we just win every once and a while and miss the playoffs barely we don't get any benefit...

Exactly...

I said at the beginning of the month we needed to win 15 out of next 20 games to have a chance.... since we are 2/5 so far, I don't see that happening.

I can't sit there hoping the Habs lose. Goes against every fibre of my being. Besides, we have no guarantee of picking in (say) the top-3 at the end of the day anyhow. No one is going to catch Columbus in the basement, first of all. Secondly, the random lottery factor could work against just as well as for us. I haven't studied the upcoming draft pool, but unless there are half a dozen 'franchise' players waiting to be selected we cannot assume that we will be all set to bag a player of the calibre sufficient to change the future in a big way.

Take the 2008 pool. http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftsearch.htm?year=2008&team=&position=&round=

Of the top-10, only the first two have proven to be that kind of special player (Stamkos and Doughty). Sure, I'd take Bosogian or Schenn on my team, but I don't know if those guys are transformative players vastly better than you can find at, say, #15 in the draftng order. The Sabres got Myers at #12; the Rangers, DeZotto at #20. I doubt that those teams wish they had 'tanked' and finished, say, 3rd or 4th last that season.

So basically, we have no chance of finishing last overall; the prospects for doing so rely purely on lottery luck. All you're wishing for is for the Habs to lose. Period.

Who wants the Habs to lose? Not me. But in the last 15 years, when we failed to make the playoffs it was always 9th or 10th in the conference - resulting in a 15th or higher pick. We didn`t draft well for a long time and that didn`t help either. If we aren`t going to make it, it`d be sweet to add a player of the calibre similar to possibly Rick Nash, Marc-Andre Fleury, Alexander Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, Erik Johnson, Patrick Kane, Steven Stamkos, John Tavares, Taylor Hall or Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Better that than Terry Ryan or Kyle Chipchura.

Toronto has sucked forever & what do they have to show for it? Seguin & Hamilton! Toronto lost those guys for Kessel. Compare that to Montreal`s case, we could have 1 bad tank of a season & we can draft Grigorenko or Yakupov & come right back next year. Our corps have a lot of flexable potential.

We haven't had a 100 pt scorer or 50 goal scorer since the 80s for crying out loud.

I want an elite NHL scorer.

I want to be the flying frenchmen again.

And you are far more likely to find these guys at the top of the draft.... not 100% certain, nothing is, but far more likely.