Montreal at Ottawa

Colin

Bell Centre was super quiet last night and the fan store was making minimal sales I have never seen it so dead there.

Also scalpers last night selling tickets at less than face value.

Bell Centre was super quiet last night and the fan store was making minimal sales I have never seen it so dead there.

Also scalpers last night selling tickets at less than face value.

Good. Molson needs to learn two lessons here:

1. You max out your profits when the team wins.

2. The team wins when you leave hockey operations ALONE.

Agree 99%

Fact is he still makes big $ when concerts and other stuff is in the Bell Centre.

Really like number two--- case in point, I believe one of the Molsens were directly responsible for Denis Savard for Chris Chelios trade which goes done in history as the worst ever Canadien trade. L'est we forget.

On a side note- What Gomer did you see last night?

Commandant is right. Players generally need time to find their sea-legs. Give Gomer a few games before organizing lynch mobs; but for the record I thought he looked OK last night.

Personally Gomer ws okay, but clearly not at his best.... Thats fine though, the guy has ben out for oer a month.

I think we'll get a better take on him after a few more games (say 5-10).

Indeed.

So we should take bets on which game he'll get injured in. I got $50 on game 8.

Really like number two--- case in point, I believe one of the Molsens were directly responsible for Denis Savard for Chris Chelios trade which goes done in history as the worst ever Canadien trade. L'est we forget.

1. Rumor has it that Chelios slept with Corey's wife.

2. The Patrick Roy trade.

I hated the Turgeon trade more than the Roy trade. St. Louis must have been shocked when Montreal approached them with, "Yeah, we hear Shayne Corson is available. We'll give you Pierre Turgeon, potential top six center Craig Conroy and a decent defensive prospect in Rory Fitzpatrick for him. And if you could throw in a guy like Murray Baron and maybe a fifth to balance out the incredible value of this, that'd be great kay?"

I can see what Houle was trying to get from the Roy trade and his thinking that he was getting a first line winger in Rucinsky, a power forward in Kovalenko and a young number one in Thibault. There's just no excusing trading Turgeon, just coming off a 96 point season with 38 goals for Corson. I don't care how good his 97-98 campaign was. Just no justifying that trade to me.

I hated the Turgeon trade more than the Roy trade. St. Louis must have been shocked when Montreal approached them with, "Yeah, we hear Shayne Corson is available. We'll give you Pierre Turgeon, potential top six center Craig Conroy and a decent defensive prospect in Rory Fitzpatrick for him. And if you could throw in a guy like Murray Baron and maybe a fifth to balance out the incredible value of this, that'd be great kay?"

I can see what Houle was trying to get from the Roy trade and his thinking that he was getting a first line winger in Rucinsky, a power forward in Kovalenko and a young number one in Thibault. There's just no excusing trading Turgeon, just coming off a 96 point season with 38 goals for Corson. I don't care how good his 97-98 campaign was. Just no justifying that trade to me.

There is no way that Roy doesn't bring you AT LEAST one 1st rounder + Thibault and Rucinsky. He was simply the best goalie in the game, arguably the History of the Game.

Commandant is right. Players generally need time to find their sea-legs. Give Gomer a few games before organizing lynch mobs; but for the record I thought he looked OK last night.

Good. Everyone is hoping he comes around. I never figure the fans on this board. He has now played fourteen games this year and better than he was last year and fans are all over him to get rid of him. They should have raised that flag last year when he stunk. I would personnally move him, but I don't think he deserves their ire this year.