GDT: Habs @ Penguins, the quickie edition

Commandant

Worst team in 3rd period ever?

Up there for sure but doubt worst ever.

There are actually 8 teams worse with the lead in the 3rd than the Habs.

CBJ barely wins more than 50% when leading after 2.

Is it out turn to win a SO now?

Hmmm yes if it gets there.

OKay so I hope Bourque shoots.

Also Patches and Cole if they want to win.

DD and Plex if they want to lose.

Gill and Gorges if they want to have fun.

i guess if we win in the shootout it will serve as evidence that we only lost all those other shootout games because of Price :rolleyes:

Hmmm yes if it gets there.

OKay so I hope Bourque shoots.

Also Patches and Cole if they want to win.

DD and Plex if they want to lose.

Gill and Gorges if they want to have fun.

I'd like to seee AK46 finally get a chance.

The broken stick on that penalty shot could be the cover shot of the book about this glorious season. On the back of the book could feature Kaberle's shootout gaffe. We can call it Shootout Losers. Pass the pepto. Going to any Leaf versus Habs viewing parties really sucks now. The night will begin as they laugh about tonight's flat tire.

Wish Gomez scored.

Love that they picked him though and put him in the pressure spot.

I agree. I'm happy he got a shot, would've been nice to get the monkey off his back.

As for Kostitsyn's shot, does that not represent the season as a whole? Whatever bad luck, bad break, bad anything can happen, does happen. I don't recall seeing that in a shootout in the past but I'm sure it's happened to someone else.

I'm not writing a 3 Stars piece tonight (I'm probably writing the ATB Campoli one for tomorrow though) but here are my picks:

1) Pacioretty

2) Cole

3) Kaberle

HM) Kostitsyn

Sadly, it was a double loss (sort of) for the Habs tonight. A late goal by Jocelyn Lemieux made it close but the Habs still fell 6-5 to the Leafs alumni in advance of tomorrow's game between the Bulldogs and Marlies. That game can be seen on Sportsnet.

thots on the game (since I was there)

Cole is amazing. I found myself looking forward to his next shift on the ice because he always made something happen.

campoli is worse than I thought.

I love being in the building when they boo subban. the fans I spoke too actually think he is a great player regardless of his offensive drop this year. I don't want him traded away. that said, if those around me would be objective, they'd notice he made a zillion mistakes and very few good plays to compensate.

was Kaberle like this with the maples? his defensive brain cramps are astounding! that said, he is doing what he is paid to do, he just has to be paired with a very good partner.

if u think the pp looks bad on tv, it looks worse in person.

Eller is underrated. he works his butt off out there.

plexs looked soft for most of the game. I think I only noticed positive things from him a couple of times in the whole game - the other times I couldn't believe that was him playing like that!

bourque disappointed. saw nothing I liked out of him. I am still in the camp that liked the Cami for Bourque trade, but he didnt appear to have much of a sense of where to be out there, nor did he at least bring any energy.

deharnais, pax, cole - FINALLY a true #1 line!!!

moen ... oh why oh why??? way too much ice time, too many mistakes - pp??? double shifted in ot??? keep him as third/fourth line and pk ... PLEASE!

did I already say Campoli was terrible?

seemed to me we won more face offs than i expected we would - don't know the stats but we won a lot of key ones this time (at least it felt that way)

AK? meh - mediocre. goal was nice but he didn't stand out any more than Gorges or darche, IMO.

deharnais is a smart player.

that is all.