Rangers vs Habs, Jan. 15, 7 PM EST

dlbalr

Excellent, my fantasy league gamble paid off. I had a hunch the Habs would win this game. I picked up Budaj in this pool this week primarily for this start and had a situation where I could gain two points (this is a H2H pool, not a points-based one) if the Habs won and allowed one goal (or two with very little delayed PP time) or with a loss while allowing more than two, I'd lose a point. Good gamble to make this time although late in the 3rd I was more than nervous when the Rangers were coming close.

On the stat side, the good, the bad, and the ugly from tonight:

The good:

Bourque with 3 shots and 4 hits in 21 quality minutes of ice time.

Plekanec was an impressive 77% on the draw.

Blunden led the game with 5 hits and played a career high 17:18.

The bad:

I call this bad, Gorges and Subban each played 25 minutes. With a 3 goal lead and 7 D dressed, I don't like that. Kaberle could've played more than 8 and half minutes tonight.

Weber with 3 giveaways won't help his cause to stay in the lineup over Campoli.

The team had 15 giveaways total, higher than most nights.

The ugly:

Eller was just 17% on the draw, his 3rd straight game below 37%.

Full stats: http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20112012/ES020660.HTM

Subban Spit Gate

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/witness-pk-subban-spitting-incident-heinous-no-one-031930016.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

My own comment: Yes its me with the first comment

"According to your story, Hernandez passes you and starts walking up the ramp. Then you say you were struck on the right temple. The spit then proceeds to ricochet off the temple, striking Newman between the third and fourth rib. The spit then came off the rib turned and hit Newman in the right wrist, causing him to drop his baseball cap. The spit then splashed off the wrist, pauses — in mid air, mind you — makes a left turn and lands on Newman's left thigh. That is one magic loogie."