GDT: Habs @ Penguins, the quickie edition

Commandant

Google has served you well then. :)

Tres bien. So, my math puts us at a need to go 10-6 if we win tonight. That's a rough calculation for us to have hope. Maybe we can beat the Leafers and then we'll need to go 9-6. It would be so cool to get us to 6-6 required with 12 games left before the deadline.

I know I keep saying it & it's likely a dream now, this team still has the chance. There's just no more sand left in the hourglass to waste anymore.

Thoughts/notes on the game so far:

- Kostitsyn came to play (about time), he has looked really good out there. And before we get into the whole TOI and PP TOI debate again, he isn't playing any less on either than he has in recent games.

- Emelin apparently has 4 hits. I don't recall seeing him take 4 shifts.

- Campoli is 2nd on the team in TOI. Read into that what you will.

- Eller only has 6:41 of ice time despite scoring the early goal.

- Subban's giveaway: I don't care if there wasn't a winger there, he needs to look to see before making that blind pass. That's multiple times this season that his laziness in that exact situation to turn and look has cost the Habs a goal. He's having a rough night beyond that, I wonder if he may be sitting tomorrow.

Hmmmm... do I book the time off work?

I'd have to think the Habs will be busy leading up to the deadline as the veterans get sold off. Whether they save that for deadline day or not remains to be seen. I'd consider trying to get the day off if you could.

how predicatble was this fight?

This is starting to get tiring - get a suspension and up having to fight after serving it during the first meeting.

Last thing we need is to risk a broken wrist or hand of one our better offensive players. Just plain stupid.

Risk a broken Hand at this point I would say oh well sucks but could happen during a important season :)

Kaberle is definitely having a Dr. Jekyll (good plays in the D zone & outlet pass wonder) type of game.

18 games as a Hab including tonight... 11 pts.... -1...... 16:20 average ice time (despite dressing 7D most nights)

He's really doing everything we could have asked of him.... too bad the rest of the team hasn't played well.